Thursday, October 16, 2008

6 things...

So my great and wonderful friend Shelley has tagged me. I am supposed to list 6 things that make me happy. So here goes...

#1 The hugs, kisses and I love you Mom from my ever so sweet boys.

#2 Snuggling with my honey after a long day and just feeling him all wrapped around me and close. If only I knew how to bottle it up.

#3 Believe it or not my job makes me happy. Crazy I know but I work with some wonderful folks.

#4 Ben and Jerry make me very happy with their Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Mmmmm Yummy. I need to make a run to the store soon, very soon.

#5 Dark Chocolate anything makes me a very happy woman.

#6 Oldies but goodies. Otis redding, Percy Sledge, Melanie Safka, Janis Joplin. Oh the list goes on and on. I should have been born long before 1980.

I'm supposed to pick 6 people to do this. I've never been one to play by the rules. Soooooo...

TAG YOU'RE IT!

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute :) I think one of the things I miss most with Sidnei is the cuddling and being all wrapped up. And I LOVE toffe, not so much the coffee part, but toffee is so good! Its good to remember happy things :) thanks!

Kelsey said...

I love this!
and mmmm Ben and Jerry's - delicious! I'm pretty fond of their "phish food" flavor.

Shelley said...

So, what's up with Secret Santa? Is this the one JillJillBo Bill is in? Cause I so want to be a part of this. Are you in charge? Can you sign me up? Huh, huh????

On a more serious note, I really don't know what to say to your post about Richard deciding to stop treatment. I ache for you and your boys at this time. It is so clear how much you all love each other and I pray for you. Crazy as I am, if you need to yak, you know where to find me.

Tam said...

OOO loved this post! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Janis Joplin! Chocolate makes my world go around too!

Mamarazzi said...

Ben and Jerry are my secret boyfriends...but i am ok that they whore around with others...i understand that they can't be mine all mine!

chubby hubby is my fave B&J flavor!

cute tag...i will probably play this weekend.

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I haven't had much time to look around, but from what I have read you are a truly remarkable women. I can't wait to read more.

Lula! said...

You make me happy.

Jesus makes me happy.

Jason Statham makes me happy.

My baby turning 3 in 10 days makes me happy.

Twilight coming out in almost 1 month makes me happy.

Pumpkin Crisp for breakfast makes me happy.

New lipgloss and nail polish makes me happy.

A good book makes me happy.

iTunes makes me happy.

Blogging makes me happy.

Flannel sheets make me happy.

A clean house makes me happy.

My husband keeps me happy.

My eldest daughter thinking I'm beautiful makes me happy.

Wait...I kept going...I got all happy and stuff.

Lauren W said...

Ok, I feel morally obligated to pass on a little tid-bit because you mentioned my secret lovers, Ben and Jerry.
On Tuesday Nov 4, they're giving away a free scoop of ice cream to anybody that come in after five who has voted.
Anyway... Have a happy day!

Jennifer said...

Dark chocolate and Janis Joplin--2 of my faves!!

S Club Mama said...

So I never have thought of giving Moose Oreos...that'd be fun. He'd love them! Maybe too much.

LarryG said...

this is basically a response to your post on my fill in.

Just keep up your prayers, His Spirit will hover over your lives and bless you with a special bond and the love of God will be constantly affirming your steps as you walk with Him through all things.
I am keeping y'all on the day by day prayer list.
Love in Christ to Richard Kori and the boys.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

love ur list! i love ice cream too...

Nicole said...

With some of your points I just have to agree! LOL.

What A Card said...

How nice to list happy things. Of course, now I'm yearned for my boyfriends, Messrs. Ben and Jerry :)

BBB said...

Ben & Jerry..... Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.... nummy....

Hey - I fixed my blog....

and I wish I could help you bottle that up too... a whole lot.

magpie said...

ahhh.. the otis! love it!

CC said...

I'm totally with you on #1-#5. Not so much so with #6 ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kori.....great list!!!!

I'm going to do this list this weekend. :)

Wow...Lula is VERY happy..huh?

Cristin said...

Catching up from SITS blogathon! I'm with you on the Dark Chocolate...and I like my crazy job too!

Anonymous said...

I got tagged today too..
I will have a similar post tomorrow..
I like tags. I think they are fun..

Avery Tales said...

What great little happies!! I'm all about dark chocolate and anything by Ben & Jerry's!!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Fun! Love Ben and Jerry!

:)

Holly

Michelle said...

Great list! I had to divorce Ben and Jerry's. Our relationship was just too dysfunctional. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...dark chocolate....

Rhea said...

What a lovely list of happy things! I think that's wonderful your work makes you happy. I wish everyone was happy with their jobs.

Becky said...

MMMMM Ben and Jerry's, dark chocolate, my therapy. Seriously after my chemo Wed., lady having a stroke, it was chocolate and a coke that was my drug of choice.

nikkicrumpet said...

The hugs and kisses are the best! Mine are so far away I don't get them as often as I need them. They grow up so fast. Thanks for coming by my blog today. What fun it has been meeting so many new bloggers. SITS rocks!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

OK Coffee Heath Bar Crunch AND dark chocolate -- makes for SUPER DUPER happiness!

~melody~

krissy said...

Pssttt. I love you too my friend. I haven't been commenting lately but trust me when I say that I do come around.

As I face grief for the first time in a long time, I have learned to always make the most of the day. Always tell loved ones how very much you love them. It carries you through when they are flying away to heaven.

My prayers are there for you and your family sweetie. Always, always and always will you have my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

All terrific happy things. Happy is a very happy thing :)

WheresMyAngels said...

Chocolate, oh how I wish I could go a day without craving it.

I wish my husband liked to cuddle. He did in the beginning but then outgrew it! It was funny cause back then I didn't like to cuddle, but now I want too. go figure.

Laura Marchant said...

I am new to your site today.
I will pray for you and your family.
I will be back :-)

Louise | Italy said...

Yesterday, my 2-year-old daughter said "I love you" for the very first time. Got me all teary!! Love your list. Louise

Louise | Italy said...

Yesterday, my 2-year-old daughter said "I love you" for the very first time. Got me all teary!! Love your list. Louise

Shannon said...

Oh, I love oldies, too! There used to be a local station here that played oldies... it was great! Sadly, they changed their programming a few years ago :(

But luckily I now have satellite radio... there's a channel for songs of the 50s, one for the 60s, etc! woo hoo!