Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SITS Spring Fling Give-a-way

Today is the day for some FUN with my SITSta's!

It's the SITS Spring Fling.

If you're not familiar with SITS you should go... GO NOW!

I promise you will love it. Love them. Heather and Tiffany are amazing.

So I know that most of you are not here for my rambling on's.

But that's ok I can completely respect that.

You are here to see what I am giving away. I know how this works.

Well wait no longer. Here it is folks... Made by yours truly during some of the roughest days of my life.

It's not real heavy nor is it real big. It's about average size for a throw.

Here is a close-up of the colors.

This is what I do folks. In my spare time. When I am stressed about everything going on and need something to keep me busy this is it. While Richard is at Doctor visits and we are waiting to be seen, for scans, for whatever this is what I do. I love it. Nothing but love went into this. And I probably shed quite a few tears while making it. Not to worry though I promise I didn't wipe my nose on it. Besides it's been washed.

My hobby.

Now this little give-a-way will be open till Midnight (CST)to U.S. Residents ONLY.

A winner will be picked and announced tomorrow March 11th.

So leave a comment to enter and Random generator will pick the lucky person that will receive this and quite possibly a few extra items may end up in the box along with it.

So go comment cause well that's what SITSta's do.

73 comments:

angi_b72 said...

Very pretty Kori...i didn't know you did that. I never learned how. I like to cross stitch though, i haven't done it in forever though!! Very nice!

Rebecca Jo said...

That is beautiful!! That you are willing to give something you made... that's awesome!

RebeccaMom said...

Beautiful work, I love the photos of your family in your header too! Thanks for giving away something handmade :)

Lula! said...

Um...I thought we discussed this last night. That is my throw. Quick, take it off your site before someone thinks they're going to win it.

Seriously.
Love you.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I should be productive and do that too. I learned how to crochet when I was pregnant with Madalyn. I made part of a blanket. And then she was born. Eight years later...I don't recall how to crochet. And I am not sure where that partial blanket is anymore.

Love what you made!!

Kristen Andrews said...

so pretty, you are very talented

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Kori! I am so excited about STIS Spring Fling today, I expect that I will get very little work done today!

Shelley said...

Kori,
That's gorgeous. And what pretty colors. Thanks for the love ...

Brandy said...

I love that you actually made it! It's gorgeous. I wish I knew how to do something like that...

~Only 3 more days...woohoo!

Ronda's Rants said...

Kori...How beautiful!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Big huge, gi-normous bloggy hugs and prayers to you and your family!!! You are a special woman!!

Happy Spring Fling!

Come on over to my blog to register for my pearl earring giveaway too!!

lynette355 said...

That is so pretty. And I love the colors. To know you did this as a way to keep your hands and mind busy during troubling times. You are offering warmth and sanity. Bless You!

Jen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! It's beautiful and I would be HONORED to win this!! I've been following your blog for a couple of weeks now and I want you know you and your hubby are in my prayers!!

Blessings

Jen

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that is just beautiful. I hope it is a little release for you!

3 days...can you stand it?

Heather said...

how beautiful! i wish i knew how to crochet like that!

Anonymous said...

That is BEAUTIFUL Kori! I love throws, have a few around here that were made by my late grandmother, so I will always have her memory- just wish I could be this crafty!

Sarah said...

This is beautiful! I do not have the patience to do any needle work type stuff. I wish I did!!

Jingle said...

Wow! This is absolutely amazing! I am so wanting to learn to knit, but this makes it a bit intimidating! LOL! Gorgeous! Great job!

Devri said...

thanks, I am in!!! Hope you family is doing ok.

Carma Sez said...

this throw is nice and even and square; I know not what that is like. When I crochet things come out all wavy :D

Kelli said...

I totally understand needing to keep busy! its beautiful

April said...

GORGEOUS!!! Happy Spring Fling to ya!

Decor To Adore said...

This is beautiful Kori!

Come visit me!

jennifersusan said...

It's beautiful!!! What a great hobby, and it's always good to keep busy when you have lots on your mind. :)

nikkicrumpet said...

little giveaway??? This is a HUGE giveaway...especially knowing your heart went into making it! What a special prize.

Smoochiefrog said...

That's beautiful Kori! I'd love to win it!

Mimi said...

Ooh it's just beautiful. I would be honored to snuggle underneath it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can just imagine the hours and hours that went into that beautiful thow. I don't know how you can bear to part with it, but since you can....

I sure need it :D

Shannon said...

Best. Prize. Ever.


Seriously.


Love you, SITSta!

I Am Who I Am said...

That is just gorgeous! Count me in! ;-)

Nessa said...

First of all, your blog is absolutely beautiful! I just love the design & photos!

That throw is a mazing! I'd love to have it! I never learned how to crochet, but am apparently just not coordinated enough or something. I can make one really long chain, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the chance to win! Handmade prizes are so wonderful! Like a person is giving you a little piece of themselves.

