Monday, November 3, 2008

Beautiful Glimmering Circles of Hope

Today did not start off with with the greatest of ease. My alarm clock is possessed and instead of going off at the scheduled time of 5:15AM it decided to just hang out and wait till 5:50AM to start making that annoying buzzing noise.

So after running around the house grabbing clothes, applying makeup, and straightening hair we were off after stopping to pick up my wonderful Mother-in-law.

We arrive just a little behind schedule. Richard gets his labs done, has his CT scan and we wait and anticipate for the news the Doctor is going to give.

All I want is a glimmer of hope just to know that there has been a "good" change.

When the Doctor came in "good" was not a word used. There went my glimmer of hope.

Basically the tumors have grown some more (this time the doctor did not mention if there appeared to be even more than the last time) and they seen something in the lower part of one of Richard's lungs. The Doc would not elaborate as he is not certain it is more cancer or just some scar tissue from Richard's Cystic Fibrosis. They will be keeping an eye on it from scan to scan to see if there is any change.

He did tell us that there was 1 more treatment process we could try. But that the side-effects are not to be taken lightly. The main one is the lowering of white blood cells and making Richard more at risk for infection. Ok the problem with that is, Richard always have infection in his lungs, always. So by doing this treatment it could in turn cause an adverse effect with his CF. He said that they would start Richard on a lower dose than what they normally use and then raise it up as he goes along. We'll see what Richard decides to do.

As of right now he is not doing anything. We are going to wait and let his skin heal up and let him get back to his old self. On December 11th we go back once again for another scan and to see the Doctor. Richard will make his decision then as to whether or not he wants to pursue this treatment.

If he does or doesn't it will not change the fact that this is the last attempt at a glimmer of hope for just a little more time together. If he decides to go forward with the treatment he will not start it until after Christmas. His decision.

After we left we went out for Mexican just the 3 of us and talked about alot of things. I'm glad we did. I checked the mail when we got home it was bills, bills, and more bills. Ugh!

But in the midst of the bills there was a package from my wonderful friend Susie. After praying for the past few months for a glimmer of hope and still not getting one. It has been disheartening. My Faith has not wavered for I know who carries me when I am too weak to walk this path alone.

In my package was a lovely card and a pure white box.

My heart was touched by the sweet message I read within the card.

My spirit however was lifted and I could feel the love contained in the box as I seen

2 glimmering silver bracelets and one that was encircled with the word "Hope"

Thank you Susie for my lovely gift.

Thank you God for the message that was within the gift. You are Good All The Time!

41 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

You both just blow me away with your faith and courage...I am humbled by your words and actions! May God keep blessing you both and give you His peace!

Shannon said...

What a great gift you received... and today of all days.

You amaze me, Kori.

I wish I had more words of encouragement for you... please just know that I am here for you. Anytime.

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful gift.

Wep said...

Just remember that we are here for you. WHen you need to vent, just let it out here. WE all support you.

Angie's Spot said...

I just love surprise gifts that arrive exactly when they're most needed. Isn't timing a beautiful thing? I echo the others in that you are an amazing woman who shows such strength. I'm in awe of you and your family. Thinking of you guys always!

Anonymous said...

Isnt it amazing how just when we need a pick me up it is there waiting for us??

Your strength and courage give me hope and strength for myself. And for that, I thank you! I just love you and pray for you every day!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a great gift and glimmer of "hope." I pray that Richard can make his decision at peace.

Avery Tales said...

Your faith is inspirational. I know that this is an extremely difficult time. Please just know that I'm praying. God is so good all the time! Even when we can't see it. What a beautiful surprise.

Hugs,
Lurenda

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing couple! Your strength and love for one another shines through. Your family is in our prayers.
Angela
www.phoenixsfight.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the hard times you and your family are going through. I don't comment an awful lot, just because I don't know the words to say, but I want to let you know that I care, and I'm praying for you.

Jaci

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you wanted, but whatever Richard decides will be best. I'm sure it's a hard one to make - more time where he can't really participate and enjoy the time, or less time but full enjoyment.

I wish I could have your faith that God takes care of everything. I just feel like he sits back and watches things unfold. Not in an uncaring way, but in a "things will be what they will be, and I do not interfere with the nature I created" kind of way. I can't believe otherwise, because to me, that would mean he's a mean God, one who lets good things happen to bad people, and lets good people suffer. And that's not what I want. Am I allowed to be a downer on your post? Ha, sorry!

Gina said...

I'm so sorry the news today wasn't more encouraging.
Enjoy the upcoming holidays and love up that man of yours'.
I'm so glad you got that gift in the mail- what beautiful timing!!
Thinking of you all...
xoxo

Lula! said...

This...this right here...this gift-from-Susie-story that you just shared...THIS, my friend, is GOD. He is real. He is good. He has perfect timing.

