Don't run off cause you're gonna mess out. SITS is an amazing Blog community where you can go and meet someone knew everyday of the week. Really. I'm not joking. It's amazing I tell ya.
See Tiffany was one of my very first bloggy buddies and I adored her from the very start. She and Heather are the masterminds behind SITS. They are a couple of comment junkies that do one heck of a job putting up with all of us. They are the greatest.
Through the SITS community I have met some amazing women that continue to amaze me with their continued support and prayers for my family. I know that this is a place I can come and vent about my frustrations with all that is going on in our lives and that they will continue to be here. To listen and cry with me, to laugh at my jokes, to pray when I have to say the Cancer continues to spread, just to listen. I am beyond thankful for this... my blog.
Now I have some pretty amazing friends and a few of them I have met through SITS. Here they are for your viewing and reading pleasure.
Melissa at Another Day in Paradise doesn't blog anymore for reasons I completely understand. But boy oh boy she was wonderful at it. We still keep in touch through e-mails. She is a wonderful person and I love her dearly.
Debbie at This is the Life is just amazing. I can count her for a laugh, a scripture and a prayer. She is nothing short of a blessing to me. She also is the brain behind Blog Around the World which I love in all it's amazing-ness to continue to bring us (bloggers) together from all over the world.
Next there is Lula at Lulaville. I have to admit I stalked Lula for a very long time before I ever got the nerve to leave her a comment. I just never knew what to say but now I think I could talk to her with no end in sight. Ya'll know she's like a Superstar in the Blogosphere. No really she is. Her love for Twilight is the whole reason I hope I win the crackliture basket just so I can make my Lula happy as a clam. Love ya darlin!
Then there is Melissa Lee over at Stretch Marks. Oh what can I say. She is wonderfully wonderful. She is a God loving, good hair having, wonderful mommy and wife. And I am glad to be able to call her my friend.
Last but certainly not least is Kat at Sunshine and Lemonade. I knew about Kat for a while. I read but never commented until she had the swap. Then I couldn't resist the temptation any longer. We haven't been friends very long but none the less I'm just glad we are now.
So there you have it. All of my buddies I have come across through SITS. So run on over and see for yourself.
Before you go let me tell you a little bit about my Shindig. I have decided after doing a couple of swaps that I wanted to hold a Secret Santa Shindig. I think it will be a good time for us all. So here are a couple of guidelines.
Leave me a comment here letting me know you want to participate . As well as send me an email at cferswife@gmail.com with your address and to verify your participation. You have until October 31st to do so. On November 1st I will send you an email letting you know who your Secret Santa partner is. The dollar amount chosen is $30 dollars. This DOES NOT include your shipping cost. You may spend more if you like but be advised that your partner may not. All gifts will need to be shipped out on December 12th no later than the 13th due to some of us that work and can't get to the Post Office during the week.
Your gifts can be store bought or handmade. I know alot of you are very crafty. All I ask is if you make something just be sure that it is sufficient to the $30 dollars.
Due to the cost of shipping internationally I would like for this to be US residents only. But if any of you are willing to ship Internationally please let me know and I can plan accordingly. From my experience I sent a 30 dollar gift to Canada and paid 25 dollars shipping. So if you are willing be prepared for that extra cost.
I think this could be loads of fun for everyone and I have allotted plenty of time to be able to get gifts here and there and mail them out in the time requested. Please do not participate with the mindset of getting without giving.
And lastly I have created this button for you to post. The more the merrier. And for a little added incentive the person that refers the most people to the Shindig will receive a special gift from yours truly. Just have them to let me know that you sent them when they sign up.
MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME IN THE BUTTON MAKING PROCESS. IT TOOK A WHILE BUT I GOT IT DONE YA'LL. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT.













110 comments:
Yeahhhh I'm so excited about your shindig, sign me up please!
I know it's gonna be great fun....
Love,
Tracy
Kori, you are so great!! This is going to be so fun! And it's my first so I am super excited!!
