Oh it is Wednesday and I couldn't be more thrilled. Four day weekend coming up. Yay! Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
Kat over at Sunshine and Lemonade asked:
Favorite Pearl Jam song?
Yellow Ledbetter
Favorite concert?
I would love to say my beloved Pearl Jam but believe it or not I have never seen them in concert. Sad yes I know. So my choice is Limp Bizkit. They use to have concerts all over Jacksonville before they were famous and all you had to pay was a cover. Did ya'll know that Fred Durst the lead singer was actually a tattoo artist back in the day?
What are you going to read when you are done with the Twilight series?
I haven't a clue. But I bet you got some good suggestions for me.
When are you coming to Atlanta again?
As soon as Christmas is over.
Betty from Weins World wants to know:
Which faith are you?
Technically I am Southern Baptist. But I have never been one to fully understand how we all got separated into different faiths. For me their is but One God and I feel like no matter what faith we are, we pray to the same God.
And what church do you go to (not the name, just the denomination)?
It's Baptist. You can check it out here and listen to a sermon or 2 or 3.
LarryG at Yesterday, Today and Forever asked:
How about Philippians 4:10?
I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.
What do you think of it?
I am beyond thankful that God has brought me to this place where I know the concern of others for me and my family.Yet I can trust fully in Him to carry the heavy load for us all.
Rhea at Texas Word Tangle asked:
If you could own your own restaurant, what kind of food would you cook, any certain theme or atmosphere?
Right now I am feeling like a PieMaker. Could I just serve pie and awesome coffee 24-7? Cause you know it's all about the coffee.
What book world would you like to jump into?
I would have liked to have been a YaYa. Seems like they had loads of fun.
If you could excel in one art form, what would you choose?
Photography. I have always said when I get a fancy schmancy camera I am going to take some digital photography classes. I just love the art in it all.
Tiffany at The R Family Diaries asked:
At what moment did you know Richard was the love of your life?
Gosh. Was there ever a time when I didn't know? I guess I always new there was something there. But I tried to surpress it because he was here and I was down there and I knew that he had CF and was on borrowed time and I wasn't really sure if I was ready for that, not just for me but for the boys as well. But after the 5, 6, 7 and 10 page letters he sent I knew that this was a once in a lifetime kind of love. Some people wait forever for what we have. I am truly blessed.
What has been your biggest lesson in the past year?
To cherish everything, absolutely everything. To always say I'm sorry whether it was your fault or not. To not always be the strong one. To hug a little longer. And to always end with I love you.
Do you love me as much as I love you? :)
Of course I do, Absolutely! Was there ever any doubt?
Jane from Jumpin' in the Jungle asked:
Where is Brookside Al.?
Just north of Birmingham about 20 miles. Why? You coming to visit my little po-dunk town?
Who's your favorite college football team?
FSU Baby! It's the Florida girl in me. But since I live here and Hubby's favorite is UofA I cheer them on as well. Except when they are playing FSU of course.
If you were a tree, which kind would you be?
A Magnolia. I love the smell and the southern-ness of it all.
Karla over at Zander and Me wants to know:
Do you ever talk to Jacob and Calob's biological father?
WOW I wasn't expecting that question. The answer is NO I do not. Our relationship was very difficult to say the least. He was very abusive towards me. Very. When I moved from Florida to Alabama he wasn't aware that, that was my plan. We actually lived in the same house but lived completely different lives. By this time the abuse had pretty much stopped because I learned how to fight back and not lay down and take it anymore. And he didn't like that. So Ok anyway. When I moved here we did talk on the phone some. I offered him visitation he said that Alabama was just to far for him to come for a weekend. Ok fine. So Richard and I talked about it and we agreed to meet him halfway in Macon Georgia. We would all stay there and he could see and spend time with the boys. His words to me were you took the boys to Alabama if you want me to see them you can bring them back to Florida. Um no, not gonna happen. So we talked a few more times I told him I didn't want anything from him and that was it. We moved got a new number and I haven't spoken to him in well over 7 years. The boys know about him. Jacob remembers alot and none of it is good. Calob doesn't know anything about him. I have his address and phone number and if there comes a day when the boys want a relationship with him. I will not keep that from them. But right now they are happy and content and Richard is the only man they call Daddy. Because he is their Daddy. I have made alot of mistakes in my life and that relationship was one of them. But my boys were the best thing that ever came out of that whole mess.
Looks like there will be a part 4. So stay tuned.
6 months ago











15 comments:
Girl you rock!! Bless you for getting strong and OUT of the ex mess!!
And you never know who might show up in po-dunk, now that I know where Brookside is, and it really is not that far!!LOL!!
Man, you got asked some really good questions... and I loved reading your answers! :)
Thanks for answering my question. I completely agree with you on that one.
I didn´t know this was your second marriage, but from the sound of it, you have a keeper!
I was never married to my ex. So this is my first marriage.
Just wanted to clarify that.
Great answers, Kori.
Glad you got out of the abusive relationship and found the love of your life. And that your boys have a great man to look up to as their dad now.
And I'm glad you gave in to Richard....you're right....some of us wait a lifetime trying to find our true love...I'm still looking...
Wow those were some good questions...deep.
But you handled them beautifully and honestly. I applaud you.
Ooo -when we move to Atlanta we can take digital photography classes together, mmmkay???
You even answered my love me question!
I love reading all these insights....although, you are as sweet, sincere and beautiful as I expected...
Hi Kori. Thanks for stopping by to wish me happy birthday. Very interesting questions. Neat post. I like it.
Love reading all your answers!!!
Praying for you.. that your spirits are lifted.. and that tomorrow.. you are full of happiness... and nothing will bother you!!! No way.. No how...
Ü.. I don't want you to have a heavy heart...
If there is one thing I'm thankful for this year.. It's "meeting" you here in the bloggy world.. I know you have brought me much joy through communicating through our blogs... Thanks Dearheart!!
Now.. go and have a WONDERUFL.. SUPER-DE-DUPER Thanksgiving... !!!
Oh NO you're a NOLE!
Oh well, I won't let it affect our friendship lol.
I Loved the idea of ask me anything, so I decided to do one on my blog.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I didn't know you were an FSU fan! =O I GUESS we can still be friends. ;o)
I didn't know about your ex, either. I have an abusive ex, also. So sorry you & the boys went through that.
I have a question for round 4. I'm new to your blog so you may have already talked about this. But, how did you and Richard meet?
Whew..those were some good questions.
And, you are so honest! Sorry you had to endure that. I know it has made you who you are, but it's awful!
Happy Turkey day.
I thought I commented. Maybe blogger ate it. Maybe I am missing time ;-)
But I love your honesty (hey...another H word) and openness with your life.
Oh...and did you notice the Pearl Jam song on my blog today? That was just for you
Post a Comment