Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thank you Pastor J

So about everyday I get these daily devotionals that the Pastor of my Church sends out to everyone. I always read them with an open heart and really try to take in the message. Well todays really hits home. So I thought I would share it with you.

BIBLE MEDITATION: “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: What if you had an appointment with the doctor and found out that you had cancer? Maybe you have heard this news or heard it on behalf of a loved one. I want to tell you some things cancer cannot do.
Cancer cannot shatter hope.
Cancer cannot corrode faith.
Cancer cannot eat away peace.
Cancer cannot place a limit on eternal life.
Cancer cannot quench the Spirit of God and cancer cannot lessen the power of the resurrection.
That’s how limited cancer is!

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love this...I just found out yesterday that my Aunt has pancreatic cancer...and my grandfather died from it 2 november's ago. This message gives me hope, faith, and reminds me of God's everlasting plan for us. Thanks for passing the message Kori! My love and prayers to you and the family

LarryG said...

Beautiful!

Shelley said...

That was so beautiful. I needed to hear that as well. Thanks for posting it.

BBB said...

Wow... isn't that straight from God! How like Him.

Love you sweetie!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love that! It is so true, yet we never realize it!

Tracy said...

Wow, so true!

Tracy

Susie said...

Amen!

That's all I can say on that subject!

FlipFlop Mom said...

AWESOME!!! and something I never thought of!!! It's great to be reminded!!! He ROCKS!!

Tracy said...

Kori I hope you all have a good Friday, hope your weekend is nice also...

I was talking to nurse Cathy Baines at Molly's last clinic visit the other day and I told her about meeting you and who your husband was (because I knew she probably knew him). She said be sure to tell Richard she said hi. She said she started working there at the age of 23 and she's up in her 50's now ... so she said she's known Richard a long time. So tell him hi for her. :)
Love,
Tracy

Katey said...

Thanks Kori for your prayers and for thinking of me. I think I am good...just hanging out and anxious to see what is causing me to feel sick! Hope you are feeling much better!

Wendy said...

Hi Kori! Came over from WW but am so late that I got in on this post.
My husband has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will have surgery soon. He is a pastor himself and actually has the exact same theology. He told the congregation..."okay, now I have to practice what I preach"..and he is. You are dealing with alot right now and I admire your spirit. I am going to add your site to mine so I can keep up with you! You will be in my prayers.

LarryG said...

Go get you some Gummy Bears girl!

Anonymous said...

What a great devotional.....I wonder if he wrote especially for you and your family....

Louisa Claire said...

That's just awesome!