Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shoes, Food & a Feeling Good Day

The day started off very good. Richard woke up without any pain which put him in a good mood and he wanted to get out of the house. Which was perfect because as you all know this past Monday Jacob turned 12. So we had promised him we would go out to eat.


But first we had to take care of some business. The boys had to have new shoes. It was a must. So on our way to get our grub on we stopped in Rack Room Shoes to check it out. They had a sale going on buy 1 get the 2nd for 50% off. Whoo Hoo.

So we looked and looked some more. What is with my kids wanting those huge shoes that make your feet look like they are five times fatter than they really are. Ugh. Skater shoes. My boys have very skinny, long feet. So these shoes do not look good especially in the summer when they wear shorts and they have their little toothpick looking legs with these huge shoes on. It's just not good. Ok Sorry to ramble.

Anyhow Calob found him some he liked right off the bat. The last pair they had and they were his size. Yay. After Jacob looked forever we finally found some he liked at this moment I could almost promise I heard the angels singing, rejoicing cause I know I was. (he is picker than I am about shoes) I can not believe he is in a men's size 7 1/2. And adult shoes are way more expensive than kids. But we survived thanks to the sale.

So after all the shoe drama we then went to Joe's Crab Shack for some good food. Jacob's pick for his Birthday. We were all starving.

Calob resorted to eating the Lemons from Kim's sweet tea while we waited on appetizers.

I shot our waitress and my husband a look when they tried to tie a huge bib around my neck. I think the look said it all. What do you think?

Jacob was hungry and very much prepared for his feast of Crab legs.

Richard was just over the moon to be having a "Feel Good Day"

After we stuffed ourselves on crab legs, shrimp and some super yummy dessert. Jacob had to do a little Rock Show for everyone at the restaurant while we all sang Happy Birthday to him. Yep he was a little more than embarrassed but he was such a good sport unlike his Mother with the bib incident.

If we have a hundred bad days and only ten good

we will still give thanks and praise to God no matter what day it is.

29 comments:

Kelli said...

sounds like a great day to me. no pain, new shoes and YUMMR FOOD!

BeckettFan's Tales said...

and you know i was very grateful for my little calob eating the lemons cause you know as jacob calls it i have " a citrus problem" tell c.c. i said hey!!!haha!!

Lori said...

what a sweet day!
so glad richard was having a good day!

Aubrey said...

Whoo-hoo for Richard's "Feel Good Day" AND Jacob's yummy birthday lunch!

Young Momma said...

I'm glad that your hubs had a good day AND you got to enjoy it to the fullest! How exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for the good day for Richard...I hope he has oodles more this year!!! Sounds like you all had a good time.....love the pics....especially your "look"!

BBB said...

YES for good days!!!!!!! May there be many more.

angi_b72 said...

Amen for a good day!! I am glad you all got to enjoy yourselves, looks like you had an awesome time!

Kristin said...

yea for a good day!

Mere said...

Looks like y'all had a good day! YAY!!

Love, Mere

Laura said...

Yeah for a good day!! I'm so glad you guys "got out"!!

Kensi said...

We are so happy you guys got out and had a great day. (I wouldn't have worn the bib either...)

Hope you all have many more good days to come.

Shannon said...

Happy day! Hope there are many many many more to come :)

I would have given a look, too...

Stephanie said...

What a GREAT day! I am Soo glad!!!

Finding Normal said...

YAY for a good day!
And I would not wear the bib either. No way, no day.

Kelly said...

The stars aligned and the angels were singing for all of you today! I'm glad you had a good one!

Melissa said...

yay! I'm so glad you all had fun. I love that look you are giving. You sass you.

Brandy said...

Sounds like a fabulous Saturday! I love the pictures...especially your "I mean business" look.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Praise God for a good day (and birthdays and crab legs, too)!

Linda said...

Shoes and crab legs ... What a fun day indeed ... hoping there's many more!

Winifred said...

What a lovely day. Hope you have lots more to come.

Emily said...

Oh Kori!!! I am SO happy that you all had a good day, you SO FREAKIN deserve it!!!
Emily

Jane In The Jungle said...

I so wish we had a Joe's near us!! And so glad ya'll had such a great Good day!

Boys feet are unbelievable, my 14 yr old wears an 11 and my 12 yr old wears an 8 , so yeah, I feel your pain!! Thanks goodness the younger boy is still sitting on size 13! And we won't talk about the Girl's big feet yet!

MarciaBrady said...

Sounds like you guys had such a great time!

Lula! said...

Crab legs...sigh...my favorite. Ever.

I love that look you are giving Richard and the waitress...you'd think someone touched the rim of your glass, or--HORRORS!--your fork or something.

I know how you are. I love you.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I just can't comment after Lula. Or Lizzy. They say all my words :-)

And I so would not do the bib thing either.

Can you believe I have never eaten at Joes?!

Susie said...

What a perfect day... That's all, just perfect. I bet it is a day Jacob never forgets.

whoopsadasie said...

I am so happy that he had a good day!!

Michelle said...

My boy wears skater shoes. I kinda like them. He wanted the kind like Steve-O from Jack Ass wears. Now there is a good role model. Have you ever seen any of those movies? They are pretty good. Sexy, hot, young, mostly naked men. Check it out sometime.