Ok all of ya'll know about our wonderful gift to go to Disney.
We are super excited! We leave in March.
But I am having some problems.
We need to rent a vehicle to get there and back.
Why? you ask.
I have a Mustang. It is small and the further you drive it with 4 people inside the smaller it gets. I'm serious.
Richard has a van it's like a 90's model Ford van. It's also a 5 speed which I don't know how to drive. And it has over 200 thousand miles on it.
Grant it we have drove this vehicle on many a long distant trip.
The only thing about doing this now is Richard gets tired really easily and I need to be able to drive when he needs to rest.
We have also pretty much retired the Van from all long distance trips just because it is getting up there in miles and it is bound to tear up like when we are hundreds of miles from home.
We don't want to push our luck anymore with the Van. She's an old girl and it's time to let her enjoy her retirement.
So renting a SUV was what we had planned on doing. I have the money to do so. But I didn't realize that it costs nearly $900 to do so for 10 days.
That is Highway robbery. Outrageous.
So I come to you guys.
Do any of ya'll know a website or anything where I might can save some money on the rental?
I need some serious help.
Cause yes I have the money for it but every little bit of money we can save to use while at Disney the better.
So please suggest away.
6 months ago











23 comments:
http://www.priceline.com/rentalcars/default.asp?irefid=HPTRAV1216ICON&irefclickid=RC
Find the absolute best price you can find. Travelocity.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com
Then go to priceline.com and name your own price. Start at 60% of the best price you found. I've rented many vehicles this way and at most I've had to spend 80% of the best price out there.
Do you have AAA? If so, check through them. Also, you can go online and search for coupons for the rental company you use.
Also, I wouldn't purchase their insurance. Most likely your current insurance company will cover a rental. I worked for State Farm for 7 years. We covered rentals for 21 days. And, if you had a vehicle that didn't have full coverage on it, you could add it and then when you got back, drop it. It's definitely a lot less than what you will pay at the rental company. If you did have an accident, the rental vehicle does have the same deductibles that your policy has.
Hope that helps.
I have an entertainment book, and there are discount codes... here are some you can use online:
for Avis for a free double upgrade: Use your Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) # B790000 and coupon # UUGA057.
For budget for $20 off a week and an upgrade, Use coupon # MUGZ132 and Budget Customer Discount (BCD) number X443000 to get your member savings.
hertz, for $30 off weekly rental: use discount code 205521 and promotional coupon # 116163
The key is to shop around. when we went to DC we rented a small suv for $400 for the whole week, I think. =) good luck. And remember, some of those full size cars are bigger than the small suv's, and are a step down in price. =)
I haven't rented a car in a while...but I might have a connection. I'll get back to you.
Wow....all are great suggestions and they already covered what I was going to say. Hopefully Krystyn can hook you up!!!
There is a website that you can go to and it offers discount codes to many different types of companys (some rental cars). Check out www.naughtycodes.com (I know it sounds bad, but they really aren't! :))
We know all about the mustang as a family vehicle at this house. My husband has wanted one his whole life, so he bought one 2 years ago. A convertible no less. We area a fmily of 6 and live in IDAHO (WINTER WONDERLAND) and my hubby buys a convertible mustang??! But I do LOVE to see him in it. And thank goodness we have a different vehicle for our regular family outings. :) Good luck finding a good deal. Car rentals are so expensive.
Hey Kori, Sorry I don't have any car rental advice for you, but I'll be praying that God will provide you some wheels to get down there. God doesn't provide the destination and then no way to get there. I can't wait to see how this works out.
♥
Joy
if you are a costco or sam's club member you can get a discount through them.
Also check through your work, does the company ever rent a car?
Been saying a prayer for y'all every day!
sidestep.com -- they are good for airfare, hotels and of course... your need... Van rentals. Personally, I'd look into renting a van... they usually are just a tad less expensive and the gas mileage is better.
Oh... remember I talked about the 'free' plastic robot you can get at EPCOT? Well, that display is gone. We went on Monday and they've revamped the area.
Regardless of what you do you all will have fun.
I was going to suggest priceline too! Like Funky Kim said, start low! You might score a great deal!
Definitely try priceline.com or www.hotwire.com
Good luck!
Have you checked out rent a wreck? I've used them before & they had god cars. What about driving one way dropping off the car and rerenting to get home and for the 10 days you could uses shuttles??
what about your church? Is there someone there you could rent a vehicle from for a couple of weeks?
You've got some great ideas listed here. I don't travel much and don't have any suggestions but I will pray for a solution for you.
Kori,
Sorry I can't offer suggestions on the van! I saw your thumbnail in the comments section on my blog and thought you were a teenager! Oh, you lucky woman to look so youthful!
I admire your strength and faith. A friend of mine (still in her 20's) recently was diagnosed with colon cancer that had already spread. She has two young children and has been busy keeping up with them and also getting her medical treatment. They've moved closer to family in Idaho so she could have some help. So far, she's doing great and the treatments seem to be working.
I'll keep you and your sweet family in our prayers! Enjoy DISNEY!
Eileen
looks like you got help.. I am excited for you all. WE took our suv down there, but I would not drive it again for the life of me, I will pay the 1 million to fly.. 7 kids in car for 14 hours.. NO thank you.
I was going to suggest Priceline too. I agree that some of the mid size cars are roomier and are less than a van. And no do not buy their insurance or any thing else they want to sell you.
I know ya'll are going to have a great time.
Ugh, car rentals are SO expensive! We rented a large SUV for our wedding day (and the weekend) and ended up shelling out like $300...ridiculous! So I feel your pain! I hope people have some good suggestions for you!
hotwire.com
Thank you for your comment and your prayers it means a lot to me Kori! Keep em' coming
Does anyone have a minivan you could borrow for the week? Trade them your mustang for their bigger vehicle, and then maybe offer to pay them a little something for wear and tear?
Post a Comment