So I know that we haven't even gotten through Halloween yet, let alone Thanksgiving. But Dude I really want to get all my Christmas stuff out and decorate the house. It's probably because I just got through looking at the new Crate and Barrel Holiday Book. Oh they have some of the prettiest stuff in there and I got all kinds of ideas running through my head.
So I ask how early is too early?
Am I the only one that wants to do this?
I am not saying that I am ready for Christmas as far as gifts are concerned. I think I have gotten a couple of stocking stuffer things for the boys and that's it so far. Why is it that the older they get the more expensive stuff gets on their wish list?
Oh and I am glad to say that Calob's eye is all better now and the Shingles. Impetigo junk that Jacob had is finally gone. Richard is still standing firm in his decision to not do any treatments. We'll see if that changes come the 3rd of November when he sees the Doctor and has the scan. His rash is still there although it is looking a little better. He is still having the discomfort from it. The Doctor said it could take a month or more for his skin to be back to normal. So we just wait for it to get better.
6 months ago











54 comments:
I vote this way...if it makes you happy, put it up now! How's that for an answer?
I'm glad the boys are doing better and I hope Richard's rash goes away.
it's never too early for Christmas! I eat like it's Christmas everyday. haha!
I'm so behind, I didn't know he had stopped treatment. Prayers for you all on that.
An old friend of mine starts decorating in October! She doesn't care what anyone thinks!
I think that Secret Santa shindig is really getting you in the spirit! I want to do an ornament swap - but I want to take a picture of one of my ornaments. So...it's like it's burning a hole in my pocket :-)
I have started shopping, too. I have to in the nooks and crannies of my life. Because I am NEVER alone...
Do it :) What's the harm? My hubby would decorate for Christmas all year round if I let him :)
Hmmm well you could do like the rednecks and Never take down your Christmas decorations, that way you won't have this problem next year :).
Hope Richard feels better.
love Christmas! I thought it would be easier to buy the kids gifts as they got older..It's easier, but about 10 times more expensive!
when it comes to decorating - don't worry, be happy!
Girl! You do whatever you want!!!
How is Richard feeling aside from the rash?
Do it.
If it brings joy to you, put it up!
Want me to send the girls over? They started asking me thismorning where we're going to put the Christmas tree.
I say, do it if you want to do it! But as for me, no way! I decorate in December and take it down immediately after Christmas. I could leave fall decorations up all year, but the Christmas stuff? Notsomuch.
I say do it and then I will have an excuse to do it too!! We usually do it the weekend after Halloween. If it makes you happy and puts a smile on your face everday despite what your family is going through, do it. Who cares what others think, just call them Scrooge and move on!
I was fighting the urge all day yesterday to get in the car and go shopping for Christmas. If my hubby wouldn't pitch a tantrum, I would start decorating on Nov. 1st, but he refuses to see any decor until the day after Turkey Day. Sigh.
Just letting you know that I'm in prayer for the hubby. And I try to hold out until Thanksgiving for the Christmas decorations. The key word there is "try".
I say do it! The stores are putting out their merchandise earlier this year, so why shouldn't you?!
In a way I can't wait and in another I'm dreading it...
I already have 2 of my little trees up. (Libbey's and the one we have in our bedroom.)
Don't tell anyone. Oh, and half my stuff will go out the week of Thanksgiving. If not earlier. Shhhhhhh...
Well, I wait until right after Thanksgiving to start all the Christmas stuff--in fact, I start listening to the Christmas music while I'm preparing the Thanksgiving dinner.
I'm glad your guys are doiing better!!
"If not now, when?"
Go for it honey, decorate your butt off! Pics please.
I lovelovelove Christmas.
Im itching to do the same thing!! I LOVE christmas! It is so much fun! There is just a happy air around the decorations and the songs of it all! So go for it if you want! And christmas get soo expensive as far as presents go! We are going minimal this year!
that is too funny! that is exactly how I was last year. I just wanted to fast forward and get to christmas. Partly cuz i had a new theme for my tree - which i do every year anyway - but i was really excited about that one. This year - i am just NOT in the mood... sad, really. i just wanna skip to January. Thanks for stopping by from BATW!
Hey Kori....to each his own on the Christmas stuff!!! If it makes you happy...then do it! I'm too busy with Halloween and Z's birthday to think about it now....and then I need a breather...so if I put anything out this year, it will be after Thanksgiving...but I'm lazy like that.
I'm so glad the boys are doing better. I really hope you and Richard get good news on 11-3!!!! I'm praying for ya!!!
You put it up when and where it suits you and yours, go on now honey, just do it.
Nothing wrong with starting early. I've been listening to Christmas music since June :) I just can't seem to get in the decorating mood. I still don't even have fall pumpkins and mums out. Maybe I should look through the C&B catalog and it'll inspire me, too.
no fillin today?
hope allswell... :)
stop by ASAP (Always Say A Prayer)
Hi Kori ~ I'm ready to put up Christmas decoration too! It's never too early!!!
Hugz,
Michele
I can't even imagine taking anything out for Christmas yet. It seems like the year has flown by. Of course, there have been some pretty serious issues on my mind most of the year.
I still haven't gotten the package in the mail to you, but it will happen.
I am praying for Richard daily and will keep praying for strength for you.
I just got the C&B catalog, too! Love it all...
I'd start decorating before Thankgsgiving if Shane would let me. But he doesn't even want to see the tree up until mid-December. And he's the type that wants to take the tree down on Dec. 26th. Party pooper.
So glad to hear your men are doing better :)
I love Christmas too and I feel like starting to decorate already as well. I guess it´s in the air, no matter what continent your in... :)
I hope Richards test goes well on the 3rd of Nov.!