I want to involved but totally understand the shippping costs involved sending it to us Canadians. So if there is someone who is willing to send it internationally, then I will participate I guess thats the way to put it.
What??? You have been reading and lurking on my blog? I am so glad that I posted something to bring you out - who knew a swap would just be the ticket. Many thanks for the shout out - and for delurking :-)
And I love the button you made! Very cool. I might have to have you give me an html tutoring session on how you did it! But sign me up...and I'll email you.
popped over from SITS!!
love the santa swap idea!!
i am alwasys looking for opportunities for Good Mail...so count me in!!
I am in, Kori. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!
And thanks for the shoutout--but YOU are the bloggy superstar, not me.
Hi Kori! Just wanted to say happy blogathon day- found you thru SITS and love your blog!
Sounds like fun alas I am knee deep in college papers~ugh!
Pop on over to my blog and see the prize for my 100th post giveaway.
Love all the suggestions! Can't wait to read them all! Have a great day and I love the Santa Shindig idea.
You've got mail;)
Awesome job on the button! You have a fun blog, I'll have to come back for more.
Happy SITs blogathon day!
Happy blogathon Kori!
I'm sure we're all going to have a blast!
I like the swap idea Kori!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I will definitely be back - very cute blog!
I would love to be involved but unfortunately money is really tight :( Just returning the comment favor, we all know we love comments!
Hey Girl! Here's to a good day and hopefully some prizes for us!! lol Only if you get George, can I have him. I think Richard would prefer it that way! lol
I see you got your button. I got to make my 80's day button yet. Now I do have to admit, I have no idea how you post the link underneath for other to get. That part I don't know how to do!
Great Sits post!
How awesome about the Secret Santa! I'd love to participate. I make jewelry of the metalsmith variety and ornaments so if any international people are interested in that I'd be happy to ship to Canada or anywhere.
As soon as my Halloween party is over, I will post the button.
Happy Blog-a-thon!
You have a beautiful family.
A secret Santa is such a nice idea. Thanks for popping into my bloggy world as well.
I'll be doing some reading later for certain!
Hi Kori! You are just all over the place today, aren't you? It'sa bloggy bash!
Thanks for the SITS post; I have so many new ones to check out now and I most definitely have bookmarked you SITtsa!
Happy Blogathon Day!!
Whoa, you got some seriously good button help. That is adorable!
It is so cool that you have been able to have this outlet and support on your journey. Yea for SITS, and yea for YOU! Blessings to your family.
WOW! You are the second person that I linked on my SITS post that linked me. All a coincidence!!! Thank you...YOU are A HUGE blessing to me. I am grabbing the button for THIS IS THE LIFE and for BATW. And of course, I want to participate.
And I so agree with you about Melissa B. I miss her, but she does pop in with comments here and there so it is nice to know she is alive and well!
I love your secret santa exchange idea!
Over to spread the comment love from SITSta's...
I've got to say I am impressed- I've been blogging for months and still haven't figured out the button thing and you get it in a day? Mad skilz as the girls would say.
I'm going to be back to read more after the blogathon.
Love what I see so far.
Good Morning Kori! Thanks so much for the lovely comment this morning!
Have a great blogathoning day! LOL
Happy SITS day! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'd love to participate!
great idea. I will think about it and let you know.
This is such a fun blogaphon day!
Hi Kori,
I cannot wait to read your blog! SITS rocks, huh? Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I am the "other" Tif aka referred to as The Pink Tif by Rhea.
I'll be baccccckkkkkkkkkkk! Bye!
you made that button yourself? cool! thanks for stopping by my site! Good luck with winning a SITS prize today.
happy blogathon! nice button - I'm going to have to beg off on a Secret Santa thing for now, but I'm loving the idea... hmmm... you've got my brain juices flowing again (a mighty task on my blog until you die morning)
Thanks for stopping by! Happy SITS Blogathon day!
Oh I am in! Great idea! Love your blog, I'll be back!
woohoo! happy blog-a-thon!
