Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Buh-bye ~ Later ~ C-ya 2008

WoW the end of another year.

I have to admit I am glad to see this one pass.

2008 will always be the year that we were told it was back, Stage 4 colon cancer and that it was incurable.

2008 will always be the year that changed our lives.

2008 will always be the year that I had to tell my children that their Hero would one day leave us, a lot sooner than we wanted.

2008 will always be the year of Chemo, scans, needles, tons of different Doctors, nassuea, pain, rashes and helplessness.

2008 will always be the year that life was given a time limit.

2008 will always be the year we celebrated 8 years of marriage.

2008 will always be the year that I cried an ocean's worth of tears.

2008 will always be the year that my son stood in front of his class at School the week before Thanksgiving and talked about God and His blessings.

2008 will always be the year that I heard my husband weeping late at night when he thought we all were asleep. I was not.

2008 will always be the year that I started blogging about this journey.

2008 will always be the year that we turned 46, 28, 12 and 9.

2008 will always be the year that I drove to Atlanta not once but twice to meet some incredibly amazing women that have continued to impact my life in ways they are unaware.

2008 will always be the year when I learned the outpouring of love, kindness and unbelievable generosity from strangers.

2008 will always be the year we were blessed by Angels.

2008 will always be the year that we learned not to waste anything.

2009 may not be any better than 2008. But we will continue on this path that has been laid out before us and to always give Glory and Praise to God for everyday he has and continues to give us.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

47 comments:

Brooks said...

I pray that 2009 is full of happy surprises and wonderful blessings for your family.

Stephanie said...

2008 was quite a year. I am so happy to have gotten to know you this year!

2009 will also be a quite a year. We all have a lot of things going on and I am so happy that we will be there for whatever 2009 has in store for us!

MarciaBrady said...

2009 will bring a new fresh start!!

I'm so glad I met you at Monday Madness and have gotten to know you a little! And, I hope we can get to know each other better over the next year!

I will continue to keep your family in my prayers!!

BBB said...

Fudge Buckets.

That's a phrase my mom (62) will allow me (36) to say around her when I'm frustrated. Apparently the "heck" that was okay when I was little, no longer is.

So fudge buckets... because while I want to say "Oh 2009 will be better" I can't say that I know that. And that SUCKS (my mom REALLY doesn't like that word)... because I want so badly to be able to promise that for you.

I figured out the other day why you are so special to me. Becuase you're my little sister. I have one - but she lives on the other side of the country. But she's just a year younger than you, and you both remind me SO MUCH OF each other. So I am having papers drawn up to officially adopt you. Okay?

So as your big sister, i want to protect you and fight your battles and just make life perfect... but I can't. And that sucks.

I DO know that 2009 will bring your wonderful trip to Disney... and I'm SO very excited for that time to come.

And I DO know that 2009 will be another year that I just adore you, and look foward to furthering our sistership.

And I DO KNOW that whatever happens in 2009, I will be here to love you and support you and do whatever you need me to do... cause I love you.

angi_b72 said...

you always make me cry!! I have to stop reading your blog at work!!! Here's to 2009!!!

Linda said...

I see so many beautiful things from 2008 in your post, even though some of them aren't pleasant, there is still blessing in there. Thanks for letting us share in your journey.

Kristin said...

2008...Kori,I am so glad I met you this year. A friend who I can laugh with and cry with; a friend who understands some of the heart ache. Praying that 2009 is filled with some AMAZING moments for you!

Kori said...

you have more grace, beauty, and faith in your pinkie than most if us do in our entire bodies. thank you so much for allowing us to be part of this journey with you.

Shannon said...

Lizzy took the words right out of my mouth.

Seriously.

Emily said...

Kori, God Bless you all. I am without words.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh Kori,
Big "Later" to 2008 and BIG Prayers and Good Tidings wished for 2009!

Melissa said...

Kori, you continue to blow me away with your perspective. Even though I pray for you and adore you, I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this has been for you and your family. I do pray for a better 2009. God only knows. Love you and can't wait to see you all in March (?) or April (?). That will be a good thing 2009 will bring.

Young Momma said...

That was an amazing post that definitely puts things into perspective. I hope that everything is so much better in 2009. I know that you all still have a long road ahead of you, but I just pray that it's easier than the one you're leaving behind.

LarryG said...

Lifting you up to the one who can truly make a difference. May you feel the love of our Lord today and every day.
Happy New Year!
May 2009 lift you up in wonderful ways!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Yeah...what Lizzy said :-)

Love you Kori...

Finding Normal said...

I'm just going to 3rd or 4th Lizzy's wisdom. I wish wish wish I could say 09 will be easier for you and your family. And I pray it will be. But know that no matter what happens, I'll be right here, cheering for you and crying for you and lifting you up in prayer. Love you!

