Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Need Help for an Assignment for Jacob

Here is my SITS Give-away if your looking for it.

***** UPDATE ***** Found someone to help. Thanks again!

Now on to Jacob's Assignment.

My child is in all Honor's classes and sometime they get some weird hair brained ideas. Personally I think this is one of them. But I thought I would see if you guys can help me out.

Jacob has to interview a World War II veteran. Now grant it we could just go to the VA Hospital but seeing as how my hubby has a suppressed immune system I'd rather not.

And neither the Hubs or I come from a military family. So that's out.

He has to turn in the name of the person he will be interviewing on Thursday then his Teacher will give him the interview questions. The assignment has to be turned in on March 27th.

So here's where you come in.

I need a Veteran to be interviewed. So could you maybe ask your Grandpa or Great Grandpa if they are willing to be interviewed about WWII by a young 12 year old whipper snapper?

If so please let me know his name and rank as soon as possible in an email cferswife@gmail.com

Then once Jacob gets the interview questions I will then email them to you so that they can answer them.

Thanks whole bunches you guys.

9 comments:

Tam said...

To Bad they want a WW II VET because My Husband is a Vet but for Iraq. But is also gone right now anyway...blah

Waiting For Ling-Ling said...

Hello,
I'm a high school teacher in South Florida that might be able to help. One of our substitutes is a WWII veteran. When he comes in to work, he mesmerizes the students with his stories. He tells of liberating the concentration camp (if I remember correctly Dachau) when he was 18 years old! I don't know Mr. Sillman's rank-butI'm sure I can get that information for you. Let me know if you want me to call him and ask if he would be willing to participate.

Lourdes

Finding Normal said...

I'm no help. Both of my gpas served, but are deceased. Neither of them were crazy about talking about the war, either.
Good luck. You know teachers and their crazy projects...(mine have a HUGE social studies project due tomorrow!)

Meg said...

My gpa is a WWII vet and I am sure he would be happy to answer Jacob's questions. I'll email you!

BBB said...

My gramps was... but he left us when Essie was little.

Rhea said...

Good luck with the interview! Do share it on the blog when he's done with it. Very cool!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

good luck with the interview. i wish i could help, but the only person i knew who was a ww II veteran was my grandpa, who is no longer with us.

whoopsadasie said...

I wish I could help too. I don't have anyone that fits that catergory either. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

My fiance's Grandad was in WWII also. So, if you have someone else already, if snother kid in his class needs someone to interview send the ?'s to changinglayne@gmail.com