I have been to the E.R. twice in the last four days with Jacob.
He fell at School Tuesday when this little kid with a cast on his arm thought it would be funny that he use it to trip all the other kids while they ran around and played touch football. Well Tuesday night Jacob said it was sore so of course I didn't think nothing much of it. Just thought it would take some time to work the soreness out. But then on Thursday when I got home he was crying and saying he needed to go to the Doctor. Jacob doesn't like doctors so I knew something was wrong.
So off we go to the E.R. they do x-ray and they poke and prod at him. He has broken the top piece of his growth plate (not a big deal) and torn the tendon between the joints. Ok this definitely explains the pain. So they put his arm in a sling has to wear it for a couple of weeks but they still want him to try to use his arm as much as possible. Give him Motrin every six hours for pain. Okay great.
Jacob goes to School Friday spends the night with a buddy and I go pick him up yesterday for our dinner over at my friend's Linda's. Well about 6 last night he starts crying I mean seriously crying and writhing in pain. He went and washed his hands and said that he had shooting pains all up and down his rm from his pinky finger all the way up to his shoulder. So I gave him some Motrin an hour later I gave him some Tylenol because the Motrin was obviously not working. We came home and I put him to bed and laid with him until he finally calmed down and fell asleep which was about midnight.
This morning at 7:45 Jacob comes busting into my room screaming and crying about the pain. So I throw some clothes on and off we go back to the E.R. They come in and poke and prod him the whole time all the while Jacob is crying and carrying on about the pain. They go and review the x-ray from Thursday night. The doctor come in and says that Jacob has sprained some kind of muscle that lies on the top of your shoulder and your scapula. And the reason for the shooting pain is because it's sprained and the tendon that he pulled is swollen and causing some pinching of the nerves. After another co-pay and a prescription for Lortab we are home. Jacob is still in pain cause I can't give him the Lortab yet because they gave him Motrin at the E.R. and I have to wait till noon. Oh wait it is noon. Ok better go give my baby the meds.
Also be sure to say a prayer for us in the morning. We have to be at the Oncology Lab at 6 CT scan is scheduled for 7 and we see the Doctor at 9. Just pray for peace and strength in whatever the scan shows and that Richard will be at peace with whatever decision he makes as far as treatment goes. Thank you all.
6 months ago











11 comments:
I hope the day starts going better. We are thinking of you on the frozen tundra!!
Praying...for today and tomorrow...
Poor Jacob! Oh man, my growth plate in my foot broke when I was a 4th grader so I understand that much but then all that added stuff on top. Poor kiddo.
And will be praying for today & the doctor.
Poor Jacob. I hope his arm starts feeling better ASAP!
And, I will definitely be thinking of you guys and praying for you tonight and tomorrow.
Oh, bless his heart...
Oh, bless your heart...
Praying for all of you--RIGHT NOW!
There. Done. Keep us posted, please.
Kori -- We are praying for you both for your darling son's healing and for Richard's tests. I hate the emergency room too...and the doctor's office...and the chemo room...and the blood draw lab! Hang in there!
Hey I work in the largest one of those emergency rooms! But its ok i dont like it either! so i guess i'll give ya this one! Don't worry me and Jacob are going to be chillin at the hizzie tomorrow without you! We still love you though!!
Oh Kori, as if you guys didn't have enough going on. Poor Jacob! Praying for him & results...
Oh, poor Jacob! I hope he feels better soon.
I hope the doctor's appointments go well in the morning. I will be praying for you!
Wow, what a day!!! Your poor little guy!!!!!
Who's brat was that, knocking kids down?!?!?!!?
grrrrrr.
Holding you in my heart....
As if you didn't have enough going on...now this. God is certainly equipping you with HIS supernatural strength. What a witness you are to that strength. I am in awe. Truly in awe.
Post a Comment