Monday, January 5, 2009

STOP... WOW

You can read if you like. Guess I have been having myself a little pity party over things. I just needed to get them out of my head and somewhere else. I needed to be whiny and self pitying for a second.

I worry about alot of things. After many, many sleepless nights I have come to realize that worrying about it doesn't do any good. But knowing that doesn't make me sleep any better.

There have been times in my life when things came easy. Bills were always paid on time and we had extra left over to do the things we wanted without question. When Richard and I first got married I was so homesick for Florida, my home town of Jacksonville that we would go there once a month for about the first 6 months I lived in Alabama. Things have certainly changed since then. For instance this past July was the first time I have been to Jacksonville to see my Dad in 2 years. Simply because we just couldn't afford it.

I am more than grateful for an awesome job that i love in these trying times of our Nation but I so miss the old days when we both worked. I full-time, Richard worked 2 to 3 days a week do to the limits of his CF. Things were just so much better for us then. Things have certainly changed.

I don't know exactly what my point was to all this accept for the despite it all I am thankful.

Thankful for my unwavering faith in God, a Husband that continues to fight Cystic Fibrosis and Cancer with all his might, two beautifully smart amazing boys, a roof over our heads, heat on the cold wintry nights, and food to fill our tummies.

Sure we may not be able to take weekend trips to the coast or to the mountains of Tennessee, we may not be able to eat out but once every 3 months or so, or to go shopping without a calculator to make sure we stay under our grocery spending limit.

But when I STOP and look and see what all we do have. All I can say is WOW.

Just... WOW!

Ok self-pitying time is now officially over. Time to pick myself up and dust myself off.


19 comments:

Stephanie said...

If that is self pity than I am in trouble..there is no category for what I do. I love how positive you, I love how grateful you are, and that you always make sure to point out that even though things aren't perfect that you still HAVE. That is why I love you and strive to emulate your positiveness!

(and self pity is okay too, it is healing some days :) )

PS I love you!

Lori said...

ummm, your blog your party...be it a happy one or a pity party! you are entitled!
Hang in there Kori! You rock!

Heather said...

We all have days like these, and honey, you are definitely entitled to it. Know that we are all here to help you pick up the pieces when you fall apart a little, and we do it gladly and with a lot of love.

Sometimes life is great, and sometimes it just plain sucks. It's okay to be a little mad about that.

Lula! said...

You are blessed.

I'm always going to remind you of this, because I see it in your lives on a daily basis. In the midst of the storm, you are BLESSED, my love.

And I love you. So much that you were the ONLY person I called on New Year's Eve.

See how blessed you area????
xoxo

Tiffany said...

Girl, whine, kick, scream, heck, cuss if you need to.

We are all here.

Always will be.

Love you!

Kristin said...

It is okay to share your thoughts and feelings...life is real, life hurts, but you are right God is GOOD. He will not bring you to anything that he will not bring you through.

Runner Girl said...

I second Tiffany's comment--though I would add cry--hard on occassion! Just get it out!

Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way.

Mere said...

Keep your chin up!! Things will get better!

Love, Mere

Mere said...

Keep your chin up!! Things will get better!

Love, Mere

Becky W said...

I feel the same way right now. Thank you for reminding me for blessed we are!

Ronda's Rants said...

I have WOW days myself! I hope you have His Peace today!

Melissa said...

If life always was always easy we wouldn't be thankful for the good things because they'd all be...well....good. I believe God tests us in the everyday mundane things to see how we will respond. We respond out of who we are. You, my friend, are a gem of the rarest kind. I'm so glad we're friends because you inspire me to find joy in my trials. God is using you, Kori. He's working this all out. Trust Him.

"Oh no, He never lets go. Through the calm and through the storm. Oh no, He never lets go. Every high and every low....."

Unknown said...

It's okay to have the occassional pity party. We all have those and if anyone is entitled to it, then it's you.

I think that feeling sorry for ourselves can be very healing, as we often then start to count what we have to be grateful for.

Hang in there, Kori. I haven't been commenting as much as I would have liked to, as I've been holding my own pity party. However, that is done with now.

I just want you to know how much I admire you, your grace and your courage under fire. You truely are an inspiration to live by.

Hugs and prayers..

Megan said...

I didn't see any self-pity in this post. I see someone that has a whole lot on her plate that is dealing with it all the best she can and knows how...and is very strong and only grows stronger!

Prayers for you and your family!!! xo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Worry is completely natural...and I don't think you have pitty parties! But, I'll join you for a party anytime:)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I think that crying is cathartic. And so is yelling. And screaming.

You so inspire me. Even when there is a pity party.

Rhea said...

I so agree with Kat's comment. Get it out, it's ok. And you are inspiring. And everyone needs pity parties now and then.

MarciaBrady said...

It's ok to talk about how you're feeling! We all get this way.

It's better to get it out and in the process, you realize that yes things may suck, but you are still blessed!

Just know that we're all here for you anytime!!

Valerie said...

There's nothing wrong with feeling like that. You have to get those feelings out. I hope you get to feeling better. Just remember you have tons of friends.