Yep, ya'll my hubby is spoiled and I don't mean a little bit.
The weekend has been splendid. We have watched tons of movies and just have had a good time.
Hubby was a little bummed about the Alabama game being on pay per view last night. I know he really wanted to see it. Sooooo... being the incredibly wonderful wife that I am I agreed to pay the $29.95 just so he could watch it. So there he sat all curled up on our couch with his pillows and cover cheering on his team. It was definitely like the MasterCard commercial... Priceless. Oh and yes Alabama put a spanking on Western Kentucky 41 to 7. ROLL TIDE!!! It was some kinda good game I tell ya. Was it worth the $29.95? Yeah it was to make the hubby happy. Gosh I love him.
Then today I cooked. No you don't understand I really cooked. Like dirtied all the pans kind of cooked. We had ribs, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and stewed squash. Yes I know that'stoo many starches. Oh well. I have one kid that will not touch mashed potatoes or squash so that's where the mac and cheese comes in. I also made Richard's favorite cake. Oh no it's nothing extravagant. It's a yellow cake made in a bundt pan so it gets kinda crunchy on the outside with no icing. Wow exciting I know.
Anyways my Hubby has been spoiled none the less this weekend. Is he worth it? ABSOLUTELY! He's wonderful.
6 months ago











26 comments:
He so deserves to be spoiled. And I was rather happy yesterday, too...my Bulldogs pulled it out. We play the Tide on the 27th...we'll just agree to disagree on that particular day!
Wish I'd eaten with y'all today. Did you forget to call & invite us? We had leftovers. Sigh...
It sounds like you all had a great weekend that was much needed. Good for your hubby that you spoiled him and good for you that you love him and enjoy being with him that you made so many special things that all of you could enjoy! What a wonderful celebration of family.
I think he deserved it - esp the BAMA game!! Roll Tide! What a great wife you are!! Hope you are well rested!!
Sounds like a great day. And you must share how you cook ribs. I find the whole idea so intimidating. But I happen to have a bunch in my freezer that I got at Sams. I just don't know what to do with them.
And, I wanted to thank you for visiting me in Georgia last week via BATW!
Isn't he lucky to have a wife like you to spoil him? That was so sweet of you! I bet the price of that game was totally worth it.
Just don't tell my hubby things like that happen to other husbands.
you're making my mouth water!! YUM! yes, he totally deserves to be spoilt. you guys should enjoy every precious minute!!
29 dollars for a game on PPV! Yes, he is very spoiled!! lol
I am a Hilltoppers grad!! I am so glad that you and your hubby had a super weekend. Too bad you had to cook during it though!! HaHa Anyway, I hope you have just as fabulous of a week!! Blessings, Jerri in KY
Sounds like the BEST weekend EVER. Your a great wife/mother. Nothing beats weekends together with fun and good food. Glad you had so much fun family time. Prayers/Hugs
Way to go, Kori! You are such a sweetheart!
Despite all the work you did cooking...I'm glad you had a great weekend with your family! :)
Mmm... what a wonderful weekend. I'm glad he's getting spoiled and I'm glad you're getting to do it...
I looks like I'm supposed to tell you how smart, funny, etc you are. Your blog is great. I love the header. My daughter said, "Oh my gosh. Who is that. I love the header".
I have a family member of a friend who's all 5 kids have CF. It is difficult. I hope all the best for your family. I have CF which is Chronic Fatigue, but I think that may be easier. You have probably done much research.
Tulsi Esplin
Definitely sounds like it was a wonderful day !! And he certainly deserves to be spoiled...
We had ribs too. The hubby smoked them. they ended up fall off the bone tender. Yummmm.
ROCK ON GIRL! YOU totally put me to shame in the wife department.
HMMM RIBS...LOVE EM!
Sounds like he's spoiled...but isn't it fun! What a wonderful dinner you had...sounds yummy!
Hugz,
Michele
What fun!!! Spoil the daylights out of him!!!!!!!!
:-D
The happier he is, the less stress he feels, the better his body will be.
He's totally worth it.
And I can totally picture him all comfy on the couch watching his game.
HOW SWEET!!!!
I hope you took a picture!
Glad y'all had a good weekend, sounds like you were pretty busy doing all that cooking, sounds yummy! Wish I could have watched the Bama game with y'all, I hated sooooo bad it wasn't on regular tv, I was so tempted to pay to watch it but Steve was working nights so I didn't. Can't wait to get to see them on tv, we have tickets to the Bama/MS State game which is in Nov., we can hardly wait!
Tracy
Will you come cook for us? That meal sounded like good ole down home southern cooking and he so deserved it. You are very special Kori...and I hope you get pampered a little too sometime this week!
One more reason why I can't stay married. I wouldn't pay $2.95 for a football game no matter how much I love my husband! You are a good wife, for sure! :)
Yes he may be spoiled but he is far from ungrateful.
Thanks for lifting me up today. I love that you come visit me even though I have been a bloggy flunk lately.
I'm still praying for you guys. I know the scans are coming up. And I am working hard on my Walk a thon. It would be wonderful if you sent me a picture of your family. I will have pictures posted everywhere of cancer patients and their families.
sounds awesome -
best prescription and fun for the whole crew (i woulda said team but the 'team' showed out on pay-per-view)
be taking pictures too, video -
you might want some pure audio files too
enjoy!
Now THAT sounds like a very good day!
And I love how you clarify that you cooked "dirtied all the pans kind of cooked." I totally get that referrence!
Thank you for visiting Idaho today. I'm glad you spoiled your hubby. Sounds like he's going through a lot and a little lovin' might do him so good. Your meal sounds almost identical to my hubby's favorite meal. Only it's red velvet cake instead of yellow.
I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend and that he enjoyed watching the game so much! Your meal sounds incredible!!
You are an amazing woman and a wonderful partner for you husband.
Thanks for this post!
David
I have been reading through your blog a bit. I am so sorry that your son has had to go to the emergency room. I hate them too but I'm thankful they are there. I will say a prayer for your husband's doctor's visits in the morning.
Glad that he got to watch his Tide last weekend. Guess he enjoyed yesterday too?
ROLL TIDE!!
Post a Comment