Kelsey said...

I wish I could say something that would make your dear husband get better, but the only thing I can do for you is pray.

You are amazing, you never lose any hope do you? You are an example that God is good all the time!

Sounds like that gift was a sign from God too.

Hugs to you!

Susie said...

I am so glad that my package arrived when you needed it the most. I thought for sure it would have arrived late last week, but I am glad it was postponed until today.

I know you are disheartened by the news from the doctor, but there is always hope and I know I am praying for you and Richard and the boys daily.

I was thinking today, if someone asked me what the one thing I would want to do if I knew that there wold be no tomorrow for me, what would I want to do? Who would I want to be with? So, that is your question for tomorrow....

Love you!
Susie

Jane In The Jungle said...

HE lifted you up via Susie, what a precious gift.

Know you are being prayed over by all of us.

Becky said...

We are right there with you, feeling your frustration and grief at not getting the news you want to hear. My love is in the hospital right now, having had another 3 1/2 liters removed. Life preservers come and go, I wish they would just stay. My thoughts and prayers are with you so often.

BBB said...

*sigh*

Jesus... fix this. You can. You can do anything.

Amen

Ann Harrison said...

Oh, to arrive home to find a lovely little box.
That brings some kind of hope, or wish.
We will look for it where ever we can find it, right?
Never stop. I won't.
Now, about this Mexican Restaurant you mentioned...
What did you order? What's your favorite?
I just LOVE Mexican style food! :->

Louisa Claire said...

I am so pleased you received some encouragement today and am so sorry that you haven't yet received the miracle you long for. Thank you for sharing your journey and for your honesty.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Wow. what amazing timing.

And I hope that our little chat summit tonight was also helpful. Even though it was full of TMI...I hope at the very least it sent you to bed with a smile on your face.

You are an absolutely amazing person. I am so glad that you are a part of my life!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and your husband Kori!! May the Lord bless you and may His face shine upon you!

Leiann said...

You are soooo brave!! I don't know if I could handle going through all that with my husband! I have you in my thoughts and prayers! And isn't it wonderful to have great friends who listen to promptings and are able to lift you up?

Mere said...

Your Faith and Courage are AMAZING and will keep you strong! What an awesome gift you got too!

~Mere

Becky W said...

You are such an wonderful example to all of us! Know we are praying for you!

FlipFlop Mom said...

oh my dear sweet friend...I spent the day in prayer for you.. You were my first thoughts in the morning.. and so glad that the Lord reminded me to pray for you..

Praising God for Susie!!!

Praying while you all continue where to go from here..
Many Many hugs for you and yours!!!

Melissa said...

Kori, I am so blessed by your testimony. God is so present in the midst of every trial we face. He will carry you. I love the song my Mark Schultz that echos those words:

"And even though I'm walking through the valley of the shadow, I will hold tight to the hand of Him, whose love will comfort me. And when all hope is gone and I am wounded in the battle. He is all the strength that I will ever need. He will carry me."

I love you, My sister in Christ.

Christ in you, the hope of glory...

Ronnica said...

15, 50, at least they sound the same.

Sorry to hear that the news wasn't what you wanted. I'll be praying for you and Richard!

Linda said...

You may not realize this, but your faith and strength are such an encouragement to others.

I pray for peace for you and your family.

Kelli said...

what a sweet gift. Prayers and hugs for all of you.

Rhea said...

What wonderful timing for Susie's gift to show up.

Kori, you are going through so much. I just can't even imagine the myriad of emotions you must face daily. Hang in there, girlfriend. I'm glad you have the support of bloggers and friends and family. :o)

Avery Tales said...

I was at St. Vincents all day. We're bound to eventually run into each other! :)

Michelle said...

I am inspired by your faith and courage and I got the chills when I read what the gift was.

Hugs

KimmyJ said...

Hope springs eternal. Y'all are daily in my prayers.

Devri said...

Ok my new friend let me just say that my heart breaks for you right now. I am truly sorry for what is happening in your life, and I wish I could comfort you somehow.

My dearest husband had cancer last year. I know what you are feeling and are going through, in fact we still are having the effects. Great you got this on such a day like this.

Be strong my friend, and the Lord will take care of you and your family.

LarryG said...

I prayed for Richard and you this morning.
Larry

Anonymous said...

You have such wonderful friends and family. I'm so glad they are THERE for you guys during this time in your lives.

Tardevil said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband is sick. I pray that somehow you will find your glimmer of hope!

LarryG said...

Come over to my blog for you award dear Kori...

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I was so hoping that you would have a miracle but the miracle is your determination to see the best in even this situation.
Blessings.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome gift to receive on this particular day!!! You and Richard amaze me, Kori! I'm so glad to know both of you through this blog and I will continue to pray for you both!