Sunday, October 12, 2008

It just keeps on

Ya know that saying when it rains it pours. Well at my house we have had tornado's with hail and monsoons. Ok not really but that's how I feel.

In the past Month I have now been to Children's Emergency Room 3 times. Yes 3 times. I have gone so much I should get like frequent flyer miles or a two for one discount, something.

Last night after Mr. poke my eye with a stick got a shower. Him and Oozy arm big brother were watching a movie. Calob comes in the living room complaining about blurred vision. I know go figure right. So we go into the bathroom to take a look at it and it was nasty gross. All glazed over with some kind of greenish colored mucus. I mean it looked like a Halloween costume eye or something. So we make a trip to the hospital. Let me just ask... Why do things happen after every after hours clinic is closed?

Anyhow we head on down there at 9pm on a Saturday night. Screaming sick kids everywhere. (The amount of germs contained in such a small confined space had me very freaked out as to what I might bring home to hubby.) I knew it was going to be a very long night. We wait and wait some more. Finally got to a room around midnight. Doctor says "why did you wait so long to bring him." Oh that just rubbed me the wrong way. So I proceeded to tell him that we rinsed his eye thoroughly with water and he wasn't complaining about it hurting. It was just a little bloodshot on the one side so we figured it was fine.

So the doctor proceeds to rinse it with a huge bag of saline solution then he puts these drops in his eye that make it light up this bright neon yellow. It was pretty cool. Then he looks at it under a black light and you can see all these little specks over where it is bloodshot. Calob scratched his eye up pretty good. The mucus is where it is trying to cleanse itself. So he gives me this tube of cream that I have to put in Calob's eye 4 times a day for 5 days. If it continues to drain and tear with the mucus, come Tuesday we have to take him to his regular doctor. So needless to say after a stop by Taco Bell for some late night tacos with my little man we got home and in the bed around 2:30am.

Great and wonderful. His eye still looks really nasty today and it keeps on running down his cheek.

Let's recap shall we...

So now I have a husband with a rash that is extremely uncomfortable due to the treatment he is doing for his cancer as to try and buy us some more time together.

An 11 year old son with Impetigo that continues to ooze and look nasty and that we are having to bandage and wrap to try and get it to heal after having the shingles from a fall he endured at School because some kid thought it would be funny to trip him with his arm that was in a cast while he ran around playing touch football.

And my youngest fella now has a mucus covered oozy eye caused from him poking a stick in it while trying to climb a mountain looking for caves with his older brother and cousins.

So it continues to storm here. Would you like to come visit?

We promise you'll have a great time and none of it is contagious.

(Hint to the hubby... my friends would really appreciate pictures of all this. So I really need a knew camera since my other one broke. And I'm real sorry that you almost got electrocuted while trying to fix it but I really, really need another one soon. I'm having withdrawals and my cell phone pics just don't do any of it justice. Just thought I would mention it since our Anniversary is right around the corner. I love you baby. Muah!)

28 comments:

Debbie said...

You're kidding right? This is all just a really funny post you made up because that just can't happen to one family.

Oh it's true.

Sigh.

I am so sorry Kori...I hope that you have a better week,month, year ahead. Because you deserve it. Pick me to be your secret santa person. I won't tell anyone...I just want to spoil you.

WheresMyAngels said...

I was going to ask where the pictures were. They eye sounds cool! lol

Big hugs, and of course prayers. I hope things slow down for you.

Tiffany said...

GIIIIIIRLLLLLLL,

I feel like "Calogon, take me away" is in order.

Go get some ice cream, Twilight and a bath.

Tiffany said...

GIIIIIIRLLLLLLL,

I feel like "Calogon, take me away" is in order.

Go get some ice cream, Twilight and a bath.

Tracy said...

Ohhhh girl hope things get all better soon, that is so strange isn't how as you said "when it rains it really does pour".
Hoping for sunny skies your way and the rain to go away ....
Love,
Tracy

Kristin said...

Kori, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...I am leaning towards the crying side of things. Praying for you today as you endure more trials of this world!

Melissa said...

Oh mercy me, Kori. I know what you mean about sicknesses and injuries happening after hours. Why is that? I mean.....really? Okay, I just had to get that off of my chest.

