Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm here somewhere

So this is like the 4th day that I have come here. Staring at this screen. Contemplating what to say. Trying desperately to put my feelings into words.

I keep coming up empty.

I want you all to know that I have read every single comment, every email, every IM and every Blog asking for prayers for myself and my family.

It has been very overwhelming to say the least.

I have been amazed by the love I have felt and been shown from complete strangers through this blog of mine.

I am truly beside myself.

You all continue to amaze me with your outpouring of love and kindness for the 4 of us in this family of ours.

Thank you just doesn't seem sufficient enough to express the way that my heart feels.

I still don't know anything.

I did call the Nurse today, they do have the report back from the Ultrasound but not the Mammogram.

She wouldn't tell me anything.

She said she had to wait for the complete report before she could give me any information.

She said she was going to try to track down the results and call me back.

She didn't call.

Maybe tomorrow.

So I wait some more.

I know that my posts and my comments are lacking.

Sorry.

I needed some time.

I know that I don't know what this is yet but, I feel like I have looked at it from all sides and I am ready for whatever it is.

So I wait and pray.

Waiting and Praying seems to be the story of our lives.

43 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.
Angela

Heather said...

Kori, you know that we are thinking of you, lifting you up on the wings of our prayers.

Thanks for letting us know you are alright. Relatively speaking.

Stephanie said...

As always, I love you. Prayers always. Ears ready. Or fingers. You know what I mean.

Ok that sounded dirty...BUT what I mean is, I am here :)

Kristin said...

Praying with you...

Doran & Jody said...

Prayers, prayers, coming your way.
And here is an air hug!!!

Britt said...

Totally understandable, sweetness. Take your time. We're all waiting and praying with you =-)

Krissi said...

Kori,

My mother has talked about your blog since she came upon it a few months back and today I happened to find it thru blog stalker. Please know that you are in our prayers and thoughts and if there is ever anything that we can do from here in Arkansas we will gladly drop everything to help in any way we can.

All our prayers and support
Krissi Lindy (and my mom who can't comment since she doesn't have a blog here) Pat Chamberlin

Anonymous said...

Still praying, then praying some more!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Waiting and praying with ya Kori. You're not anywhere alone!

Kensi said...

thinking of you and praying for you!

MarciaBrady said...

Kori, there is no need to apologize!! I'm praying that the news you get is good news!!

You know the saying...no news is good news, right?!?!

Michelle said...

Still praying for you hon. You take the time to need. It was good to hear from you.

Laura said...

hugs!

Tiffany said...

You know you are never far from my thoughts and always in my heart.

Elena said...

The waiting is the worst part. Here's hoping the time will go quickly and that it will good news! I don't blame you for a taking a few days break, you deserve that for sure. Keep hanging on!

LarryG said...

"In times of greatest difficulty hold something lovely in your heart" Blaise Paschal

My prayer is for renewal in all things.

Loving you with the love of Christ.
Larryg

Young Momma said...

We all wonder and worry when you're absent - but don't apologize to us for not being here! All of us know you have a lot going on and you need time for yourself and time with your family. You're all in our prayers. I hope your results come back GOOD as soon as possible. Remember the number of women who have fibrosistic (sp) lumps is outrageous!
(((hugs)))

Oma aka Meme said...

SOFT AND GENTLE HUGS--
AND I AM PRAYING FOR PEACE AND REST
THE WAITING IS SO HARD= I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE SO MANY BLOG FRIENDS TO STAND WITH YOU-AND YOURS-- TIMES LIKE THIS ARE TIMES WHEN WE NEED EACH OTHER THE MOST........
WARM HUGS FROM MEME IN CANADA

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I'm still here. Hugs to you and your family.
Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Trish said...

waiting and praying with you!!

and please know that you never have to say sorry!!!

you are loved.

Julie said...

we have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Please know that we are all here when you feel up to coming back and talking to us. Hugs from afar... and praying

Kelli said...

More prayers and hugs. REALLY!!!

Runner Girl said...

You are strong in Him, now you just have to rest in it!

whoopsadasie said...

Still here, and praying for you and your family.

Lula! said...

I love you bunches. And praying, as per usual.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I do not understand why it takes them so long to read a mammogram. And waiting is just torture. My prayers keep on keeping on!

Aspiemom said...

I'm so sorry that you are having to wait so long. I will be praying for your results to come soon and that they will be GOOD results!

Gina said...

Oh the waiting is just the worst. Anxiously waiting with you.
Praying for you- lots of hugs coming your way.

Rene said...

I agree the waiting is the worst part! I'm continuing to pray for you Kori -- hang in there sister!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Waiting and praying for you as well!!

Funky Kim said...

Waiting is the worst. Everything else can be dealt with.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you Kori. We are still here...waiting with you....praying with you....thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.....I hope you get good news today!

Angela said...

Kori,

I have never met you, but you are my sister in Christ. I am keeping you in my prayers. And waiting with you. And sending you all the love in the world. Just know that whatever comes, He is bigger. He is mighty to save. And He WILL walk with you and carry you through whatever it is.

Love and prayers to you all!

"You come against me with sword and spear...but I come against you in the name of the Lord God Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel...for the battle is the Lord's."

Anonymous said...

Hi Kori,
I'm here by way of Krissi at Marvelous Misadventures. I really hate to hear that your family is going through so much. I admire your strength. It must be very hard. My prayers join so many others for you.

Kori said...

Prayers for peace.

jewelstreet said...

Big hugs! I hope today you will find out. Waiting is so hard.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Melissa said...

Love you, Kori. You know I do.

Praying Praying Praying.

"Lord, I don't know what to say. When I get down on my knees to pray.
The same old phrase come to mind, but You've heard them all a thousand times. It's not that it's untrue when I say, 'Lord, I love You', it's just that I want it to be more. More than words."

~Steven Curtis Chapman, More to This Life

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Waiting is hte worst, sending blessings your way.....♥

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You know you've got my prayers...and I know waiting can be hard.

In the mean time...I think it would be okay to harass the office just a bit to get the results expedited!

And, if not, you can still think about me up to my elbows in poo....just saying!

Brandy said...

I know it's hard but you have so many friends praying for you. Including me.

Keep positive! I'm waiting with you to hear the good news!

Betty said...

Thinking of you and praying for you!