I know it has been a few days since I have posted anything. I also know that you all are sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for the complete recap of our Disney Extravaganza. It's coming I promise.
But first... I have a few things I need to get off my chest. Just for me and because I feel like I need to give you guys an explanation of the reason for the privacy of my blog.
I don't like the fact that my blog is now private but I really didn't know what else to do.
3 weeks ago I got an email from my Ex. The boys biological Father. After 8 and a half years he wants to play Daddy. Excuse me?
For those of you that have been reading my blog for sometime and know me personally it is not news to you that my Ex was extremely abusive to me the 5 years we were together. I was young and completely stupid then.
The best thing that ever came out of those 5 years of hell are my two handsome boys. I met Richard and moved to Alabama because I wanted the best for us. And that is what we have here. The Best!
Anyhow 3 weeks ago I received said email because the Ex decided to google me. Well what do you know but my Blog was numero uno on Google search. Anyhow after he copied the pictures of the boys that he wanted and read everything he then sent me an email. I guess he figures that since my husband and the only Daddy the boys know is dying and the fact that the boys are heartbroken that now would be a good time to swoop in and play hero.
Well not on my watch. He has even gone as far as to send me an email describing our home and vehicles in the driveway to a T. I don't know if he was here or not or if he may know someone that lives here. But none the less it is very unsettling.
We have notified the local Sherriffs Department as well as sat down and had a long talk with the boys. They have stated several times that they don't want anything to do with him and that Richard is their Daddy. Jacob remembers alot from those days long ago he was almost 4. Calob only knows what older brother has told him.
I have never told them anything bad about him as I didn't want them to have preconceived notions. I figured when they got older and wanted to look him up then they could get their own idea of the person he is.
I feel awful having to put my children under even more stress.
Richard's pain has started to progress a little more now on the left side. He has also been experiencing some pretty severe nausea. He is also very stressed out about all this as so am I.
I would like for you all to continue to pray for our family. We go Tuesday to meet with an Attorney to proceed with Richard adopting the boys. The Attorney thinks we have a very strong case considering that my Ex has had no contact with the boys what so ever in all these years. As well as because of all the abuse and the things that Jacob remembers. I know that we should have probably done this years ago. I don't know why we didn't. The boys are ecstatic about it and look forward to all of us having the same last name.
I just pray that it goes by quickly and that my Ex doesn't contest it otherwise it will be a long drawn out process.
As a Christian I can forgive him for the terrible things he done and all the mess he put me through. However I can't forget and I will do whatever I have to do to protect my children. I know that over time people change but I am not willing to take that chance regardless.
Sorry for this long post but this is why I haven't been around much lately.
Much love to you all and many blessings!
6 months ago











39 comments:
As if you all aren't going through enough. You are all in my prayers.
I am so sorry and going private is the best thing.
Abandonment should be easy to prove with no contact for 8 yrs. I'm not sure I would even mention the recent contact. Proceed with adoption and let the courts deal with the ex if he contests.
You are in my prayers. May God's peace surround you.
Lisa Q
Im sorry you have to go through that. I hope Richard is able to adopt the boys with no problems from the ex. Praying for your beautiful family! :)
Kori-
You did what was best for your family. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.... hope that the adoption goes smoothly!
Christine
Wow, Kori, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this now, with everything else you're going through.
Maybe he's changed, but it doesn't sound like it if he's spying on you somehow or reporting back to you what your house and cars look like!
Good lord.
You did the right thing going private! I´m so sorry you have to go through this too. That must be so stressful! But I´m also happy for your boys that they will be adopted by their "real" father!
I am so sorry this has come up. If you need me are Jim we are here. I really hope all goes well for the boys. Trea needs to get with Jacob so if something comes up at school Trea can help him out. Let me know if you need anything. I can get Jacob and Caleb for you. If he is watching you think about changing there everyday route. I am here I Love You guys. I hope Richard feels better soon.
Girl, I am so sorry yall are going through this, like you don't have enough to go through as it is, please know that I am praying for you and your family. Love ya girl, Lee Ann
Oh Kori. I'm so sorry. I would also recommend notifying the school, including a description or picture of bio dad, if you can provide either. At the very least, let them know his name, and that he is under no circumstances to EVER have contact with your boys during the school day, nor pick them up from school or request their records, etc. I would also recommend talking to the boys about yelling if they ever encounter him. As in yelling things about him touching them or being a stranger, in hopes that they would get attention from someone nearby to offer help and being REALLY LOUD about it so the person would not back down if he claims to be their dad. Not trying to scare you--we deal with lots of custody issues at school.
How creepy that he was describing your house/cars. Google Earth maybe? Our house on there is several years old, which I only know because the house behind us isn't there on it, and it's 3 years old.
I'll be praying for you. Many hugs!
Let the Lord lead you in your decision making during this time of intense stress. You are doing the right thing protecting the boys from a potentially abuse situation with their biological father. Prayers of comfort, peace and renewal coming your way from Texas.
