Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Emmanuel... God with US

I know I haven't blogged in a few days. Thank you guys for checking on us. I guess I just needed a break. A break to be able to comprehend the remarkable gift of this unbelievable trip (did ya'll see all those wonderful comments I think there's like 97 of them now. You guys really know how to make a girl feel special.) as well as the gifts that we have received in the mail. WOW!

I felt the weight be somewhat lifted off of my shoulders. I have paid all of our bills for this month except for 2. Which I plan on paying this Friday when I get paid. Then I will be done for the month. Another WOW!

I know that what we received was for Christmas. But without lights, water and food that's not much of a Christmas. I have done some shopping. Ok very little shopping. I plan on doing a little more this weekend. I have also come up with ways to cut back on family gifts. All my SIL's and BIL's are going to get a tin of homemade cookies. When I find the time to home make them.

Right now it is all about the boys. I want this to be a Christmas that will wipe out all the bad memories 2008 has held for us. Because quite frankly it has pretty much sucked. The trip to Disney couldn't have come at a better time. Even though we are waiting until March to go. It is the greatest Christmas present we could have ever received.

On Tuesday we will be going to meet with Tonya. She is a professional photography that has agreed to take pictures for our family just because she wants to do this for us. So that our memories will live on in the pictures she will take. She is wonderful and I am beyond thankful to her for such a gift as this. And she blogs. yep she's my kind of gal alright. Don't worry I will be sure to share them with all of you.

I have been very emotional lately. The outpouring of kindness and love for our family from people that we don't know has been a remarkable humbling and unbelievable experience. I am still pinching myself over it all. I knew that angels existed, I just didn't know they were this close.

God is So Good all the time., all the time.


All that is within me cries
For YOU alone be glorified.
Emmanuel... God with us.

I have also been a little more emotional because of Richard's up and coming scan on Thursday. I don't know why. It's all somewhat routine to us now. It just doesn't get any easier. Getting there at 6am for labs then the scan at 7 then we see the Doctor at 8 and hold our breath while he delivers the news. Please pray for some kind of good news. Whether it just be that the tumors stayed the same and that there is no new growths.

Emmanuel... God with us. And He is GOOD!

33 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, Kori! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I can't wait to try those cookies! They sound delish!!

Michelle said...

Bless you and your family hon. It makes me tear up again, reading your words and just knowing that there are good people in the world. Good luck to you and your family. Good luck on Thursday. I will pray for you and Richard.

Just a tip, when you go to Disney, see if they still have the Photo Passport. It is the best. You get a little card and throughout all the parks there are photographers everywhere, even at a lot of the character greetings. Give them the card to scan each time and at the end of your week you can have all the photos burned to a CD. We went in 2006 and it was $100 for the CD but we had like 100 pictures. It is cheaper than buying the pictures from them, then you can download for personal use when you get home. Check their website, it may have info. It is so worth it. Sorry to go one forever, just had to tell ya.

angi_b72 said...

keep us posted about Thursday and good luck !! Prayers!

Lula! said...

"We are free in ways that we never should be...sweet release from the grip of these chains..."

That is what it's all about, my friend. It's what the world needs. It's what most of them don't know about. It's what I see in YOU. Regardless of anything this world throws at us, we are FREE.

"The debt is paid, these chains are gone..."

Oh, Kori. We are blessed. And bless you for sharing this with everyone.

"All that is within me cries, for You alone be glorified..."

Amen.
I love you!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh Kori,
God is so good and I know this will be the best Christmas for ya'll because of the love and prayers we all have for your family! I'm sure those pictures will ROCK!! Big prayers for Thursday!

Lori said...

i am thinking of you guys!

Brandy said...

I will be continue praying for you and wishing for good news on Thursday. It sounds like you were blessed at just the right time.

I can't wait to see the gorgeous pictures you guys take. Cause I know you will post them for us right?

And if you need inspiration for those cookie tins just visit the giveaway comments...all kinds of cookies noted there! Some I've never heard of like potato chip cookies. (And I saw some cute Christmas tins at the $1 over the weekend!)

Anonymous said...

You make my heart happy friend :)

I just feel that I have been led to people just like you, to uplift me continually, to inspire me always, and help me learn to remember and to let God help me.

