Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dreaming of The Lion and The Lamb

So as I was fixing to go get my shower. I walk by Calob's room and what do I see him sleeping with his school clothes still on, hoodie on and reading none other than...



His hand was still on his page he was reading when his eyes closed.

My boys love to read. Especially Calob. There are 2 bookmarks in this book because both of the boys wanted to read it.

Just thought my fellow Twilight Fans would appreciate this picture.

32 comments:

Tracy said...

Awwwwwwwwwww sweet picture.

Molly and Tiff went this past weekend and saw the movie Twilight, they really liked it.

Hope you're having a good night.
Love,
Tracy

Mamarazzi said...

my 13 yr old daughter is dying to read those books. i need to read them first though, just to make sure its allll good.

Lula! said...

So. 100%. Fabulous.

You have the best boys ever.

And you said, "Fixing to," and you know how I feel about that. I say it every day, hundered times a day. My non-southern friends are all, "'Fixing?'" Yes, FIXING TO. As is, "About to." Duh.

Letti said...

That is adorable. Did you take them to see the movie?

Melissa said...

That is cuteness at it's very best!

Anonymous said...

haha he looks so cute :) I did this often when i was his age too..

heck i still do!!

so very cute :)

Laura said...

Kewl! Happy reading, Boys!

Lori said...

nothing better than kids reading books! love it! looks like me when i go to bed and try to read!

how are things with you kori? sending sunshine your way!

Devri said...

My kids love to read, unlike me...

I won't let them read twillight just yet though...

Anonymous said...

Awww....sweet!!!

They have good taste!!! ;)

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I have a friend whose older boys, (16 and 14) read the books and went to the movie so they could figure out the girls psyche. They consider this research. I had to laugh at that one, good for them on trying to figure out why all the women are going ga ga....

I loved the medalions that you had made for the boys. I was truly touched by that. Sending blessings your way.♥

Tam said...

AWWWWWW LOOK at that!!

Heather said...

That.Is.Awesome.

I took Isabel to see the movie last weekend, and she loved it. I think I'll read it out loud to her and Elijah after we finish Nancy Drew.

Amazing how many different generations this book appeals to, isn't it?

BBB said...

LOL.... I just love that he fell asleep reading... Essie does that all the time, so we have to be careful about the weight of the book she's reading as to not cause damage.

Kristen said...

Found you through Making Memories' blog. After reading a bit, I have a feeling you are quickly going to become one of my favorites! And it's too funny that your son fell asleep reading Twilight. I just finished the series and the only male in my house (my hubby) just doesn't get it--even after seeing the movie with me. Glad to see it's crossing generational and gender boundaries in your household!

Britt said...

Aw, sweet guy! I do that all the time .. causing much drool damage and crinkly cheeks.

All totally worth it for a book like Twilight :o)

Jennifer said...

Awww! I haven't read the books yet--but it's so cute that he is!!

Valerie said...

Dang that reminds me of my daughter when she was little. She loved books. Got it from me I believe. Now my little one year old grandbaby will walk around his house carrying a book of his own.

He looks so precious in your picture. Makes you just want to scoop him up and hold him.

LarryG said...

just like something my boy would do!
he loves to read... falls asleep with clothes, books, glasses, lights on, the works!!!
They are so wonderful!

Melissa Lee said...

So I'm reading your blog today thinking, "Kori, Kori, Kori...what was I supposed to do for Kori? What did I need to do? What am I forgetting?"

And then I remembered.

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Corn

2 cans corn (drained)
1 pkg cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
2 cups shredded cheese (I like the mexican blend kind)
chopped jalapenos, to taste

Combine corn, cream cheese, and butter in a bowl. Microwave a few mintes to melt. Stir in as many jalapenos as desired. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Sure it's a little past Thanksgiving...but who says you can't eat fattening corn casserole any stinkin' night of the week. So here's to ya!!

Love to you,
Melissa at Stretch Marks

Kristen Andrews said...

I need to start reading the Twilight books!

FlipFlop Mom said...

toooo cute!!! LOVE IT!!

Rhea said...

I saw fixin' to also. All the time.

I'm impressed your boys are reading it. Do they like it? I would think it's more of a girlie book...

I should get my son to try it though. He's currently reading the Harry Potter series. FINALLY.

Caroline said...

Nice.

Finding Normal said...

Crack up!
And Melissa Lee? That is going in my recipe book now!

Anonymous said...

Your sons ROCK. Seriously!!!

Michelle said...

That is so freakin' cute. He is my new BFF.

Anonymous said...

I Followed links from SITS sites to find you. Nice blog.

The pic of Calob and *sigh* Twilight is awesome! Aren't kids great...so entertaining. :)

Young Momma said...

That's adorable! I love that he's reading Twilight!!! :)

jennifersusan said...

My teenage son is reading Twilight too! He knows my rules about saying something "sucks", and he knew he couldn't say the book "sucked" unless he read it first. So, he picked it up and said, "mom, I'm gonna read this so I can tell you I hate it and that it's horrible". It's been a week and so far...he really LIKES it.

Mandy said...

I LOVE Twilight! I cannot wait until my son is old enough to read it (and the Harry Potter books!!). It is so great that your kids love to read...

Kristy said...

aww how kewl! i love it that boys and guys enjoy the books as much as us girls and ladies do!