It's the weekend. Yay!
I know I have been slacking in the blog world. It's just sometimes I don't know what to say. And sometimes I am in such a foul pitiful mood I figure you guys don't want to hear it. I can't tell you how many times I have started and stopped before posting.
Anyhow not today. It's Friday and I am so glad. There is nothing like family time on the weekends. Board games and old movies with the family in our pajamas all weekend is just fine with me.
Oh and I've been meaning to tell ya'll that I got to meet a Bloggy Buddy. It was Tracy and her husband Steve. They are awesome and amazing. Molly has been in the hospital the last couple of days due to a flare up with her CF but they are supposed to be going home sometime this evening. And she will continue on home antibiotics for a few more days. Pray for Tracy and her family as this is no easy task. Anyhow they came over to UAB and we chit chatted for a bit. It was nice. I really enjoyed it and hope we get to do it again soon.
Also Richard blogged today. Thought ya'll might want to check it out. Hopefully once his laptop gets here he'll do it more often. there is only 9 days left until the scan and he is really struggling with what road he wants to take as far as continuing on with treatment or not. So go give him some encouragement and let him know how many of ya'll are praying for us. I think he could use it.
6 months ago











27 comments:
having been through the cancer scenario - sometimes it does take all there is to hang in there.
And no matter what anyone says every person is unique, there are no statistics when it comes to your life. Only the Lord of Life knows what's in store for each of us.
That said, I found lots of encouragement through an online support group. There is one out there specifically for you and your husband's situation. If it's the right thing for you He will guide you to it.
Prayers for y'all...
Glad to hear from you!
I hope you have a great weekend.
Number A - I'm glad you posted. I think about you so much and just love you to death and like to hear from you.
Letter 2 - Please.. this is your blog... if you want to come here and babble nonesense or come here and rant and rave and say all the things bottled up inside or if you just wanna come and say "this sucks" please do... we're here for you Pooh-bear.
To sum up... I love you and I'm praying for you all, and especially for Richard making the decisions he's forced to make. And you for being his support.
Have a peaceful and relaxing weekend. Enjoy it! And you know we are always here to listen to you rant and rave. Love and lots of prayers,
Susie
I didn't realize your husband had a blog. I just left him a comment.
Please come on here and poor out your heart. If you don't feel like putting it online, feel free to email me. I haven't been thru this and can't give you advice but I can listen.
Praying for your family.
Praying for you and your family. I loved reading your blog. You are very talented and inspire me to write more on mine. I can tell you are a very strong women with a wonderful family and strong faith. Keep being 'you'.
deb
i can only imagine how you feel about what you post here but you need to make this space the place that you need it to be...we're not going anywhere! Hope your weekend continues to be a good one.
Good morning Kori,
Thanks for your kind words about me and Steve, we were so happy to get to meet you also. I'm happy to know from now on when we're at the hospital I have a buddy next door.
I'm gonna go check out Richard's blog now ... hope you guys all have a great weekend. Ohhhhhh I am so happy to be home I'm sure it'll be nice for us (other than Steve is on nights this weekend, ughhh).
Take care!
Hi, visiting from R Family Diaries! I second everything stated on your post below!
I also have a not for profit cancer project that might be beneficial to you and your family at this time. Please check out my blog and let me know if i can help.
Angie
www.nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com
Kori, your not too late to enter the contest. It closes at 1:00 pm EST
Angie
www.nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com
Praying for you!! You come and write anything you want here -- it's your blog!!!
A weekend of board games, movies and pajamas! That's my kind of weekend!
I feel the same 'yay' thing, about the weekend being here !!
I've just been catching up on your's and Richard's story. You both are such an inspration...
You are n my prayers and thoughts right now..
Very pretty blog, I am over from Tiffany's :)
Sarah
I just stumbled onto your blog from SITS.
I hope you have a great weekend..
Becky
I love weekends where I can just stay in my PJ's all weekend! In fact, lately I've hardly wanted to do anything else!
Tiffany's post invited me over to your blog. I'm so glad she did! My sister is in remission for leukemia and my husband has epilepsy. I know it's not the same pains you are having to face, but I do know all to well the ups and downs with health trails.
How wonderful that you will have some family time this weekend. Each moment with family is a treasure.
Thinking of you,
Amy
Hey Kori.....hope you and all 3 of your guys are having a great weekend together!!!
Still keeping you all in my prayers..
OH, and of course, I still think you are generous, smart,funny and pretty... ;)
That second paragraph - I could've written it, and mine are just dumb, petty whiney things that get me down sometimes!
Glad you got to meet a bloggy buddy!
Thank you so much for sharing your husband's story.
We have a loved one who has just been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer as well, its really nice to feel that we are not alone.
Prayers to all of you and I will come to read everyday.
God Bless you and your husband and your family.
EMily
My prayers are with you and your hubby as well as with Tracy and Steve.
Come over from Sits! Have a great weekend!
Hi Kori!
How is the weekend so far?
The weather in Portland is so very warm for us and I'm actually enjoying it! (Hold off on that rain as long as possible, thank you very much!)
I'm going to head over to Richard's blog now.
I hope tomorrow is great for you and your family.
Aloha Kori,
I was visiting BATW and came across your blog and wanted to say hello!! I enjoy meeting new sisters in the Lord. I will be back to read more, Prayers for your dear husband, I know what it like to have to go for scans every 3 to 6 months, but God has been faithful and I continue to trust in him each time.
Blessings Lorie
Praying for you.. and loving you guys!!!
Hope your having a GREAT weekend, Kori!!!!!
How cool that you got to meet a blogging buddy!!!
I will visit Richard's blog!!
Post a Comment