Candace
I can't believe it... Actually I can. You are doing the right thing by getting Richard's adoption of the boys. I don't understand how some people can actually believe they can have a relationship with someone after ignoring them for 8 years. That is crazy. I am going to be praying for you and the family. I hope Richard starts feeling better soon. I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!
Ugh. I don't even know what to say. What a kick in the gut, huh? Prayers for you all.
Hi Kori,
Forgiving is one thing but forgetting is something completely different and you are doing everything as you should be protecting those boys. I grew up with an abusive father (he abused my mother and me- an only child, thank god) and I still worry that he may someday show up on my doorstep, claiming his rights as a grandparent to my two little girls. So help me god if he would. I really cannot tell you to what extreme I would go to at that point but continue to take every measure you can to prevent him from seeing them. Contact their schools, anyone else who watches them, neighbors whom you can trust, etc. And just know that you have a multitude of prayers coming at ya every day!
Praying for all of you!
Oh Kori, I'm sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers. It just doesn't seem fair that you have something else to have to worry about!
Had a feeling it was something to do with your ex having access to the boys through the blog, how unsettling! Good luck at the attorney and pray all goes well!
And yes, can't wait for the Disney update!!
You know I love you and you know I'm always praying...
Kori-
You know your whole family is in my prayers. I hope it goes well with the attorney and the ex quickly loses interest. It's a little scary that he's described everything about your house (although, if he knows your address, all you have to do is a google satellite search...so hopefully, he wasn't at your house). Please keep us posted.
I hope Richard's pain subsides as well.
It all makes sense now. So sorry you have to add this to you pile of worries. You made the right choice!
man, that sucks. Everything. =( I'm sorry that this is all happening at the same time. Wish I could give you a hug. I'll be thinking about you, as usual...
In a non-stalkery way, of course. =)
I think you did the right thing with going private. And I am sorry that you are having to deal with this at all. Ya'll are always in my prayers.
And I am really looking forward to hearing about your magical time at Disney!!
You definitely did the right thing- and how amazing for Richard to become their legal father soon!!
I am so sorry you are dealing with THIS on top of everything else. Man. will be keeping you in prayer.
I will be praying for you that the adoption will go through smoothly!
I will be praying about this, gah! I'm here if you need me, just give me a call. I'll email you.
I can still follower you!! Yippee!!! Hope things are alittle better for you!!
Wow. How scary. I'm here for you. Whatever you need!
This whole thing just sucks. UGH.
But I think you did the right thing... looking out for your family is the #1 priority.
Love you!
Un.be.lievable. I am so sorry this is happening, but I know God is in charge and has your best interests at heart. Just keep serving Him and trust that He will provide all that you need.
I know that if he has your street address he can see a picture of your house online. Maybe that's how he knows what it looks like. I will continue praying for you all. I'm sorry to hear about Richard's pain worsening.
I pray everything will fall into place with the adoption. I love you, my sister. Thanks for the update.
Oh my, Kori! I'm so sorry. I hope all goes well and the adoption goes through quickly. None of you really needed anything else on your plate right now. Much love to you all!
Oh Kori honey, I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. Sheesh...like you don't have enough on your plate right now. I will definitely be praying for you and your family. If there is anything at all I can do for you, please let me know.
Lots and lots of hugz,
Michele
You did the right thing going private. Sometimes the drama with ex's is really too much to deal with. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and know that God will work miracles for you. Bless you all!
My heart aches for you...
And I can understand why this is private now!! and I agree!!
I will keep you in my prayers... XOXOXO to you!!!
Oh, hun, what a mess! I'm so sorry you guys have to go through all of this! I totally get going private..I would have done the same thing!
And I am thinking of Richard and hoping his pain subsides. You guys just need a nice, peaceful BREAK!
Kori, you poor thing. I can't imagine the turmoil you must be feeling. What a complete ass that man is. (Yes, I said that.)
You know we are here for you, and will continue to be as long as you want us. Not much I can do from Ohio except send lots of love and prayers your way, and that is already done.
Do what you need to do. Best of luck with the adoption.
So looking forward to seeing the Disney pics!
I hope the adoption proceeds quickly and smoothly. You all are in my prayers!
I didn't think about it but when you went private it stopped updating my blogroll, so I'm very sorry for the late comments.
You are always included in my prayers but I'll certainly change it up a little based on this. I'm happy that the lawyer was able to tell you some positive news and I know in my heart the courts will do the right thing for you and the boys.
You have done the right thing. I am sorry your ex is making things rough on you right now. And kudos to your boys for realizing who their true father is. You have some awesome men there.
Girl, you know I'm sending you the best vibes and hoping for a quick and positive resolution to this nonsense that your ex has decided to create.
And I'm praying for painless days for Richard. Or at least, less painful. Luv ya!
Praying for you all. I hope the adoption goes through without a hitch.
Know that there is a little family in Maine that is constantly holding you, your hubby and boys, up in prayer, thought and love.
Post a Comment