I'm so excited that you stopped by today. Your blog is beautiful and you have such a lovely family. I can't wait to go read more!
Happy Blogathon! I've been going through some of your other posts and reading and I'll be coming back plus I'm going to add you to my list of SITS sisters that I follow.
I like every one of the blogs you listed! I think this is the first time that I found someone who has a list of blogs that I regularly read. Except Melissa, of course, who we all miss in the bloggy world.
Love your idea for the santa! Thanks for stopping by today! Much Love
Anissa
Hey thanks for sharing the SITS love!
Happy Blogathon! Thanks for coming by to say hi. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Happy Blogathon day to you!
I'm up for the Santa Shindig...going to add the button right now!
Happy Bloggy day to you toooo :)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. You have the most adorable layout! Love it. Prayers for your hubby, Richard and for you and your family as well.
Thanks for stopping by my site. Your Shindig sounds fun -- I will think about it. Have a great day!
Just spreading the bloggy love that is SITS! Hope you are having a great day!
Love your Santa idea. Too cute. Happy Blogathon Day!
Hi Kori! Thanks for stopping by & paying me a visit. Wow, we are practically neighbors (I used to be an Adamsville girl)!
I would love to add you to my blog roll. I am interested in checking out your blog. A church members' granddaughter has cystic fibrosis and because of her I have learned more about it. And my grandfather (my Pepaw) who I loved dearly passed away years ago due to colon cancer. I miss my Pepaw everyday!!!
I will pray for your husband & family. I pray God gives you all strength! Take care & talk to you soon!
Hey Kori....WOW...you've got a party going on over here!!! Busy woman!!!! Very cute button - good job!!! :)
I am so glad we have "found" each other!!! You are great!! I think I want to do the shindig!! It would be so much fun!!! I will email you!
I love the idea of a shindig!!
I'll be sure and email you later when I have a little bit more time on my hands.
Your header is lovely, btw.
Happy Blogathon Day!
Your button looks great!
Hey there!!! Thanks for the blogby today. Happy SITS Day to you too. Count me in for this swap. Fun stuff!
I love your blog! Thanks for the SITS visit. I have had so much fun today!
Oh yah! I'm in for the shindig. i can't wait!
While I'm not able to participate, your Santa Shindig is a great idea. Happy Blogathon!
Thanks for stoppin gby my blog. Happy SITSathon!
Happy Blog-a-thon day!!
Angie
www.nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com
Come by and enter MY giveaway!
Yaaay for making your button yourself! That ROCKS!! SITS ROCKS, YOU ROCK! I love this ROCKIN' ROCKNESS!
Happy Blogathon Day!
~melody~
A blogging we shall go, A blogging we shall go, Hi Ho a Derry O, A blogging we shall go!
Happy blogathon day!!! What a great idea for swapping... I've never done that before. I want to see what it's all about. :)
HAPPY BLOGATHON! this is too much fun! :)
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. It looks like you have that peace beyond all understanding. I'm going to come back often. I look forward to reading more of your powerful story.
Thanks for visiting my blog.. I love your blog!
I would love to participate in your secret santa :)
Happy Bloggin!
I love the Secret Santa Swap idea! Very cool! Count me in.
Thanks for delurking on my site and leaving a comment. It's so nice to meet you!!
Great SITS post too. I just love SITS, they're so wonderful and supportive.
Happy SITS Day!
Happy SITS day! Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by today. When I read your profile I relized how much we have in commen. My husband of 15 years and dad to our 7 monkeys was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer almost one year ago. He fought the first round and beat off all the cancer, but within 3 short months is had returned, this time his liver is not functioning, he is jaundice, and we have to scaled back chemo. Life can dish you some stinky stuff sometimes huh? We are living life to it's fullest, life goes on. You cherish it all and reslize there is more after we are done here. Visit me at http://mysupermanskryptonite.blogspot.com anytime to see how the summers clan is dealing with dads cancer. I'll keep you in my blog follows.
Thanks for stopping by SITSta
Thank you for the blog comment support! I love SITS and how it has given me a chance to find new blogs to read. Can't wait to dig into yours a little more.
