Monday, September 8, 2008

We have a Date...

No it's not the kind of date you're thinking of.

It's the date for Richard's next scan. It is September 22.

Richard has been over at the Oncology Lab all morning getting his infusion treatment as well as another type of medicine for his low magnesium. He has never had any trouble with his labs until today. Apparently this is not a big deal so no worries.

I haven't been over there today. Things have been a little hectic around here with Minnie Mouse being on vacation. (if you are reading this I hope you know how much I miss you. Please come back NOW!) But Richard assures me everything is fine.

I have to tell you when I left the house this morning I wasn't sure if he was coming for treatment or not. He has been a little indecisive here lately. I can't say that I blame him.

I am really nervous about the upcoming scan. (yes Susie I know what I am always saying to you) I don't know what Richard will do if it shows that it has worked in shrinking the tumors some. Will he continue on with this treatment and the pain that it brings? What if it hasn't worked?
Then what?

I'm just really worried about what his decision will be. It is not mine to make. I have expressed my concerns to him and he knows how I feel. And we have both agreed that these are not the memories we want to make for the boys. We want to be able to get out and do the things we would normally be doing this time of year. Camping, day trips to wherever the road takes us. Those are the memories we want to make.

All I or you can do is pray. Pray for guidance, Pray for peace in whatever the decision may be.

1 Listen to my words, LORD, consider my lament.
2 Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
Psalm 5:1-3

30 comments:

Susie said...

Hugs to you... I know this is a tough time. It doesn't seem to get any easier... ever. God, love and family will get you through whatever is thrown your way. My heart is heavy with the thoughts I am feeling this week with Ric's cancer. Work is a release right now. I wish I could give you a real hug and tell you I am here for you.

Lady Dorothy said...

Still praying.

Kristin said...

Praying, Kori.

Louisa Claire said...

praying Kori. Thanks for keeping us updated...

BBB said...

Ugh.... why does it all have to be hard?

I love you Korikins.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You know you guys are in my prayers constantly.

I pray that Richard can feel at ease with the decision that God helps him to make.

LarryG said...

prayers for Richard and Kori and family!

Aubrey said...

You will all be in my prayers.

Big bloggy hugs to you!

WheresMyAngels said...

What horrible decisions. Praying that you will all find some peace in what ever decision he makes.

Jennifer said...

Wishing you lots of luckw/ the scan and w/his labs! HUGS!!

Tiffany said...

You really are such an incredible wife. Allowing Richard to make these decisions. Allowing him to have control over something.

You are so inspiring. And funny. And a pleasure to read.

Anonymous said...

I will CONTINUE to keep praying for Richard, and you, hun!!

Gina said...

I thought for sure I had commented on here- and now I'm not seeing it!!!
I have no idea what happened.
Anyway!!!!
Kori, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are so strong- even when you don't think you are. You are strong because God makes strong the weak.
---HUGS---
Keep us updated!!

Anonymous said...

You, Richard and the boys are always in my prayers.....

Kelli said...

Oh, I pray for you guys. Hugs too!

Crazy Momma said...

You and your family are in my prayers.

Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to stop by my blog and share some love!

krissy said...

You have my love sweetie.

Read my blog. Find out what I am doing to help. And of course, you were on my mind.

Praying...as always. Hugs to you and yours....

S Club Mama said...

I was watching a rerun of 7th Heaven today and one lady was telling Pastor Camden that she could do nothing but pray. He told her that it's not nothing.
That's what I'm telling you. Praying is not nothing (as I'm sure you well know), but prayers are better when doubled (tripled, etc). I will be praying for you and your family, whatever God's Will.
Just keep in prayer with Him and all will turn out as it will.

And what a beautiful blog you have. Makes me want to spruce mine up. And what a wonderful contest you posted; I'm glad Tiffany won. It suits her well to pay such forward.

Kat said...

Praying for you and your family.
Over from Krissy's blog.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I'm here from Tiffany's blog. It's so kind of you to think of others when your family is going through such a rough time. I hope things start to go better for your husband.

Tam said...

sending you prayers!!!!

cricketphx said...

I just found your blog through Mrs. R. I am glad I did - I am looking forward to following your family's journey.

Claremont First Ward said...

I just came over to tell you that you are pretty, smart, generous and funny. But this post requires more.......I don't fully grasp how terribly hard this situation must be but I want you to know that this random person if thinking of you and praying for your family too. Hugs.

cricketphx said...

I am here to tell you that you are pretty, smart, generous, and funny! If Tiffany says you are, then you surely must be! :) I have just started one of my own!

tiarastantrums said...

I'm telling you that you are pretty, smart, generous and funny.
(smiles)

Angie said...

I'm terrible when it comes to things like this. I can't bear to read more than 2 or 3 sentences of what you guys are going through. I'm just one of those people that can't do it. I can go to funerals, I can't write condolence notes, I can't give words of comfort. All I can do is hug and cry and pray.
God Bless you and your family.
~angie~

FlipFlop Mom said...

Praying deeply.. each and every day for you both... You're in my thoughts and prayers.. and I think of you all daily!!! Love ya girly!!

Unknown said...

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

thotlady said...

I am praying for you and your family.

FROGGITY! said...

First time here... wanted to let you know I am praying for y'all! God bless!