Friday, October 10, 2008

Got a Question Need Answers

So I been thinking and now I need ya'll to tell me what you think.

I have had such a great time participating in the Favorite Things Swap that I thought maybe we could do like a Secret Santa Shindig. I think it will be loads of fun and there is enough time between now and Christmas to be able to purchase gifts and not feel rushed. Of course there will be some guidelines concerning price and dates to ship out and stuff like that.

But before I go any further there are some questions I need answered.

1. Would you participate?
2. How much do you think is a reasonable amount to spend on your partner? (not including shipping cost)

Now depending on the response I receive, will determine whether or not I want to proceed with this. So let me know what you think.

28 comments:

Jennifer said...

I would be interested! I just participated in a Favorite Things swap too and it was fun! It's hard to say what the monetary limit should be--$30? I'm just throwing that out there!

Let me know if you go ahead w/ it.

Kori said...

I would love to be part of it, but have to opt out-no $$. However, I think it is a great idea, and I really encourage you to do it. $30 seems reasonable as well to me.

Unknown said...

Great idea... (I will pass because of the CRAZY EXPENSIVE postage to & from Norway...) But very cool idea

Tiffany said...

I am in!

I think $30 is a good amount.

Ann Harrison said...

Hey Kori!
You're the first one to the party, yeah!!!
I've never participated in a Favorite Things Swap but it sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

How do swaps work? Never done it or heard of it. I've heard of secret santas, but not swaps. Do you swap with just 1 other person?

P.S. I'm visiting from Ann's virtual GNO

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Ann Again! Happy virtual GNO!

VBnBama said...

Hi, just ran across your blog, I'm a fan of Live, Laugh, Love also! I'm also in Bama

Susie said...

I will! Just let me know...

I hope Richard and Calob are doing well today.

FlipFlop Mom said...

I haven't peeked at blogs all week.. so I'm sorry I'm behind in reading...

SS.. that sounds pretty groovy... Not 100% sure but almost... in joining.. could you do homemade gifts too.. you know me.. a homemade kind of gal..

Keeping November 3rd on my calendar.. Hugs and prayers to you all!!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

hello! I'm Jay, invited by Ann...
You have a beautiful family!
jay

Jenni said...

Happy GNO, Kori!

I don't know anything about Favorite Things, but it sounds like a fun idea!

WheresMyAngels said...

I would be up for it!

Lula! said...

Me, Me, Me!!! I wanna play!

The Stiletto Mom said...

Hi there....swung by from Ann's GNO. That sounds like so much fun! I'd say $25 - $30 is a good range...maybe a theme would make it easier? Favorite kitchen gadgets, holiday decorations, just a thought. Very cute idea! Back to dancing around like it's 1999. :)

Caroline said...

Hi Kori! Thanks for stopping by. I am also here from Ann's GNO. The secret santa exchange sounds fun. I would do it, but I am such a last minute shopper...and I forget things...a lot!

steenky bee said...

Um, it's just my first time over here, but I have to tell you that your site is amazing. It's so nice. I love your hair in the front page picture. So adorable!!!

Rochelle said...

What a great idea! I'm just a voyer from GNO but wish I was one of your friends so I could play Secret Santa too! You have a beautiful family.

HeatherPride said...

Hi, happy GNO! Great site, it's nice to meet you!

Kelly said...

Great idea...BTW, I just posted my favorite thing swap today (10/11/08).
Just a suggestion as things are tight for a lot of families...what a about an ornament swap? These can be home-made or store bought whatever is easiest.

Kelly said...

Sorry about my fox paw!!! I fixed it right away!!!

Tracy said...

Hey Kori,
Sounds like fun, I'd love to participate ... $30 sounds like a good limit, but whatever everyone else agrees with will be fine.
Hope you guys have a great weekend. Steve is on nights this weekend but this evening before he goes to work we're gonna take Molly to Santa Fe for some steak, I'll tell ya, the child could live on steaks. I'm not a huge meat eater myself but to get her to eat well I'll go along with anything, haha ...
Hugs,
Tracy

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am in. I had so much fun with the Favorite Things Swap - and I am doing another swap at the end of November. I think $25-30 is a very reasonable amount.

Decor To Adore said...

It sounds fun!

I am on post #99 so stay tuned. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kori, that sounds like so much fun. I would love to do it..but I'm in the same hole as some other people...very low on funds.

Laura said...

Kori - i would love to participate. I've never been involved in a bloggy swap before but sounds great! Please be sure to post the rules if you do decide to "host" one. My money range would be $25 - $30. Ya gotta remember the cost of postage would be added to this, too!

Debbie said...

I'm in and I think you should decide on whatever amount YOU want to spend! It doesn't matter to me...I love the idea.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to participate!