Hello! thanks for stopping by!
Thnaks for stopping by my blog! So glad I found yours through this fabulous blogathon! Happy Blogathon Day!
Hey, SITSta. I look forward to reading more! :)
Great SITS post! Today has been a LOT of fun!!! WOO HOO!
SITS ROCKS!
Thanks for stopping by today! What a nice blog!
Happy Blogathon, SITSta!
Thought you might like to know that my oldest daughter is currently fundraising for ACS Relay for Life. I've posted about it on my blog. I hope everything works out for your husband and your family. I'll say a little prayer for you all.
Happy Blogathon Day!!
Wow! You are one busy gal! I'll be back when it's not as crowded! :-)
happy SITS blog-a-thon!
Love your blog design! I've read good things about you on other SITStas sites today so I'm sure I'll be back soon to read more. :)
Happy Blogathon Day! I love SITS and all the sweet SITStas I meet. Hope your day has been fabulous!
Wow, you've got a great story! I look forward to reading more! Thanks for stopping by my blog and happy Blog-a-thon Day!
Secret Sister blogs and Secret Santas... you've got a lot going... and it all sounds like FUN! Good to meet you... thanks for stopping by!
I would love to be a part of your shindig. I love being crafty. Thanks for the SITS-tah blog comment love. I love it. You have a beautiful family, and we'll be there for you when you need us. That's what Sits-tah's are for.
Hugs from Georgia, Amy ;)
HAPPY SITS BLOG-A-THON DAY!!!
Hi! Your secret santa shindig sounds fun...still thinking about it.
Hope your son is doing better!
Happy SITS Blogathon Day and thanks for visiting my blog also.
Thanks for the welcome to SITS. Your secret Santa sounds like great fun, unfortunately I'm a UK girl and shipping can get so crazy.
Happy blogathon! Your shindig sounds like fun! Good luck with it!
Thanks for the SITS day comment.
Kori, I am SO sorry to hear about the most recent developments with Richard. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. I just found your blog today but will return to check in on you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong....
It was agreat day, wasn't it !!!
Your Secret Santa sounds like great idea !!
I'm late....but better than never.
Kori,
Thank you so much for stopping by and showing me the comment lovin. It's much appreciated.
I'm not familiar with your blog but in reading a little I will definitely put you and your family in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear what you all are going through. I wish I could participate in your Santa Shindig but I am unable to. I will definitely be a frequent visitor to your blog though, I love it.
Becky
Happy SITS Blogathon!!! Wow, look at all the comment love your racked in today!!
Wow there are lots of activities here..enjoyable. Thanks for the comment.
Happy blog-a-thon day! I can't wait to check out your bloggy friends!
Happy Blogathon Day!!!!
thanks so much for visiting me today during the SITS blogathon! I've really enjoyed your blog and am sending you and your family lots of good thoughts!
Happy SITS-ta Blogathon Day! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoyed reading your blog. BTW, great job on the Santa button!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!
Oooooh, a Secret Santa?? I wish I could participate... boo-hoo Alas, I just blew all my extra funds!
Too bad you didn't see my button tutorial!! You could have wasted my time instead!!
Happy blog-a-thon! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Sign me up for the secret santa shindig please! Can't wait!! Sounds like so much fun!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...I know it's just a boring mom blog, but it keeps me occupied! And I would totally be interested in your Santa swap! I have never done one so you're my first. I'll be e-mailing you!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello! I love meeting new friends and seeing new blogs!! Happy Blogathon!
Hey Hey Hey!
Happy blogging! :)
Oh I want in on this swap please! I am emailing you my info!
Thanks for stopping by on SITS day! Love your blog!
I will be praying for you and your husband!! Hope that you had a lovely SISTA day!! Please forgive the fact that I am only now just getting around :P
I want to sign up for the swap! Thanks!
sign me up please! what a great idea! i love swaps!
Sign me up please! This is my first swap! I'm excited!
Post a Comment