Happy Spring Fling!

Tam said...

It is a great throw. It amazes me to see people crochet or knit or cross stitch...because I just can not do it. I can Read so I read books...LOL

OOO KKKKK how many days left before YOU LEAVE for DISNEY? BLOW the HORN on the WAY DOWN! Savannah YA KNOW!

Michelle said...

I don't know if I've ever told you how much I pray for you, but you are always in my thoughts. Your blanket is lovely. I'm a quilter myself and I love the soothing motion of it. It truly is therapuetic.

Angie's Spot said...

Hey there friend! Whoever wins this throw is going to be incredibly lucky. Not only because it's gorgeous, but because of it's history. I really hope I'm the one that gets to give it a home. :-) xoxo

Jennie said...

What a precious gift! I'm honored to be in the giveaway! Your family story is an inspiration.

Shelley said...

Gorgeous!!! I am blown away by your talent! Seriously!

P.S. Don't forget to enter for the tote bag I'll be giving away tomorrow!!!

whoopsadasie said...

Kori, that is so beautiful. I can feel the ♥ it radiates just from looking at it!

I would sooo love to win this!

The Blonde Duck said...

What a fabulous throw! Great giveaway!

Marrdy said...

Oh, I love that!!

Valerie said...

Hey Kori it's really pretty. Thanks for offering it as your giveaway!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Kori- I need to catch back up with you (and about a billion other bloggers, sorry) but wanted to say hope things are going okay for you guys- I keep you in my prayers even when I'm not on much.

Anonymous said...

This is my 1st time here! Praying for your husband, and family too! Beautiful spring blanket!! Would be great to cuddle in n read HIS word!!!
j-pennington@live.com
jamie

Tricia said...

I'm just learning to crochet, so I can only imagine how long that took to make. Very pretty.

ABCD Diaries said...

this is gorgeous! thanks for the chance to win:)
christinbanda@yahoo.com

Tamara B. said...

Such pretty colors used and would love to win, thank-you.
Happy Springtime everyone.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Sandy said...

That's beautiful and would look perfect in my girls' room!

Happy Spring Fling!

Krissy said...

What great colors!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

gorgeous...and what a nice thing to give! my hubs has major love for those!

Sweetly Single said...

Very beautiful! You have some great talent


Happy Early B-day btw

Anonymous said...

Kori...I can't believe you hid that talent from us for so long!! That's beautiful!! I'm counting down your Florida days for you!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Very nice! You did a great job, I hope I win!~

valerie2350 said...

what fun! I love crocheted blankets :)

Karin said...

Lovely throw!

Aubrey said...

It's so pretty Kori! I would love to own this. Even if you DID wipe your nose on it a few times. LOL Which you say you didn't. But if you did...

You are amazing!

Megan said...

Kori! That's awesome! I wish I was that talented! I would love to win this! =D

Britt said...

You do beautiful work, honey .. and I think it's even more beautiful, thinking about it soaking up your tears.

AndreaLeigh said...

that is beautiful!

Mom said...

Kori it's beautiful.

I'm sure who every the lucky winner is will feel the love you have placed in each stitch.

Mere said...

Such a gorgeous creation!!

Love, Mere

FlipFlop Mom said...

Beautiful... as always!!!

Oma aka Meme said...

very pretty and you did a lovely job- I must go up to the attic and find my wool- I forgot that I could do this/that- if my name comes up to win please pass on for me as I live in Canada and postage would undo you

hugs from Meme

MyLinda said...

That is an absolutely beautiful work of art!

auntrene said...

Oh that is so pretty. I used to love to crochet, but recently I just can't do it anymore, too hard on this old set of hands. I may have to try it again though, just because this brings back so many memories, and I love making gifts for people.
Thanks for having the Spring Fling Giveaway!
I have a giveaway also.
auntrene.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That;s beautiful. I'm jealous. I've always wanted to learn to crochet. Nice job on the throw.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely!! My mom did several while I was undergoing treatment for colon cancer. So I know the love, heartache, prayers, etc that were said while crocheting.

Your family is in my prayers.

Terri

Waiting For Ling-Ling said...

I was actually here for your "rambling ons" which for me are words of inspiration. Love the throw...

Amanda said...

That is beautiful!

You do great work!

Vonda said...

What beautiful work you do.

Jill said...

Yes I am a Sits girl.. woo hooo us sistas do need to keep together.
Your work is beautiful. I wish I had talent like that!

Count me in on your contest.. I signed your follower list!!!!! Woohooo.. come visit me to and follow.. it's a lot of fun over at my place..!

Ginny said...

What a beautiful blanket.

Rhea said...

I love that you made it. The colors are BEAUTIFUL!

Anne said...

thank you for the giveaway and I love hand crafted items!

Rosie said...

I think Im too late but I will try anyway because I have a little girl who would just LOVE this blankie!

Thanks for your post on my blog!