Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sick with Presents

My day started early. I'm talking 2:30 AM early.

My throat and my head were killing me. I finally managed to go back to sleep not to long before the alarm clock began singing it's tune to start the day.

I got up but felt no better. It didn't take me long to decide that I was not going to be able to go to work feeling like this. So I called in. Good thing my Boss is awesome.

I was sure I had strep throat.

Called the Doctor couldn't get in till 1:20. So I slept. Took a 3 hour nap as a matter of fact.

Hubby took me to the Doctor. Yep I know he's such a sweetie. He really went with me so he could get his Flu shot. But he's still a keeper.

Anyhow he got a shot and I got gagged by a long q-tip. Ugh there has to be a better way to check for strep. Seriously.

Needless to say I don't have strep.

But I do have a sinus infection and double ear infection. That would explain why I have been having to get everyone to repeat everything.

Got some meds and I'm feeling a little better.

Back to work tomorrow. Thank goodness it's the end of the week.

Oh but while I was laying on the couch and going through the mail. I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. It was literally a steal. Hubby loves his current cell phone and said I could use his VIP upgrade. I had to have it.

So without further or do let me introduce to...
Yes my friend. That would be the new Blackberry Storm. It is mine all mine. It will be here Friday and I can't wait. I can check emails, blog and whatever else from anywhere. I love Verizon it's the only cell phone service that has ever picked up here in our po-dunk town.

Happy late Christmas present, Valentine's Day, Birthday to me! It doesn't take much to make me a very Happy girl even when I have a temperature. Thanks Hubby your the best. I love you.
I'll be around to visit blogs when I feel a little bit better than I do right now. I know my comments have been seriously lacking. I'll be around your way soon.

26 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Feel better!

Mom said...

Hope you feel better soon! I'm sure once you get that new baby in your hands you will feel 100% better!

Funky Kim said...

I hope you feel better fast!

And life at my husband's family hunting cabin changed dramatically 2 years ago when my cell phone rang. I have Verizon and it actually had a signal in the middle of nowhere, Montana. Lots of family changed to Verizon and the hunting cabin entered the 20th century. LOL

Mama Wheaton said...

Feel better soon and have fun with your new toy!

Kelsey said...

Feel better!

Love the new phone, it's so shiny!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I hope you feel better soon! Glad it wasn't strep if that makes it any better! :-)
And I love your new toy too! It's awesome!

Ann Harrison said...

Please concentrate on you now. Get better very soon!
We'll be here for you. :->

Shannon said...

Oooo... the phone looks cool! I so need a new one.

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

BethanyM said...

Sorry to hear you are so sick. I get lots of sinus infections, which are bad enough, but both ears too? Are you sure you can work like that? Rest and feel better.

I love Verizon too, and that is the phone I have been wanting also. We switched to Cingular a number of years ago on my Dad's recommendation and it was AWFUL--horrible coverage and customer service. Couldn't wait to get back to Verizon.

Take care.

Trish said...

I have phone envy!!!

I want that phone and since we are swtching to Verizon next month I wa shoping to be able to get it, but we just found out yesterday that Hubs is being laid off at the end of the month, so I guess spending extra on an unnecessary phone is out right now..........uggghhh.

I'll just drool over yours.

Trish said...

PS.... feel better soon!
I'm glad it isn;t strep! Strep sucks!

Kelli said...

I am in the dark ages when it comes to ph and internet. so do you have to pay extra for internet stuff so you can check your email? I would so love that or blog from my ph, that would be cool and so annoying to those already annoyed by blogging. hehe Hope you feel better asap!

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll be feeling better soon.....

I love your new phone......I'm very jealous!!!!

Mere said...

You poor thing :( I saw a billboard for the new Blackberry..it looks oober cool!! Feel better soon!

Love, Mere

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I sure hope you are feeling better. My sister has the ear infection thing, too! Yuck!

Love the new phone (and verizon), but I'm not willing to pay for the data service!!

whoopsadasie said...

Hope you feel better soon. And no better way to feel better than to get presents!! Enjoy!

Heather said...

Hope by now you're feeling much better. I'm sure when that phone arrives, that will help :)

Counting down the days to Disney right along with you. Thanks for sharing the counter!

Krissi said...

I am green with envy, not over you sinus infection or double ear infection but over your new Storm!! WOW I have wanted one of those since I first saw them! Hope you LOVE LOVE LOVE it :)

Sweetly Single said...

Hope you feel better soon you lucky gal!!!

Betty said...

I´m happy you got a new toy! You deserve it. Hope you feel better soon!

Brandy said...

I hope you feel better soon. Awesome phone!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I just got over a sinus infection. Not fun! Congrats on the new phone, that's the one I want next!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the phone....very cool!

I hope you are feeling better....thank God for drugs, huh?

Jane In The Jungle said...

I am sooooooooo jealous!!! My oldest is bugging me to change to Verizon. If I can get a Kori Phone, I just might, LOL!!

Marrdy said...

There is nothing worse then a sinus infection. Hope you feel better soon.

Stephanie said...

YAY for Crackberrys!!!

And hope you are feeling better soon!