Monday, March 30, 2009

Days 1, 2 & 3

Well our first day got off to a rough start. It was raining and yucky and Jacob woke up throwing up. But nothing was gonna stand in the way of our trip. So after I fussed to Mother nature, I gave the poor baby some nausea medicine and a small bathroom garbage can lined with an unbelievable amount of plastic grocery sacks. Ya know had to protect the rental car.

So we were off.


There was lots of reading on the boys parts and even more driving on ours.


We made it to Valdosta Georgia, ate at Waffle House and found a Hotel for a good nights sleep.

Got up the next morning grabbed breakfast at the local Burger King drive-thru, got Happy Birthday sung to me and we were on the road again. We arrived at Richard's Aunt M's mid-afternoon.

While killing some time and trying to get the numbness out of my hiney I walked around and got a little creative.
We visited and talked and as the sun set the rest of the family started arriving. Serving dishes full of yummy food arrived with them.

After everyone had their belly's full the lights went out and everyone began singing and there was a cake with candles and it was beautiful. I cried and loved on my hubby.

Oh it was more than wonderful to have this time with Richard's family. It was very special to all of us and as the night went on I found myself just taking it all in. I had to excuse myself several times when things were said to me that touched my heart beyond explanation. I just got confirmation that Richard is as wonderful as I have always known him to be.

Before the night was over we took lots of family pictures.


Shortly there after the crowd thinned out and we all went to bed.

The next morning we got up took more pictures.


Then off we went to meet some Family we have never had the pleasure of meeting before for Brunch.

Took even more creative pictures along the way.


Once we arrived at Aunt G's house it was like we have known them forever.



Brunch was just as wonderful as the company.


Once we finished up there it was off to check into the Hotel. Everything was all set for us. It was everything we hoped it would be and everyone was so nice. The scooter people arrived right on time to deliver Richard's scooter.


So as we were on our way to catch the shuttle we got to see something amazing. The Space Shuttle lifting off and into Space. It was beyond awesome.


So after that excitement we took advantage of the extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom and stayed their till 2 in the morning.



The Castle at night is a little spooky.


We checked in on Buzz Lightyear and the gang, Spun in some teacups and hung out with a pretty cool Indian.



Shortly after all this excitement some guy that was pulling a wagon and too busy talking on a cell phone, hit Jacob in the shin with the corner of the wagon. He didn't even stop and say sorry. So Jacob was crying and I stopped to check his leg out and make sure he wasn't bleeding when all of a sudden I felt this sharp shooting pain in the back of my leg.

Richard ran all up on my leg and the back of my heel with his Scooter. Causing it too bleed and my ankle and calf to swell up something terrible. We continued on in the Magic Kingdom but I wasn't in any mood to take pictures after that I was too busy limping along. Poor Richard felt so bad he must have apologized 100 times.

Soon it was 2 AM and time to head back to the Hotel for a wonderful night's sleep and to prepare for Day 4.

22 comments:

Krissi said...

Tell that Richard he has to be careful with his precious cargo! LOL Looks like you all had a wonderful time..

I am praying extra hard for you guys for your meeting tomorrow :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like overall, barring the two accidents, ya'll had a great time.

Lisa Q

Elena said...

LOL!! What is it about leaving on a Friday the 13th that causes these Disney trips to be so memorable? I LOVE the shuttle pictures. That is a dream of mine, to see the shuttle launch. So cool. Sorry you had a few mishaps, but sounds like a good time still the same.

Anonymous said...

Despite the "accidents", it sounds like a great trip so far!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! You guys were super busy! Looks like you had a great time!

Kristin said...

Good Times!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh I love these pics!! What a great family! Richard looks like he's feeling good too!
My father grew up in Cocoa, Fl. and my grandparents lived there until their deaths so we would go down during launches and watch, it was amazing!
Y'all have memories for a lifetime!

Michele said...

Oooooo, I've been waitin for these pics! You guys look so cute and like you had so much fun! You're right, you do have a super sweet hubby. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday!

Can't wait for the rest of the story!

Hugz,
Michele

Marrdy said...

Sounds like a great time...so far. And how cool is that that you got to see the space shuttle take off. I would love that!

Melissa said...

I was watching the space shuttle at the same time. How cool is that? I'm loving your recaps!!!! Keep em comin'.

Christy said...

so cool that you got to meet more of Richard's family! It looks like you had a great time, despite rude tourists and Richard's driving skillz. (just kidding!) I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Brandy said...

Oh no! I'm sure he felt awful about hitting you. In all though it looks like your birthday was GREAT and the trip was off to a rocky, but good start.

I can't wait to see the rest.

Finding Normal said...

Great pics! Can't wait to see more!

Caroline said...

Great pictures. I'm sorry for all the mishaps along the way, but at least they were minor and you could still enjoy your times there. Bring on more pictures!

Vonda said...

I am now thinking I am glad we had a push wheelchair for my mother at Disney. She probably would have done the same thing, or worse! Poor Richard, I bet he felt awful.

Betty said...

I remember when our girls were little, they would get sick, every time we started on a trip. I think it´s something in their system....
I´m glad you managed to get over that first "bump".
Loved the pic´s. Looks like fun, at the family gatherings.

Shannon said...

Take it all in, Kori. Take it all in.


Can't wait to hear more... and see more pics! That is, if stinkin' Blogger will cooperate! Grrr...

Angie's Spot said...

So, I'm just now making it over here because it occurred to me last night that you said you had posted and it's not showing up in my reader and well, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Loving the pics! So sorry that you & Jacob had vehicle-leg issues. Bummer! Awesome that it didn't hinder the fun too much. Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Anonymous said...

Awww....that sounds like a great time with the family. Except for the 2 little incidents everything sounds great! Especially the space shuttle.....how cool!!!

Finding Normal said...

Hey! Michelle at Surviving It All emailed me, asking about you. She tried to email you, but I told her you may have already deleted the account.
Hope all is well. Still praying for you!

FlipFlop Mom said...

I love the family photos!!!! You are so blessed.. I'm green with envy...
Your trip.. sighhh looks so amazing!!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Such beautiful memories. Thanks for your generosity of spirit in sharing them with us.