I just love you and your family, I pray for you always, and I thank you for being Kori, my friend...you are wonderful!

Michelle said...

I am so with you, I'll be praying about the appt. In Christ...Michelle

Kristen Andrews said...

thinking about you Kori! Thoughts are prayers are w/ you guys.

Christy said...

I'll be thinking about you all day on Thursday...you'll be meeting the doctor about the time I get up (with time difference)

Shannon said...

I am so glad that some of your burden has been lifted... you guys continue to be in my prayers.

I checked out Tonya's photography... she is great! I can't wait to see your photos!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am so glad that ya'll are doing family pictures. Pictures are just so important! And what Heather's-sister said...yep...you need to do that!

I'll keep praying. Especially on Thursday...

Aubrey said...

God IS Good. Amen.
My fingers & toes will be crossed and I'll be praying for you all.

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm praying hard that the news will be good on Thursday.

Much love.

Linda said...

I'll keep praying for you all, and I'll keep checking in. Can't wait to see your new photos. Blessings to you all.

Kristin said...

Praying...

Caroline said...

I'll be praying for you and for Richard's scan on Thurwday.

"Yet amid all these things (suffering, affliction, tribulation, calamity, distress, persecution, hunger, destitution, peril, sword), we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS and gain a surpassing victory through Him who loved us." Romans 8:37 (Amplified)

Love you.

KimmyJ said...

So glad you are back. We will be praying without ceasing!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Prayers for God's healing hand to be laid on Richard and a miracle!

BBB said...

I'm SO excited about your photography session!! I can't wait to see how they turn out!

You know we'll be praying tomorrow...

MarciaBrady said...

I think the homemade cookies is a great idea. I'm doing the same thing! Who doesn't like sweets? And, I can't wait to see your photos. That'll be fun!

I'll keep the scan in my prayers!!

Megan said...

Thoughts and prayers for good news on Thursday.

Betty said...

My thought and prayers are with you!
However the outcome of the exam, you know HE is with you!
Live one day at a time!

Kori said...

I can't tell you enough how amazing I think you are, and how glad I am that you have all been so blessed.

Anonymous said...

I woke up Monday and thought, Did Richard have his scan today? Or is it later this week. I will think good thoughts for you tomorrow. I'm usually awake now at 2 a.m. (6 a.m. your time), so I'll send them right on time!

Connie said...

Kori, yes, God IS good - all the time. Sometimes, life around us is unbelievably challenging, and it's hard to see God in all of it - but continued faith in God's control in our lives keeps us steady.

I've not commented on your blog before, but I happened upon it - my cousin blogs, and has your blog listed as one of her fave's. She has ovarian cancer.

We (my husband and I) will commit to praying for you, Richard, and your family. I believe in the power of prayer. My grandma (my cousin's grandma, too), had a plaque on her kitchen above the door - it hangs above my closet now. It simply says, "Prayer changes things." So we will pray.
For healing, for direction, for peace, for hope, for endurance, for strength, for a memorable Christmas, and a new, blessed 2009.

Thanks for sharing.

Connie
conniescapers.blogspot.com

Winifred said...

This must be the best Christmas present ever. Fantastic memories to cherish.

Night & God Bless

Heather said...

Kori, Gabe and I will be praying loudly, 'cause it's what we do best. Although his latest prayer is "God is great, God is good, and we thank Him for this food. Amen", no matter what the occasion, be it mealtime or bedtime.

I know God knows the prayers of our hearts, no matter how it comes out of our mouths.

I know you are humbled thinking of everything people have given you this holiday season, but you have also given a lot of yourself to us, through the words of your blog and comments. Your voice is so full of hope and love; I really admire that about you.

Please keep us posted, if you're able. We love you, girl, truly we do.

Rhea said...

I'll be praying for good news.

Finding Normal said...

I'm praying right now for good news and strength for all of you.
Love homemade cookies! Easiest ever--peanut clusters. Take 15 minutes, at the most...
melt a package of white candy coating/bark in the microwave. Stir in a pkg chocolate chips until they melt. Then stir in a small can of peanuts. Drop by the spoonful on waxed paper and dry. YUM! Super rich!

Christy said...

I am praying for your family. You are truly remarkable.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Bless you all.
xoxo