Michelle said...

God Bless you and your family in 2009 and all that it holds for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kori, you didn't put a tissue warning on this one. :*-( You are so strong, so loving, so generous. Your family is blessed to have you!!

whoopsadasie said...

Oh Kori...I do hope that 2009 brings you more blessings than you can handle! Keep the faith!

Ann Harrison said...

Many blessings for a joyous New Year Kori and family.
Each day is a gift, for all of us.

Aubrey said...

Crap. You had my crying. What a year it was.

May your 2009 be blessed!

Kristen Andrews said...

I pray that 2009 will bring miracles to your family Kori.

Tiffany said...

Kori... geez woman! I am, again, a blubbering idiot.

Here is to a 2009 full of family, hope, memories and love.

LOVE YOU!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I hope that somehow, some way, 2009 is better for all of you.
xoxo

Denyse said...

Praying that 2009 will bring you the desires of your heart...

Winifred said...

Here's wishing you and your family health and happiness in the years to come. You don't need anything else do you!

Love to you all!

Robin said...

You inspire me with your faith. Even with all you have been through, you remember to give God the glory. Sometimes, believe me, that is hard to do. Sometimes, we let our human-ness come through.

I pray for a peaceful 2009 for you.

Thanks for following me. It always makes me feel good to find new friends out here!! =)

I see you are a Pearl Jam fan. I've always liked them too. I especially love 10. You should have been too young for the whole grunge thing; but, I, however, was smack in the middle of college for it. I wore my plaid shirts and baggy jeans often! Not the best fashion era, huh?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You never cease to amaze me! 2009 here we come.

I hope it brings you peace and blessings.

Anonymous said...

Kori - its been wonderful getting to know you through your blog. You are so strong - you amaze me. Your faith is going to keep you going through 2009...and as all of these ladies said previously...we'll all be here on your journey.

May God bless you and your family in this New Year!!!

MaricrisG said...

Just dropping by to say Happy New Year. I do wish the year ahead brings wonderful blessings to you and your family.

Jennifer said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year Kori!! I know you've had such a rough year and I hope this new one is full of only good and happy surprises for you!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I'm without words. I had no idea it has been such a rough road for you in '08.
Here's hoping that '09 will be a year of hope and comfort for you and your family.
Happy New Year, Kori dear.

Mere said...

I'm praying for your miracle! I have faith you will be BLESSED this new year!! I always enjoy your blog! Hope you and yours had a Merry and Blessed Christmas and an ABUNDANTLY VICTORIOUS New Year!!

Love, Mere

Tam said...

TO 2009 and forward my friend!

Caroline said...

Kori, that was a beautiful post, even though some of the things on it were harder than I'll probably ever know. Because your perspective is on the Lord, you know that His mercies are new every morning. That doesn't mean the days won't be hard, but we DO know that He is faithful.

Praying for you sister!

Heather said...

Kori, I'm jumping on Lizzy's bandwagon along with Shannon and Kat in saying "ditto".

Your voice comes through in every post, so that we all feel as if we truly know you, even though we haven't met.

Our prayers are with you and your family every day. For peace. For comfort. For a bit of understanding, and a lot of God's love.

And a big 'ol AMEN from Gabe.

Could you hear it, all the way down in Alabama? 'Cause my ears are still ringing :)

Rick said...

Hello Kori, Forgiving me for being so bold, but I am doing a bit of blog surfing to tell people about giving away a free cartoon caricature drawn by me on my blog. No gimmicks - just my way of celebrating two years of blogging. Please click over and sign up for a chance to win. I'd be honored if you did.

Brandy said...

Here's hoping 2009 is everything you want it to be...and if it isn't then fart on it. We'll still be here to support you.

Happy New Year!

Runner Girl said...

Sending prayers and sweet peace your way, Kori.

Stand strong in the light of his unending love! And cry bucket loads of tears...they are being bottled in heaven!

Grand Pooba said...

Wow, you have quite the year behind you! I hope 2009 doesn't bring anything you can't handle! Next time I pray I will pray for your family. I'm sorry though, I don't know when that will be. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Good Riddance to '08! I'm so ready for '09!

AngiDe said...

Hey Happy Be-lated New Year! Hope you have a healthy and good 2009!

Angie
"Nana's Box"

FlipFlop Mom said...

Happy New Year!!!
Your post brought me to tears!!!
Keep your face towards heaven sweetie.. and feel the kisses from our sweet God... I have been blessed to find you in 2008! You have blessed many in 2008 and don't forget that!!

Anonymous said...

I hope & pray that 2009 will bring your family alot of happiness & peace. You are definitely an inspiration to us all!

WheresMyAngels said...

Happy New Years!

Megan said...

Here's to a 2009 filled with tons of happy memories!!!

Rhea said...

Happy New Year to you too!!