Jacob seems to be getting a little better. He has managed to work on some of his schoolwork for this week. He has only been taking the pain medicine at night which I am glad of. So maybe we are getting on the upswing of things.
Richard hasn't been feeling the best the past couple of days. I forgot to mention with all the craziness that has been going on that they added a Chemo drug to the antibody treatment that he has been doing. So he started that Monday and it has him feeling a little sluggish. Hopefully he will start to feel a little better. The rash is still really bothering him. But the doctor gave him some lotion that has been mixed with some kind of steroid. Richard hasn't been able to tell a difference yet though.
I am doing okay I suppose. I have my good moments and my bad moments. Of course that is to be expected. Had my performance appraisal at work today it went very well. YAY! Cause I was nervous I tell ya. I try very hard not to let everything that is going on in my personal life affect my ability to do a good job. Some days this is really hard. I consider alot of my co-workers to be some of my closest most amazing friends. I am glad that I can come to work and tell them that I am having a crappy day and that they listen and try to help because they care. Sometimes I may not always agree with the advice they have to give but I love them and am glad they are apart of my life none the less. Thanks guys. Love ya.
One more thing. I got my swap gift today from Joni but since my camera is broken I can't take a picture of all the amazing things she sent me. So I'll list them for you a decoupage box that has my name on it (oh yeah it rocks it's the cutest little thing ever), Some bath and body works antibacterial hand soap that Joni said will make me want to eat my own hand, vanilla raspberry coffee that makes me salivate, Cute little ribbons and beads, vintage postcards that I love, pampered chef clips that will not let my crackers go stale, fruit leather that I have already had to try and it is amazing and all these things came in the cutest little box with a lovely card. Thanks Joni you rock! Although I haven't been the greatest return swap partner. I have a few things bought specifically for Joni but I am making her a gift that is taking more time than I expected. But she will be surprised none the less when i mail it off in the next week or so. She is soooo gonna love it.
6 months ago











10 comments:
Oh goodness girl.. so much going on for you!!! Always keeping you in prayer.. and so sorry about poor "real Jake".... I hate when our babies are in pain.. at any age.. I thought moms were suppose to get magic wands in our "kits".. but I didn't get one.. hee hee...
Praying for Richard as well... Praying that at least he gets some comfort for that rash!! Poor guy!!
Enjoy your SWAP you deserve it!!!
Hugs to you girl.. Love ya!!
OH and YAY on the review... AWESOME for you!!!
Sounds like your swap gift is awesome, enjoy it.
I hope that Jacob and Richard start feeling better.
And YAY for you on your good appraisal.
Have a good weekend. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Hi Kori--I'm so sorry to hear about Jacob and Richard--I hope they both start to feel better soon. I'll be thinking of you all!
Enjoy your swap present--it sounds really fun!
I'm glad your review went well.
I hope Richard adjusts to the new chemo meds and his energy picks up. Also, I hope the lotion helps.
I'm glad Jacob is feeling better soon.
And, your swap gift sounds pretty cool!
Good heavens! Haven't been to your blog for a while, and I just got caught up on everything. You've got a rainy cloud hanging over your home that just won't go away. Hope your hubby and son get feeling better soon. I've heard that shingles cause some serious pain, poor little guy. And I know your husband has had his fair share of pain too. Glad you got to get a swap gift, sounds like you could really use one. Hang in there.
On Kori's to do list:
1. Make a pot of coffee.
2. Wash your hands (yum!)
3. Sit in a cozy chair and crank up your Frank Sinatra.
4. Breathe deeply.
5. Smile.
Glad you like your gifts!
Hugs to you today.
-J
I agree with the above to do list; sometimes we work so hard at caring for the people we love that we forget to care for ourselves; pamper yourself today if possible!
Kori--
Let me say that you have probably got to be one of the most amazing women that I know. My prayers are with your family continually! I have been put in my place and have found new perspective tonight having read your blog. I love that you have been married for 8 years and are still head over heels for your man :) I hope to only be so lucky!!
I just got caught up on the last few posts. I just wish there was more that I could do for you. I am praying for you and your sweet family....be encouraged...you have a slew of people praying for you.
Prayed for y'all...just...now.
Sure did.
Post a Comment