Oh, that Crate & Barrel book is evil! I'm going to stay away.
(It's Virtual GNO night. Come over if you can!)
yep, we do it the very day after thanksgiving, but I leave it up late, I wait the whole darn year for Christmas decorating, so I milk it!!! If you want to do it now, I say go for it, just take pics so we can see it all ;) Leah
I love the Christmas decor, but I am still in denial that summer is over so I cannot even think about Christmas yet!
Hey, I am posting about your Secret Santa but the link for your button isn't working....
Never mind...the HTML code I had in the original was slightly different than the one below...I'm good now.
Oh and I am glad the boys are doing much better...I hope that you are able to enjoy the holidays without any trips to the doctors other than what is absolutely necessary!
xoxoxoxoxo
I am with you! I am dying to get my Christmas stuff out and start decorating, wrapping, baking...... my gifts are already bought for my kids......
I pack my Christmas stuff in the same storage area as the Halloween stuff so Halloween comes down Nov. 1st and Christmas comes out.. early or not, I love it!
Glad to hear your boys are doing better and I am so glad I found your blog through BATW!
Hugs,
Carrie
www.gigglesgrinsandgrades.blogspot.com
You're not the only one that wants to do it...I've been secretly wanting to dig out the decor for at least a week now, but my husband would KILL me! I tried to convince him to put the lights up this weekend.
I do what I call "subtle" decorating. I get one thing out at a time. A door mat here, a snowflake there, and before you know it, BAM!! We're decorated, and no one really noticed it comming!
Hi Kori! I'm ready to decorate, too! It doesn't help that the stores get a jump ahead of everyone. Besides, I'm seriously considering having a cookie exchange for Alise and some of her friends in December, so, yes, I am ready to decorate!
As far as gifts, thanks to our local Junior League's new cookbook, I've knocked about four people off my list! Woo-hoo!
I was just thinking about this because we are having Thanksgiving here and I want to get it all out right now!!!
It is never too early for christmas I say!!!!
We have started putting up our Christmas decor the week before Thanksgiving! Why? We travel so much to visit family for Thanksgiving & Christmas (neither are being held at our house this year). This is a way to keep the stress level down for us, and to enjoy our Christmas decor while we're actually at home! :) I'm all about keeping a low stress level!
Said a prayer for your kids & husband just now, too! :)
Blessings,
Stacey
My younger son has Impetigo that's clearing up. Gross nastiness.
I think it's too early for Christmas stuff...that's not to say I wouldn't mind it being time, because I love Christmas decorations. But, I like to take one holiday at a time. lol
But, you know what, do what you want, especially if it makes you happy!
Christmas is a matter of the heart...love and giving and the magic of decorating. I say..put it up..
I came to visit from Texas via BATW. Come visit our kitchen..:)
I have been thinking about putting up our Christmas stuff too. I think my husband would question me though. During the day when I am alone I have been listening to Christmas music. I love Christmas time here in Minnesota. I think you should do what ever makes you happy. I know some people leave their trees up all year and decorate them to the different holidays through out the year. Once Christmas Day is over I like taking all our decorations down. I think these days anything goes. Enjoy decorating!
I just read your sidebar, info about you. You guys are going through the ringer there, aren't you?
I'm wondering if cancer is common in CFer's? There is another blog I read, and she is a CFer who now has leukemia. Isn't one battle enough? Sheesh.
I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!
Oh, and I say decorate away!!!
i totally feel the same way!! my Christmas is UP the day after thanksgiving and DOWN New Years day.
I was actually thinking about November 1st. It's a Saturday, the weather is cooling off and I'm excited to get my tree up. I bought a pre-lit one last year after Christmas and I'm so excited that I don't have to string lights this year!!!!! I say the sooner the better. There's nothing like this time of year.
I love you sister. I loved reading about your trip to Atlanta. Wish I could've been there! It's about 6 hours to Atlanta from here.
Oh well. I'm still looking forward to a call. Call me anytime.
I'm loving the Daniel study. It's incredible. That thing with the cornerstone!!! Do you remember that? How powerful!
Okay, most of this comment has nothing to do with your post, sorry. I miss blogging, just because I feel out of the loop on everyone.
Still praying.....I love you, Kori. Give yourself and your hubby and boys a big hug from us here!
Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you often and I'm keepin you in my prayers.
It's never too early for a bit of Christmas spirit.
Go for it! I've been itching to decorate my house too!
just said a prayer for y'all
You remind me of my husband...he always wants to start decorating for Christmas the weekend of Thanksgiving.
NOV. 1st....yeppers my neighbor his working on his lights right as I type this...I see him...as of NOV 1st he gets it going. I actually have three four foot trees sitting in my living room floor I am working on and this evening I am pulling out my 6ft to start working on and then MY last tree I will start on soon. OOOO GO look at my trees on my blog from last Christmas....if you are in the mood for some christmas...but I vote NOW NOW NOW plus here with some of our MILITARY ON R and R it is nice for them to see the decorations up before they go back to IRAQ
Go check my blog. You have a surprise!! :)
I just wanted to stop by and say hi; been thinking about you a lot today.
In this neck of the woods they start Christmas music on the radio November 1st. So, as the pumpkins are rotting on the front porch you can be dreaming of a "White Christmas". I do not think that it is too early. I love Christmas and keep my tree up late into January. Do what makes you and yours happy....
My family has December birthdays... so the decorations were hardly up at all... I make up for it now as an adult, I am full on decorated from november 1st through January 2nd. Two solid months of holiday fun!
Post a Comment