Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Can't believe she outed me.

It may be a secret to some of you but, one of my closest friends would be our own Hot Tub Lizzy.


There is usually not a day that we don't talk. Did you guys know that we watch American Idol together every week? Yes we do while IM'ing and critiquing every single contestant. Her in NC and me here in Bama. It is seriously some good times people.

She is one of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She has talked me off the ledge a many a time when some days I just feel like I am completely losing it. She's quick to tell me to pick my butt off the floor and get on with it already. I love her for that and for the fact that she does the best cross-eyed face ever.

Last night while we were watching AI together and then the Bozo Bachelor I was trying to think of something to post. Now Richard was over on the love seat and he kept telling me to post about what happened at work.

Well I told Lizzy what happened and she thought it was classic. And when I didn't blog about it she outed me for all of you to know that the Dear Cancer post was not my original plan. So for all of your inquiring minds here it is.

I have been sick with this awful Sinus infection since Saturday. I haven't been sleeping worth a flip.

So yesterday at work I got my lunch and was sitting in the back of our office. I ate very little cause nothing taste good and my throat hurts from all the drainage. Well I was tired. T. I. R. E. D.

So I laid my head down on the table. I fell asleep for I have no idea how long.

I woke myself up snoring very loudly. And from where I was laying on my arm, the right side of my face had all the red lines and imprints from my shirt that I had on.

And as I lift my head to look my co-workers are there glaring at me as I proceed to clean the nice little puddle of drool off the table and from my chin.

Best. Power. Nap EVER!

Then I returned to my desk front and center after fixing my hair and proudly displaying the sleep lines on my face.

Embarrassed?

Yes that would be me.

36 comments:

Kelli said...

I am glad you got a little nap though. I hate waking myself up snoring. hehe

Laura said...

Classic, Kori, really!

Brandy said...

LOL! You must have needed it though. I love that you snored. And slobbered. And got lines. Man that sounds like a good nap!

Sweetly Single said...

LOL OH I am so jealous!! You seriously must have needed it!

Beth said...

Oh my word. That is FaNtAsTiC!!!
Poor thing. I hope you are feeling better!

Joy said...

That is a good one Kori. I fell asleep in the carpool line at my daughters elementary school one afternoon. Cars had to go around me. Finally a friend called my cell phone and said "Joy are you OK" Woke me up from a great nap.


Joy

Ronda's Rants said...

Oh...Kori...take good care of yourself! You must have needed that sleep very much!

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ I am cracking up over this story! Isn't it weird tho when you wake yourself up snoring? I so hope you feel better soon...you need to be in tip top shape for your Disney trip!

Hugz,
Michele

LarryG said...

cool story! your body knows best what you need, go with it...

Fiauna said...

Too funny. Don't feel too bad, this has happened to a lot of people, (me included).

Britt said...

Aww buddy! Yes, I'm giggling =-) But it coulda been worse .. you coulda woken up with your face crusted to your arm from snot drainage .. =-)

Sometimes when I'm concentrating really hard .. I drool on myself. While awake. Sleeping is a much better excuse to drool, if you ask me =-)

whoopsadasie said...

Kori, thanks for sharing that. I am sure you were embarrassed, but I had a good laugh. :-) Hope you feel better soon!

I sometimes wake myself up snoring too!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, the power nap! Fab!

Susie said...

Good for you!

Michelle said...

That is classic and also pretty funny. You most definitely needed that nap!!

Michelle said...

That is classic and also pretty funny. You most definitely needed that nap!!

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! I sure hope you are feeling better.

Glad you have Lizzy. I've just been catching up on your past few posts....very heartfelt. I'm glad you get to leave for your trip soon.

Melissa said...

Okay, I don't know whether to laugh or say Awwwww! Poor baby is gonna really regret that when the interoffice memo goes out with the pic of you snoozing. Good stuff.

Carebear said...

Oh, no! That is too funny. I would have been mortified if it was me. But since it was you, I'm simply amused, LOL!

jennifersusan said...

heehee...at least your co-workers didn't try to wake you up. :) Nice power nap!

Michelle said...

ROTFLMAO! That is great!!!

Finding Normal said...

YAY for a nap. Take em where you can get em!

Young Momma said...

LOL!!! I've done that!!! Fell asleep and the UPS lady came in and woke me. I was like "Oh, sorry, I was just resting my eyes, I have a head ache." The lady laughed and said "Who are you foolin'? You were passed out!!" I went in back and had sleep lines all down the left side of my face. LOL

Aubrey said...

That was classic! Lizzy was right!
I think your body is trying to tell you something!

Mere said...

I love besties like that. They're God's way of sending something amazing in our lives and blessing us abundantly more than we already are. My bestie is jessica! She's my fave :)

Love, Mere

Runner Girl said...

Nothing like friendship and a power nap to see us through another long shadow-cast day!

Linda said...

I love a good nap ... drooling and snoring just makes it better. Your coworkers are just jealous. Funny stuff Kori!

Megan said...

LOL Oops! Too funny!

(a little somethin' something' on my blog for you. Thursday.)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Ha-ha! You need to visit my blog and pick up your Pass. You obviously needed that nap!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if I were there I would have found you a comfy quilt and told you to go on sleeping.. poor girl.. NEVER be embarrassed .... You obviously needed the rest!!

Anonymous said...

I needed that giggle this morning. Glad you had the chance to take a break and get a little power nap in. Take care of yourself!

angi_b72 said...

haha!! Too freaking funny Kori!! I would ahve loved to have seen your co workers!!
When do you guys leave for vacation?

Shelley said...

Snore away, girl!

P.S. LOVE the picture!

Rachel said...

LOL about the power nap at work! I never did that, but I certainly was tempted when I was pregnant! Like, every day!!!

Thanks for commenting today! I have you now in my google reader and can't wait to get to know you!

Marrdy said...

You know anyone who wears plaid should out anybody they want.

And drooling...CLASSIC!

WheresMyAngels said...

I didn't know you lived in Bama, my husband scheduled a vacation there and is mad I didn't want to go (he didn't want to take the kids), so now he is going by himself. Even if I wanted too, I couldn't go, cause the kids are in school. He is going in May.

I have a staff whom sleeps on the job all the time, only she ain't sick! Loved the description of you and the drool!! ha ha