Friday, March 13, 2009

Almost there

Well today didn't start off all that wonderful.

I of course didn't get much sleep last night with all the excitement. So I was up pretty early and so was Calob. haha

Jacob woke up shortly after and ate breakfast right after he started throwing up. It was bad. He finally got to where he could keep some liquid down I gave him some nausea medicine and he was good to go. Phew that was close.

Richard woke up hurting. Pain patch wasn't even touching the pain.

We went and picked up the rental car this morning at 10.

2009 Ford Edge ROCKS! I now want Sirius satellite radio in my car please.

Anyhow we were on the road by noon. Rain soon there followed all the way to Atlanta.

Richard drove until we got through Atlanta and around the bypass. Then I took over so he could take some extra pain meds and rest.

We have arrived in Valdosta where we are spending the night. We have eaten dinner and had our showers. We are pooped. Time for bed.

Tomorrow Mt. Dora Florida and Birthday Dinner with loads of family. Promise to post pics then.

34 comments:

BBB said...

Ugh... rough start but hopefully that will be the only drama!!!!!

Sturgmom said...

Sorry you had a rough start, but once you get to the magic of Disney, I hope it all goes wonderfully.

jennifersusan said...

Glad to hear that your first day of travel is over. :) Keeping ya'll in my thoughts and prayers that the rest of your trip goes without any hiccups!!!

Michelle said...

Good Luck!!

Have a GREAT time.

Rhea said...

You did have some morning drama. Glad you were still able to get off though! Be safe on the road! HAVE FUN!

Christy said...

Maybe that's the requisite vacation drama OVER WITH!! I hope you have a fabulous time and I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

awww... My parents took a day trip Mt. Dora once and bought me my Christmas present. :) i hope your drive tomorrow is smooooooth.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Glad you made, happy dry trails tomorrow!!

Shannon said...

Glad to hear you've made it safely to GA... hope the rest of the journey is smooth sailing!

Rosie said...

Have a Magical time...wait, I think I already said that but its worth repeating...It's the Disneyland Cast Member in me!

Stay safe!

Beth said...

Yay!

Sorry about the rough start. I think it is a sign of fun times ahead, though! (thinking positively, here)

I hope everyone gets some much needed rest and has a wonderful time!

Be safe!
xoxo

Megan said...

Oh no! Sorry the day started out a little rough but prayers that the rest of the trip is a total and complete blast with no more ickies! I can't wait to hear ALL about it! =D

Britt said...

I came on here and started reading .. then I glanced over at your countdown clock .. it still had six seconds to go. It was pretty cool seeing it click to zero and announce itself complete =-)

Sorry you had such a rough start
=-( But so glad that your first day of travel is over!! How exciting! Stay safe on the roads, dearie!! =-)

Carebear said...

Hope the trip gets better from here! Sorry for the unpleasant start. Thinking of you hopefully!

Ronda's Rants said...

I hope everyone feels better today!
I am glad you are on your way!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hopefully all of the drama is out of the way.

You must have whispered as you drove past...I didn't hear you.

Glad the rental is working out!

Stephanie said...

Im so excited for you!!! I wish I could be a stowaway in the back of the escape! Hope Richard's pain gets better!! Love you all! Be safe!!

Teri said...

I hope your trip is off the charts in the fun department. Happy Birthday!

Mama Wheaton said...

Sorry to hear about the rough start but keep looking forward!

Winifred said...

and you have time to post! Amazing.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Happy Birthday!

And what is the deal with everyone getting sick right before they go to Disney?! It's just wrong. I hope Disney cures what ails ya. And I cannot wait to hear about your dream trip!

Gina said...

HOW EXCITING!! HOW EXCITING!!! I can't believe it's here already!!!!
HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!
And no one else is allowed to get sick!!!! if you're sick, you just have to drag through Disney miserable!! ;-)
I'm so happy for you guys that this trip is HERE and you're THERE and you're going to have such a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele said...

yuck...what a start...hopefully it will only get better

I'm really behind in reading blogs...can't believe you're already on your way! And I missed your giveaway...I'm so bummed.

Have a terrific time...take lots of pics!

Hugz,
Michele

Heather said...

Sounds like a Friday the 13th for sure.

Hope this was the worst of it. Many prayers for lots of happy Disney memories for the whole family.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! We will pray for you...

Kathy

Kelly said...

Wow! You spent the weekend practically in my backyard! I hope you had a great time with family and a fab time with Mickey!!

Marrdy said...

Oh man, what a rough sstart. I hope things go much better from here on out.

LarryG said...

may your time as family yield both memories and closeness these bonds stand all tests.

Doran & Jody said...

I hope you have a blast and the hubby's pain lessen's so you ALL can have fun.

Betty said...

I hope your trip gets only better! Have fun, even with all the little "hitches" that happen!

Anonymous said...

YAY! You guys are going to have SO much fun!!!

Angie's Spot said...

I hope you guys are having a fabu time and can't wait to hear the details when you return!

Anonymous said...

Just checking in and saying hello. Hope you guys are having an awesome time down there!

Aubrey said...

My fingers are crossed that things are getting better! Can't wait to hear about your trip!