Grab the lysol folks I have the stomach flu. I started feeling yucky last night, just not quite and right. Then I woke up this morning running fever, throwing up and just hurting all over. I called in to work and called the Doctor. I went to see him at 9:30 and low and behold I have the stomach flu. He put me off till Thursday. Guess it's a good thing I had some sick time saved up.
He put me on codeine syrup with phenergen to help with the achyness and the nausea. Thank goodness for feel good in a bottle. I'm no longer throwing up but I am still queasy and am still feeling like crap. I slept for like 6 hours this afternoon. Which I needed I just hope I can sleep tonight.
I wanted to thank you all for your kind words and advice concerning Calob. He is now off of being grounded after 5 days. Reason being his teacher allowed him to complete all the assignments that he hadn't turned in. Which brought Calob's grades up to A's and B's.If this ever happens again the teacher will not allow him to make up assignments and that he will have to accept the grade that is given. I don't think he would have allowed Calob to do this if it weren't for this being a very unusual behavior something that he has never done before. Calob and his teacher made a deal that as long as he would continue to do his classwork on a daily basis, that he could continue to stay in the RLC program. Calob is glad and has promised to not do this ever again. He realizes the consequences and understands that this is unacceptable. Richard and I both praised him for doing the right thing and completing the assignments and also to let him know that we understand that everything that is going on is very hard on him and Jacob but that we are here to listen to him. But that he has to let us know that he is having a hard time.
Also wanted to update ya'll on Richard. He is still feeling puny for the most part. But all in all he's hanging in there. About an hour ago he was complaining about his underarm being tender and he discovered another lump this one is about the size of a quarter. We know the cancer is spreading and the Doctor has told us this is to be expected as it is in the lymph nodes it can show up anywhere in the body. Like the fact that we know it is now in the node next to his collar bone also. It's just a little more of reality when you can actually feel it beneath the skin and to be able to touch it, is just beyond me. It's scary... really scary.
6 months ago











13 comments:
That stomach flu is definitely doing the rounds. Some of the kids at school have had it and J (my husband) was down with it on Friday. I've been washing my hands like mad.
Richard is in my prayers.
Pooh Bear.... I'm so sorry you're sick. That's no fair at all.
I'm praying for you guys and thinking of you all the time...
Oh, Kori. I'm so sorry you are sick. I'm glad the doctor gave you something for the symptoms. Hopefully, you'll start to feel better tomorrow.
You guys will continue to be in my prayers. I pray for Richard's strength and feeling better, especially.
Consider yourself hugged!! I wish I could wave my magic wand and make all of your heart aches disappear. All of you are in my prayers!!
Wow.
I haven't stopped by in awhile but I've caught up on all your posts.
I'm sorry you are not feeling well!
Glad to hear Calob completed his missing assignments. I had the problem with my daughter last year. I was so stressed! Hopefully this is a ONE time issue for you.
And I got all teary eyed reading about your love for Richard. You will be in my prayers. All of you.
Oh, so sorry about the stomach flu.....that just sucks! Like you needed something else to drain you, right? Take care of yourself....hope you feel better soon.
Glad Calob got caught up on his work.
You're all still in my prayers, Kori!!!
Ick. The flu. Just not what you needed, eh?
I wish that I could say something to take the fear away. I just know that I want hug you until you feel better. You and your family. I want to hug you all.
Love ya sweetie.
I'm sorry you're feeling ill.. poor girl...
I'm sorry about Richard...Sometimes reality totally SUCKS! ( I don't let me kids say this... but there is no other word to use right now!!)
You get better and rested this week!!
Hope your feeling better soon. I'll have to go back and read what your son did, as I am clueless (haven't been on the net in a week). Continued prayers.
I hate having the stomach bug! Hope you feel better soon.
oh, fer shiz. I hope you start feeling better, and also that you will just stay strong. God is there, in the little, tiny details, and I hope you all feel that.
K has come home from school the last two days with the stomach bug.
I hope Richard starts feeling better soon. I can't imagine what you are going through. Each cancer trip is so different but I feel your fear. I wish I could do something to make you guys feel better. Just know you are in my daily prayers and throughout the day when I think of you guys (which is often) I say another little prayer for you.
Hugs to you. Let me know if you need anything!
Oh Girl. I am so sorry you are sick. I took lots of Phenergen during my pregnancy...(suppositories.. yuck.)
And, it's just breaking my heart that Richard keeps finding visual reminders of what's happening.
You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Post a Comment