Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family Reunion

I'm sure we have all had times when we have missed our family something terrible. And then when you get to see them after a while it is just a great experience.


Well that's how it was for us today. You see we haven't been to Church in almost 3 months due to the way the Hubs has been feeling. The boys still go all the time just without us.


But today was another "feel good day" for the hubby so we got to go. It was the best. Our Church Family is beyond amazing.


We have been a member of Sharon Heights for almost 6 years now. From our very first visit we have felt nothing short of love.


These people are our family in so many ways. They love, encourage and pray for us daily without question. They call, come by and send cards just to let us know that they are thinking of us and miss us just as much as we miss them.


They send messages through the boys like "tell your Mom and Dad I love them" You have know idea what this does for ones heart.


We are beyond thankful that God has put us at Sharon Heights cause He knew all along where we belonged.


Sunday School was wonderful. I love our class and our teacher KB, he is just an awesome, awesome guy and we are so blessed to be able to have a friend and brother like him. His wife L is someone I know I can count on for anything like coming all the way from the other side of the Church just to let me know she is there for me and to give me a hug. (so proud of you for not crying with me today. Love you guys)


Church service was nothing less than a true blessing. Many thanks to Pastor J for always keeping it real. We just adore our Pastor our friend.


Of course with every hug I cried. Not to worry I did wear my water-proof mascara and was armed with plenty of kleenex. I loved every minute of it. These good days are priceless and I pray God gives us many, many more.


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:6,7

21 comments:

angi_b72 said...

Another good day!! How great for you guys...a wonderful weekend!!

Stephanie said...

awwww this makes me sooo happy!!!! Im glad you have such a loving church family! It really makes all the difference!!

Christy said...

yea!! two good days in a row! And so awesome that you got to go somewhere that makes you feel so loved!

Laura said...

So glad to hear you rejoicing!

Becky W said...

Rejoicing for good days! Aren't church families wonderful! We had a wonderful day and a surprise with ours today as well!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I know it does your heart good to have a church family like that. Glad you and Richard were able to make it there today.

Ronda's Rants said...

Yeah for a good day!!! I am glad you were able to be with your church family. Give Richard a hug and tell him I am thinking and praying for both of you! Lot's of love!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I love church, and I'm so glad all of you got to go today!

Brandy said...

Sounds like this weekend was a huge pick-me-up to your spirits! What a great way to start a new year...I hope the good days continue for a long time.

Shannon said...

Woohoo! Another Happy Day!

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it

MarciaBrady said...

I love days like that too! I've actually been searching for a home church for a while now. I miss not having one. I am needing to find one! I know I will in due time.

So, this has been nice talking to other Christians and being there for each other.

I'm so glad Richard has been feeling better! YAY!!!

Kristin said...

Church families really do make all the difference, don't they? :) Glad you have a fabulous one!

Anonymous said...

So happy you were able to attend church services! To me, going to my church is always like coming home. I know I am welcomed with open arms, and it is so meaningful, even if my fellow church-goers don't know. God Bless!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad y'all have had good days and I'm glad y'all felt like going to church......it's so special to be a part of a group that makes you feel so loved.

Have a Great Monday!

Aspiemom said...

I found your blog through "Cure CF for Reilly". I have CF, also (age 48!).

I'm glad your husband had a good day so that your family could go to church together. I know what that's like. My family seems to go w/o me more than with me, or maybe it just seems that way.

I'm glad you have such a supportive church family. I know that can make a world of difference!

Lula! said...

Having a wonderful church home is a blessing I will never take for granted. I'm glad God has placed y'all there...you're exactly where He wants you, even when you're not able to go as often as you'd like. He knows...He understands...of course!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Yep. What Lula said :-)

I am so glad that you all had a "normal" day. One that so many of us take for granted.

Melissa said...

So glad you all got to fellowship.

Tell Richard I'm so glad he's had some good days.

Love you all....:)

Betty said...

I´m so glad you had another good day! And that you have such a church that stands behind you. It is something to cherish!
Hope your husband continues to have a good week!

BBB said...

Yeah for a good church family! And bigger yeah for another good day!!!!

LarryG said...

there is indeed something extra special about the love of the Lord.
Having that inside makes the difference. You are so blessed to be a blessing!