I'm praying for you and your family. Just remember, God is still sovereign even in the midst of our trials. Our help comes from the Lord. Love you Kori.

Jennifer said...

OMG Kori--I'm so sorry this is all happening. The eye thing sounds pretty scary--it's a good thing you brought him in--sounds like it was infected. I will be crossing my fingers that things turn around for you soon!!

I hope you have some of that Lush stuff left--you need a nice bath!!

Hugs!!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

When it rains it pours, doesn't it. I hope a drought hits you guys really soon. And I am not sure that I need photographic evidence of what is happening at your house. Actually, I changed my mind. I am quite sure that I don't. :-)

Lula! said...

Yes, I would love to come visit...contagious or not!

Praying for all of you--especially YOU!

Richard said...

Hey baby I just wanted to say I LOVE YOU!!!

Susie said...

Yes, Richard needs to get you a new camera and no more emergency rooms! Too much crappy stuff, and not enough good stuff happening to you and yours.

Poor Calob... I got shivers just reading about his eye.

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ maybe you should come and stay with me for awhile..kind of a mini vacation! Girlfriend, I am so sorry you're having to go through all this...you definitely need a new camera...ya that's it...a new camera!

Hugz,
Michele

Tracy said...

Ohhh Kori that sounds like so much fun! Maybe someday we can do that, I'd love to go to the antique malls or flea markets in your area, won't we have a blast!

Tracy :-)

jori-o said...

Oh, it's so NOT fun when it all comes heaping down! You sound pretty upbeat, though, for so many yucky things happening...keep smilin'!

BBB said...

Oh honey... if I had the money I would so be sending you to a spa and just pampering the heck out of you.....

Kelly said...

Oh man! I'm glad to hear that the eye isn't anything serious...even though it took you eleventybillion hours to find that out!!

I really hope that everyone starts feeling better soon...you've all had enough!!

I listened to the CD...it's wonderful!!!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Holy Cow! I wish I could help you some how!!!!

You don't even have girls for me to send free bows to.

You guys are in my prayers.

trash said...

You have my complete sympathy on the eye front. I have been keeping my dog on a regimen of antibiotic drops, plasma drops and acid ointment four times a day for the last three weeks.

I am soooooooo pleased to say that his second cornea surgery was successful because out next step was skin grafts and contact lenses. For a dog!!!!!!!

Yesterday I collected my dog from the vet after his third (and finally successful)cornea surgery.

Crazy Momma said...

When it rains it pours, huh?!

ER doctors can be so irritating. We have had a few of those experiences where I just want to scream at them, "COME LIVE MY LIFE, THEN YOU CAN JUDGE ME". Seriously!!

Good luck to you guys! Sending healing energy and thoughts your way!

Happy SITS day! Enjoy it - sounds like you may need it!

Mary Anna said...

Oh gracious! I'll add your whole fam to my prayers and thoughts!

Happy SITS blogathon - thanks for visiting mine!!!

Anonymous said...

Kori,
Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog. I feel so juvenile in my rantings and complaints after reading a little of yours. Amazing. You truly are. I hope the sun starts shining soon.

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY GOSH...and you still have a sense of humor??? AMAZING! I remember what it was like. I remember one year going to the emergency room 12 times! The ER doctors knew my son by his first name...that is never a good sign! I sure hope things start looking up for you! Dang you are one strong woman!

MommaSuds said...

Ok the eye thing is really freakin me out with all the vivid details.I hope everyone is doing better over your way.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.Looking forward to being part of the SITStahood!

Paige said...

Well at least you probably won't have a lot of unwanted company.

This actually sounds like a day in my house, and I would not wish that on anyone!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

When it rains, it pours. This has a whole new meaning in your home right now.

I am sorry you are going through the storms of life right now, you sure do need the Son to shine. May God grace your home with healing and happiness as the week progresses.

Nice to meet you, my SITSta
Sonya

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Ok, I take back everything I complained about in my weekend. I have nothing to complain about. But it does remind me of my daughter when she was young and we were in the emergency room every other night.

jennifersusan said...

heehee..sounds like you have a lot of fun with your kids. My kids avoid doing things as a collective and instead do it one at a time in consecutives. But then with Rose she does things in consecutive order, such as shoving things up her nose and having to go to the ER three times in one week to get something taken out each time. Do they not learn the first time?