So I'm taking a little break from the Q & A sessions. Don't worry there are still many questions I haven't got to yet. There coming just be patient.
Why is it that we work 5 days a week to only be rewarded with 2 days off that seem to just fly by? Hmmm... That's alright though Thanksgiving is this week and that means I get a four day weekend next weekend. Whoo Hoo.
Not much has been going on around here. The boys left late yesterday going camping with some friends of theirs. They won't be home until tomorrow. So it has been pretty quite here. I miss them and the little rascals haven't even bothered to call their overprotective Mother to check in. I was going to call them but Richard said they were fine and not to worry. Hmmph
I know they are getting older and growing up. But I do wish it would slow down a little. Feels like sometimes if I just blink I will miss so much.
Richard has been feeling good lately. We have talked quite a bit about the decision he has to make about whether or not to do this last treatment option. As of right now he has decided not to do it. But it is still a few weeks before his next scan on December 11th. Alot could change between now and then.
I can't say that I'm upset about him not wanting to do this treatment. There are so many risks involved as far as infection and low white blood count. It just worries me alot. And I think we have both come to the agreement that we would rather have 10 good days together instead of having 100 days where he felt bad all the time and was unable to do anything with the boys and myself. We just want to relish in each others company and be grateful and faithful to the Lord.
Sometimes I guess you just have to weigh the odds and even though the good may not be great it's always better than the bad.
6 months ago











30 comments:
oh Kori, I am praying you for both and this decision. I am so sorry! I have a fun surprise for you over at my blog... you can thank Jasper... his choice :)
Kori: I wish I had great wisdom for you about what to do. My only advice is to cherish each moment with him. I am praying that you have many good moments together today!
Let me tell how encouraging it is to hear about a couple discussing the options and deciding what's best for them, instead of blindly following a doctor's recommendations, no matter what the cost. I admire you and Richard so much. Truly, I do.
Hope you can enjoy the peace and quiet and not worry too much.
I pray God gives you what you both want...I pray also for His peace, grace and wisdom. Enjoy your Thansgiving...:)
I think you are making the right decision and I hope you feel peace with it!
you amaze me Kori-kins.... you do.
you're my hero
take is easy though, don't try to do too much, or it will back fire, I know first hand..
Keep up your courage. your doing great!!
happy thanksgiving.
Kori...I'm glad you are both are getting some alone time where Richard is actually feeling good.
Love you guys!!!
Speaking as someone who lost a dad I'm happy that it happened quicker. I have mostly happy stuff to remember and not years and years of illness. It's a hard thing to admit but I was happy to have that one AWESOME day with my dad instead of another year going back and forth to the hospital.
But it took me years to get that perspective.
Hope you're having a great day. You're right--weekends are NEVER long enough!
I hope I can be a strong as you are if ever faced with things that are this hard !!
Those are tough decisions. It's so hard to say what is best. :o)
I bet the boys are having a blast on their camping trip!
Hey Girl! I'm so glad that Richard is feeling better and you got to spend some alone time with him.
I can't imagine the decisions you have to make, but I would want to have as many good days as possible.
And, I'm sure your boys are doing fine and having fun!
I can't believe it is already Sunday! This weekend, heck, this month has flown by!
thinking about you and praying for you....
Love that scripture. God is still able to do exceedingly more than we ask or imagine.
I'm praying for you and Richard and the boys.
We leave in the afternoon tomorrow for NC for Thanksgiving. I'll talk to you when we get back.
I'm so glad Richard is feeling good and you've had some good time together while the boys are camping.
Decisions are just decisions, you go with your heart.
Have a great week.
I know none of it can be easy. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'll be praying as that Dec 11th date nears.
I am so glad to hear that Richard is feeling better. I imagine that the changing of his skin is pretty exciting. Especially after reading on his blog about how it felt to take a shower. I hope that the two of you had a great weekend with the boys away...
Kori continued prayers for you guys. I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving.
I know all about overprotective mother. I am all about being overprotective. My husband tells me all the time to let her grow up. Like he knows what he's talking about.
I agree with Richard's decision about "quality" over "quanity" however, I just want to yell "Fight. Just keep Fighting."
I'm sure a reaction that you have too.
Your faith is unbelievable and all I can do is pray. Pray.Pray.Pray.
BTW...can you tell me what wizard of oz ornament you really want and don't have? You can email me this with your address at sdiver1973@unitelsd.com.
That's my question for you.
I still get upset with Chick if she doesn't call me and she is 13. I don't think it ever ends. There are times when I am going on out of town and my mom still tells me to call when I get there. I won't say exactly how old I am, but I am more than 21... I think it is just a mom thing.
As for Richard... I know this isn't easy. I think I would be kicking and screaming all the way to the end, cause it just isn't fair... And I don't care if life isn't fair, you have been dealt a real tough hand in life and you have had more than your share of trouble (not just you, but you and Richard and the boys). I know I've been praying daily for you guys.
There is a reason. God has a reason. We aren't always supposed to know those reasons, but it sure would be nice if he could give a hint.
this came out this morning ...
~In him we have "redemption" through his blood, the "forgiveness" of sins, in accordance with the "riches" of God's "grace" that he "lavished on us" with all wisdom and understanding. Eph 1:7,8
Prayed this for Richard and you and the family this morning...
It's good to hear Richard is feeling better. Whatever his decision may be just make the most of the time you have together.
You are so much stronger than I could ever be. I'm in total awe of you.
I agree... 10 good days is better than 100 of feeling bad.
I m so glad to hear that he is feeling better... and you, my dear, sound as sweet as I thought you would!
Kori, you and your family continue to inspire me on a daily basis. I always check your blog to see how you all are!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, your family deserves such happiness and blessings.
Prayers for Richard and all of you. The two of you have an amazing love story.
Hope the boys had fun on their camping trip.
And so glad to hear Richard is feeling better :)
Hang in there, Kori!
Alise went to spend the night with her Aunt Donna and I kept asking Wayne, "Do you think we need call and check on Baby Girl?" Daddy's answer? "Nah! She's fine." I trusted him.
Job 6:8...oh, Kori...I am going to start praying this verse for YOU. I am...indeed.
Prayers for the decisions to be made.
Post a Comment