Oh I have believed in you and your magical wonder since the very beginning. I knew that Christmas was very special because we had to go take family pictures just for the occasion.

I was some kind of excited. Mom and Dad were the best at telling stories about the reindeer that pulled the sleigh and the jolly man with a great big tummy who carried a sack that never ran out of toys for every girl and boy that worked so hard all year at being very good.
I was pretty nervous the first time we met. However I didn't cry.

I have continued the magical wonder of you in my own children. We make home-made cookies for you every year. And you don't get milk here, you get egg nog with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Jacob once worried about you eating all those cookies and thought you would like a piece of gum for in between stops. You took it and left him a note in your magical Santa writing. The look on his face that morning was priceless. Calob once ate the crumbs of cookies off the plate simply because he thought they would make him just as magical as you. It didn't. And that was ok with him he knew that their could only be one Santa.
Things have been tough this year for our family. I lost a lot of sleep over this. I have worried and wept and prayed to the one that really matters. I know you know this. Christmas hasn't been as joyful for us. We haven't been able to go and get all the things the boys have wished for. My sweet boys understood when we talked to them about this. I am glad.
But Santa you had a different plan for us didn't you? Oh yes you did.
Your elves have sent several wonderful gifts for the boys. Clothes, toys and even some gift cards. I am truly humbled Santa.
Oh yes I know that Christmas isn't about the gifts or the giving. It is about Christ. He has truly blessed us.
Thank you Santa for sending your elves.
Still Believing,
~K~












27 comments:
What a sweet letter. You have a sweet family, Kori, and I'm so glad people have pulled together to bring you guys a little relief during a tough time. :o)
Adorable photos from the past, btw! You were a cutie!!
I love the spirit that is St. Nick. Love the good that it brings out in others. And that giving can be its own reward. I am sooo glad that you and your family were so blessed this holiday. And your story helps to spread this love. And belief in the power and good of my fellow man.
great letter Kori!! Hang in there girl!!
That was a beautiful letter.
I pray that things will start to get better for you and Richard. I'm so glad that Santa's elves were able to make you smile!
Elves have been coming our way too, Kori, God bless you all, Michelle
Best letter to Santa. EVER.
Lovely, dear .. You've got me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside with holiday love and joy. ;o)
Hugs to you all!
So sweet! I am so happy for you all and I hope you enjoy your beautiful family this Christmas season!
Even with a cute Santa post, you manage to bring tears to my eyes.
What great elves Santa has! I'll bet Gabe could hear Jesus in their hearts for sure!
Have a blessed day with your family!
I love your letter! You're right gifts aren't what Christmas is about. But believing that He will provide, whether through angels or elves is.
This is the sweetest letter to Santa ever.....I hope you have a wonderful Christmas....I'm sure you will just because YOU know the real meaning of Christmas!
Stopping by from Louisiana. The secret santa idea is great! That was awesome that you took the time to coordinate that. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Sweet thoughts! Thank you for doing the Secret Santa. I had a blast and my partner's package should arrive on Wednesday!
Do you think there will be a time when I come visit you and not leave in tears. Geez.
This is what Christmas is all about.
That was the best letter to Santa I have ever read! Thanks for sharing that with all of us.
Thanks also for coordinating the Secret Santa. I had a good time doing it!
Glad to hear that Santa and his elves know where you are. I am sure there will be LOTS more where that came from! Hang in there. We are praying for you!
Your letter was so sweet.
I am so happy to hear that there are wonderful elves out there who want to make your Christmas a happy one.
I know there are many people who love you and want the best for you and your family.
Keep believing.
♥CJ♥
Santa is the best, isn't he?
Kori, I'll keep your family in my prayers. You are the sweetest people and truly deserve all the happiness in the world!!:)
Also, thank you so much for organizing the secret santa shin dig! You should be receiving a little thank you treat from me in the mail within the next couple of days!
Kori that is just the sweetest letter! You always seem to say things just sooooo right!
What a sweet post! And great photos!
Kori,
You are a great lady! I'm thankful that the Lord has blessed your family. He has blessed mine also this year. Thanks for doing the Secret Santa Shindig, it was a blast. I can't wait to see what I get in the mail in the next few days. Wishing you lots of love and hugs this holiday season, and throughout the new year.
Hugs from Georgia,
Amy ;)
Santa knows and I think the thing to do is ask Santa to join in on the prayers, in addition to the normal routine, cause I think sometimes he does.
" In all their distress "He" too was distressed," Isaiah 63:9a
I love seeing the photo's.
As always prayers!
Christmas is about giving dear one. And you and your family have been truly blessed. One day you will do the same for someone.
awww that is SO sweet!! I am so glad to hear this!!! Good things happen to Good people my friend :)
Hey I am passing along some Christmas joy to you - link over here.
Christmas Award
Don't feel compelled to worry with the "rules" this is for you to receive! And may the Spirit of the one who is truly Christmas come upon you and abide!
Merry Christmas - Peace on Earth
Amen.
And I love you bunches...
Post a Comment