First off before I get to the report of what we found out today. I just want you all to know that I love you and we could definitely feel the prayers that you guys sent our way. Thank you.
The report from the Doctor was not good. This seems to be regular occurrence. ha
Ok sorry I shouldn't make jokes.
The report of the scan was not good. Richard has been experiencing some pretty bad back pain here lately. It is because some of the smaller tumors have come together to form a larger mass. This mass is pressing on his bowel. It is wedged in between the muscle and the bowl on the lower right side. So this is what's causing the pain.
The Doctor is going to have a conference with the Radiation Oncology team to see if Radiation would be an option. Although Richard has said that he doesn't see the point in doing the radiation simply because that is just one tumor and there are several others. Also there is a lot of risks involved with it being so close to the bowel. So we're just gonna wait and see. Richard says the pain isn't unbearable but he definitely knows it's there.
All of the others have grown a little we didn't expect a big difference in the growths since it has only been about a month since the last scan.
Also Richard has been suffering from a terrible headache that he has had for 13 days now. Sometimes the pain is so bad he feels nauseated. Nothing he has tried taking has offered him any relief. It is there when he wakes up and there when he goes to bed. All day everyday for the past 13 days.
So the Doc has scheduled him for an MRI next Friday the 19th at 8Am. Please remember this date. We are concerned but pray that it is nothing. Don't know when we will get results back. But I'm guessing it will be the next week and the Doctor will call us to give those results to us. So I will let ya'll know when I know.
The good news is that the Oncologist doesn't want to see Richard again till April 16th unless something happens between now and then. We will then repeat this process all over again.
It continues to be His plan for our lives and we will honor it and Praise Him for it.
Thank you guys again.
I think I am going to try and get my Christmas tree up today sense I am home. Maybe it will bring me out of this funk and make me feel the Holiday Spirit.
We'll see.











47 comments:
You are COVERED in prayer, my friend. All 4 of you. Continually, and without ceasing. It's the best gift I can give y'all.
Go put the tree up...I'll chat with you later, my dear.
It is a season of blessings and miracles. You are all in my constant prayer and I am sure many others out there as well. Enjoy the season, the lights the joy and most of all His love for you. ♥
Get your tree up and try to enjoy your time! You are in my prayers always!
Oh man. Prayers, prayers, coming your way!!
here's some holiday cheer being sent your way! keep your chin up!
You have a permanent place in my prayers as long as you need them.
Let me know if you need anything.
hugs and prayers
Wow. I truly don't know what to say. I will be praying for you all.
Continue to let your light shine before all me, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
You and your family are such a testimony of God's goodness, love, and provision. Thank you for continuing to share your story.
Sorry you didn't get better news. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers!
Hugs and BIG prayers Kori, to all of you!
Put on some Christmas music and get
the tree up, maybe even some hot chocolate also!
Maybe there were miracles sweetie... maybe the tumors were supposed to grow a lot more? Maybe you got through an intersection right before another car would have hit you. Maybe you woke up this morning covered in prayer and Loved to distraction by a Heavenly Father....
I know I got a miracle today. I got another day with you as my friend.
Put up your tree. Eat some cookies. And hand it all over. I have ya'll etched in my prayer list. Constantly thinking about you. All of you!
Enjoy the season!
Lifting all y'all up!
You are so loved :)
I will be waiting for the next round of results! Until then I will be praying for Richard's comfort!!
Love you all!
I'm sorry it was such a downer visit, Kori. :-(
Putting up the tree sounds like the perfect response to a yucky morning!!!
Throw in some hot chocolate with marshmallows with that.
Enjoy today- and put all the rest out of your mind for now.
Love you, girl.
So sorry the news wasn't better. I know you are hurting. We have been there and probably will be again sometime.
I pray that you can get your tree up and enjoy your family today...
We are gathering you in a group hug and sending prayers your way. We love you and yours and I know you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you!
It may not be today but it could be tomorrow...best I can say, is keep the faith my dear.
Hugs and prayer to all of you, hun!
Ahhh Kori, I'm so sorry there wasn't better news. Poor Richard dealing with so much pain, I'm so sorry. He has my prayers as do you all.
Get your Christmas tree up, sing some songs of praise, it may bring you out of the funk. I know it is so hard to live for the day and not for the future.
Your in my hearts and prayers.
Bless. We will continue to lift you up to God in prayer. May you feel His peace in your lives. I wish I could just make it all go away.
Prayers for you and your family!
Blessings to you!
Oh, Kori...
I'm sorry the news from the doctor was not good.
But I think your post title is so wrong...
You, your boys, your love for Richard, your faith... all miracles in my book.
So sorry it wasn't better news. But I'm with Lizzy, maybe there were unseen miracles. Yes, put up the tree and enjoy the season as best you can.
Continued prayers for your family.
Oh Kori ~ I will continue to pray for your family. I'm sorry this wasn't better news for you. Maybe there is one more miracle up there for you...I'm hopin!
Hugz,
Michele
Thinking of you guys!
I offer my prayers to you and your family. You (most obviously) have His word hidden in your heart. May you all have a blessed holiday season even in the midst of this pain. In His Love, Michelle
Aw hang in there hon! I wish it had been better news, but at least you are surrounded by people who love you!
I think about you every day. I hope Richard feels better soon.
"And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm." ~Casting Crowns
There is so much wisdom in this song and they say it so much better than I can. I thank God for your friendship, Kori! You are a true friend and I adore you. I'm still praying that the God who rolled the stone away from the empty grave, will bring total, complete healing to Richard.
With God, all things are possible.
Kori,
I am cj, the purple diva's twin.
Sorry it wasn't better news today. We don't always understand Heavenly Father's plan for us. I know he is aware of you and what you are going through. He loves you all and will only give you trials that he knows you can handle. Keep your faith...modern miracles still happen!
{{{hugs}}}
May it comfort you to know that there are many who love you and are there for you during this difficult time in your life. Please know that there are many who are praying for your miracle.
I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
Hope some holiday cheer found it's way into your day.
Much love,
CJ
2 Cor. 1: 3-4, 6
3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
Thought about you all today. Wishing I had some great profound words that would make you feel better. Have been praying all along. Will continue to do so!
Sending love, prayers and hugs.
Love you.
I recently found your blog. It's amazing. The Angels who sent you your wonderful family trip and the Angels who pray here for you each day. :)
Your family was in my prayers last night. I hope this all gets better soon.
Oh dear. You are in my thoughts often.
(((Hugs)))
I'm sorry the news wasn't good. I was hoping that at least the tumors wouldn't have grown at all. I pray will continue to pray that a miracle happens. After all, we all need one or two in our lives.
I'm sorry you didn't get good news! Be strong and know that so many people do care!!!
I'm praying everyday!
I'm sending hugs and prayers your way!!
Big ((hug))! You´re in my thoughts!
Many prayers.
It's scary to hear the tumors are growing and causing back pain. And I hope his head pain isn't serious, that sounds awful. :o(
Hang in there.
Hi Kori!
I am just checking in, just got back from NYC tonight and you are on my mind and your family in my prayers as always!
Sending love and peace,
Emily
sending prayers Kori!
I hope that your tree is up.I am praying for your Dh.
I'm o sorry you're all going through this Kori. Wihing you lots of luck w/ the MRI today!!
Post a Comment