Monday, October 6, 2008

2 down 1 to go

Well Richard did his second treatment today of the new round. Only one more to go before we find out if it has worked at slowing the progression down. November 3rd is the date mark it on your calendar cause I want all my prayer warriors out there lifting it up. Oh how I pray, oh how I beg. Anyhow he's not feeling the best this evening. his magnesium was low once again so he had to get that along with the regular infusion. So I guess that's why he is a little more sluggish than usual.

Had to take Jacob back to the Doctor yesterday. Thank goodness for 7 day a week clinics. The shingles rash is trying to heal but the itching is making Jacob go crazy. He hasn't been sleeping well because he says it feels like ants are biting him up and down his arm. Well since he can't keep from scratching he now has Impetigo. Yeah I kid you not. We are now going on 3 weeks battling this mess. So another co-pay, another prescription and we keep trying. I'm having to put this ointment on it and wrap it up with gauze pad and tape. He's also taking some kind of oral med to help with the itching. So far it doesn't appear to be working all that well. guess we'll keep at it and if it still doesn't look any better by Friday I'll just have to take him to his regular pediatrician to see what she has to say. Jacob has been so miserable from the itching he asked the Doctor yesterday if he could just amputate his arm. Yeah we all laughed out loud. Crazy kiddo I tell ya.

As for me it's been Christmas around here today. I got all kinds of stuff in the mail. Steph sent me some good mail. Caribou Coffee granola bars. Yummy! Which made me very happy. If you would like to sign up for good mail get in touch with Jody and she will get you set up.

And Krystyn made me some cards with my blog address on them so that when people ask how we are doing and if I don't feel like going into it I can just hand them my card and tell them they can get the latest updates by going to my blog. I mean how cool is that?

(Still don't have a camera sorry for no pics of my goodies.)

I know that I haven't been around to comment lately. I hope you understand that things have been really crazy around here the past few days. I'll be around soon just bare with me. What am I talking about... I know you guys understand. Duh. Love ya'll!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will definetly keep Richard in my prayers!! And poor kid! I know that has got to be soo miserable!! I laughed about the amputee thing too...but i really feel sorry for him! Well not that I am too close..but if you need anything...you know the drill!! You're in my thoughts Kori!!

BBB said...

You all are always in my prayers... I can't believe all you've gone through with this shingles stuff.

Would it be okay if I had my mom add Richard to her ladies prayer group?

Susie said...

Poor Jacob... I hope the new meds work for him.

I have November 3rd on my calendar and I will be praying with all my might!

Melissa Lee said...

Your friends are precous to think of you like that. Making cards is a perfect way to keep people informed!!

Just know that I check in often, and think about you even more.

Melissa at Stretch Marks

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope Richard starts to feel better. And, the boys, too!! You guys continue to be in my prayers.

Did you get the cards or are you just speculating? How did they turn out...I've never ordered from them before!

Wendy said...

I'm new to your blog but have added your husband and son to my prayer list. So glad you have the support of good friends!

Tam said...

Prayers MY DEAR! Take CARE!

Anonymous said...

Love you, Kori!!!!

You all keep hanging in there! We'll all keep the prayers coming...

Tiffany said...

Well, you have another package on the way.....

Hope you love everything I love!

Ann Harrison said...

I will circle the date on my calendar and send even MORE prayers then.

I'm so happy to hear that you are getting some treats!
I hope that you are able to find some peace and quiet for yourself.

Unknown said...

Keeping you & Richard in my prayers. Hang in there girl! Glad you found me again... I have been here a few times as well.
Thanks for sharing the bloggy love today on my big SITS day!