Monday, January 19, 2009

I've been Interviewed

Yep you heard me I have been interviewed. Whoo hoo.

Karla over at Zander and Me did an interview post and wanted to interview others. And since I just adore her, I was so game. And boy oh boy did she ever bring it.

1. Your faith is so strong, its wonderful to see how you keep it always. Have you always been a Christian? Or is there something specific that happened that turned you to Christ?

(WOW what a question) No, I haven't always been a Christian. I have had a plenty of sin in my life and I have learned from it all. When I was 14 I accepted Christ as my Savior or at least I thought I had. I said the prayer but continued to do the things I wanted to do. Then in May of 2002 when I was 22 years old we joined Sharon Heights. I don't remember the lesson that day or anything that the Preacher said but I remember the feeling I felt, and the tears that I wept on the altar. That is the day that I turned it all over to Him and it was gone, the weight was lifted. My walk with Him hasn't been easy. But the comforting thing to know is that I can rely on Him when I am in the trenches He provides all the strength I need. When I am overjoyed with the way my life is going I know that He is too. God saved me most of all from myself.

2. I’ve been reflecting a lot on my past recently…I have no idea why…but let’s go with it. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had some ‘do-overs’. (I know I learn from my mistakes, but do-overs still sound nice) Is there anything that you did or didn’t do that you wish you could ‘do-over’?

Boy do I have some do-overs I would like. I wish I would have stood up to my ex long before I ever actually did. For 5 years I put up with physical and mental abuse. 5 years is a long time and being only 16 it really makes you grow up fast and it makes you tough. It used to take me a long time to trust anyone to really let anyone in. The best thing that happened in those 5 years was having my sons. They saved me. I did learn what real love is meant to be like. Thank God for Richard. My knight in shining armor to show me the way that love is supposed to be.

3 Your boys are getting so big, so fast. I mean, they have already hit puberty (haha)….Do they talk about things they want to do when they grow up? What are some of their plans?

Well Jacob loves food. There is nothing he won't try. He wants to go to Culinary School when he graduates. His goal is to become a World Renowned Chef. Calob isn't real sure what he wants to be quite yet. He loves to draw and is in-love with the Arts. So who knows. Whatever they choose to be is their decision and I want them to be happy in whatever it may be.

4. Before Richard, who was the biggest influence in your life? The person that maybe knew you the best? Or shaped who you are in a big way?

There are a lot of people that have influenced me over the years. Who have told me I was stupid for some poor decisions I have made and who have loved me through them regardless. I am thankful for them all. They know who they are.

5. I know you have so much going on in your life currently. But, when you do get time, do you have a hobby you like to do? Just something for you? If so, what is it and how long have you enjoyed this?

Oh I do have a hobby. I love to crochet. It is probably one of the best stress relievers I have found, it keeps my mind busy which is great. I could go broke in the yarn aisle at Hobby Lobby. All the colors, oh the pretty colors. Love it!

Well that concludes this interview. It was alot of fun. Thanks Karla!

22 comments:

Runner Girl said...

You are a beautiful soul, Kori. Your faith, your strength, your story and your life are an inspiration to us all!

Christy said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that stuff! PS, I like crochet, but am not very good at it. I can make scarves like nobody's business but that's about it. =)

Young Momma said...

That was great. I love your answer to #1

Mere said...

#1's answer is my favorite!! You're such an AMAZING example to us all!

Love, Mere

Aubrey said...

What a great interview! It's so neat to learn a little more about people you admire and Kori...I admire YOU!

krissy said...

One more reason to live closer. I am "teaching" myself to crochet and it isn't really going so well.

Once again, your faith inspires me. He led me to you. You are so beautiful.

My favorite quote: "The best thing about me is you."

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Great answers,Kori.

I wonder if Zander will continue his love of cooking...I know,he's only 2. But he's been cooking something or other since he was about 6 months old. He and Jacob may run a cooking show together waaaay down the road.

Marrdy said...

That was great! Thanks for sharing yoru thoughts.

MarciaBrady said...

What a great interview Kori!!

I also like to crochet. But, I only know the single and double stitch, so I get frustrated at how long it takes me to make anything. Do you know the afghan stitch or I think it's also called the tunisian(sp) stitch? I have tried, but cannot learn from the books!! ARGH!!

I loved your answer to the first question. You said it so well!!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

I want to be a crocheter! I really do, But im not so sure i have the patience right now...

Lula! said...

Oh, I loved reading this. You are amazing. And now I am officially putting in my request for a crocheted scarf...or potholder...or whatever. Just make me something. Please?

Melissa said...

Okay, we so have to exchange patterns. I love crocheting, but I'm stuck on one pattern. I need to learn something new. Email me if you have any new ideas.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good stuff!

And, crocheting...is it hard? I need to learn how. I want to be able to make my girls some hats (and they are just way to pricey online)!

Debbie said...

That was good stuff Kori...so fun to get to know you better! And, yes, Karla is a sweetheart...

Brandy said...

Good questions and well thought out answers...the more I learn about you the more I like you.

whoopsadasie said...

What amazing answers...what an amazing person you are!

LarryG said...

you have been given much and i love the way you acknowledge it so freely and openly, beautiful post, testimony, witness, life story!

The Blonde Duck said...

You're famous now! :)

Jenni said...

That was a GREAT interview! Will you come teach me to crochet?

Finding Normal said...

I so wish I could crochet. But I think I lack the patience. I need more immediate results. We'll go to Hobby Lobby--you can go broke on yarn and I'll get beads! LOL

Shannon said...

Great questions, Karla!

And great answers, Kori!

I think culinary school would be so cool... hope Jacob makes it there one day... then becomes a world famous chef!

Kori said...

One of the best interviews I have read yet!