Saturday, October 4, 2008

Real Quick

Just wanted to check in with ya'll. Didn't want anyone worrying. I have been working tirelessly on getting Joni's gift done so I can mail it out with my other swap gift on Monday. And I am on the final part so I should be finished by this evening. YAY!

Richard is watching the Alabama game and he isn't feeling very good today. Just kind of blah and yucky. He has another treatment on Monday and I think he is really dreading it. The rash is still not any better. He continues to be a real trooper and is trying to just get through this next 2 treatments. We're praying that the change this time will be more significant when he goes for the scan in November.

Ok well I'm off to fix our plates of KFC chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac and cheese and biscuits. Yeah no cooking for me today, I took the day off. And since Alabama is playing Kentucky... it just fits KFC. Plus we're currently winning 14 to nothing. Whooo Hooo.

ROLL TIDE!

9 comments:

Becky W said...

Roll Tide!! Hope the game wasn't more trauma for you and yours. I wish it would have been better for you. Oh well, a win is a win!!

Shelley said...

You are so my kind of gal! A couple of weeks ago, I posted my easy as 1-2-3 fried chicken. I'm not sure if you read it, but it goes something like this
1. Get in your car
drive to the nearest KFC or other favorite fried chicken restaurant
2. Order a bucket of fried chicken
3. Feed your family, after putting it on your own platter and sprinkling a little flour around the kitchen to make them think you did it...


LOL

Stephanie said...

We love KFC! We call it KFC--Keep From Cooking! It's a wonderful thing on nights like yours!! Have a good rest of the weekend!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hooray for not cooking. That is totally me these days!

I hope Richard gets to feeling better ASAP!

Susie said...

I wish he was feeling better. I will definitely be thinking of him Monday when he undergoes his next treatment.

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Hooray for KFC! Love that place!

My prayers are with Richard as he goes for another treatment Monday.
M

Melissa said...

Still praying, Kori. I lift up Richard at least once a day.

I loved your last post about the devotion your pastor sent out. Isn't it so awesome that even death has been swallowed up in victory because of Jesus! So cancer can't win no matter what happens. Glory to God.

Love you sister. Miss you, too.

Unknown said...

Stop by my blog. Have something for you.

ROLL TIDE!

WheresMyAngels said...

Thanks for making me hungry! I'm waiting on my sister to call me for lunch. She hasn't called yet and it is after 12:30. What is wrong with her!! lol

Continued prayers for Richard and your family.