Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Jacob!

12 years ago on December 29, 1996 I was 16 and now I was someone elses Mother. I was scared but oh so excited of what the future would hold for us both.
We certainly had a lot of growing up to do.

You were the most beautifully handsome baby I had ever laid my eyes on. You were mine.

Your smile melted my heart and your laugh was contagious.
When those big brown eyes looked into mine... It was love.
And when Calob came, you were ecstatic. You were the best Big Brother.
You always wanted to snuggle with him.

I can only hope that ya'll will always remain as close as you are now.


You always knew how to bring a smile to my face with some of the sweetest gifts.

No matter how big you get... my baby you will always be.

We are so lucky to have you as our son. You are turning into a wonderful young man.

Daddy and I love you so very much.

Happy 12th Birthday Jacob.

The following is the letter we got in my stocking on Christmas morning along with a frog that Jacob made and sewed himself in home-ec.

It's really sweet and it made me cry of course. But when I got to the part and his obnoxious brother the tears were because I was laughing hysterically. I also love the fact that he calls me and the hubs love birds. That kid cracks me up everytime.

He is our son and there's nothing better.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww that was the sweetest post!!!! :) and I LOVE the pictures!!

Lori said...

ohhh, you brought tears to my eyes! your kiddos are so lucky to have you!
happy birthday jacob!

Laura said...

What a GREAT post!! Happy Birthday Jacob!

Shelley said...

LOL. The obnoxious brother part is so funny. My boys act just like that. Great pics. Your little men are really handsome.

angi_b72 said...

HAppy Birthday Jacob!! That made me tear up as well!!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet!!!! Happy Birthday, Jacob!!! You keep on being the gem you are to your mom and dad!!!!

Finding Normal said...

What a sweet post! Happy birthday to your little man!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday to your first baby boy!
What a lovely letter!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jacob.

What a darling boy. Love the letter and the picture with the peace sign. What a cool dude.

A mom at 16. Wow. Looks like you have done a great job!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Jacob !

Anonymous said...

I came to your blog via Scargosun. What a beautiful post. What a privilege it is to be a mother. My son younger son was 7 on 18 December and it still feels like yesterday that he was born.

hulla

Young Momma said...

Happy Birthday to your son! So exciting! What an adoooooorable baby he was (is)!!!!!

Ronda's Rants said...

Happy Birthday Jacob...What a sweet card! You have a wonderful family and I hope you have a very Happy New Year and that God blesses you always!

Michele said...

Awww Kori ~ what wonderful boys you have! I cried too when I read the card...those are the best presents ever. I've saved every one that I ever got!

Hugz,
Michele

BBB said...

Seriously - could you be any more amazinger?? Happy Birthday Jacob, and happy Mommy Anniversary, Kori.

MarciaBrady said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday Jacob! Love the card in your stocking!

Elena said...

Too cute! Homemade gifts from the kids are the best! What a cute baby and little boy he was. Fun to see those old pictures.

Melissa said...

That is hilarious. I love the fact that he sees you as love birds and he is okay with that. Ya'll are awesome and inspirational.

Love you.

Happy Birthday Jacob. I've heard good things about you. Keep on loving Jesus.

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Such a great post!

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...happy birthday sweet Jacob!

What a great post.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love it! Happy Birthday to Jacob!

And the love birds? Everytime Madalyn sees Michael and I together, she wants to know if we are having "a moment." :-)

KimmyJ said...

OMGoodness, what a doll baby! You were like me, a baby having a baby-I also recieved the gift of motherhood at age 16.

Britt said...

Aw, what a sweet little guy! I loved the part at the end where he calls you lovebirds .. and then comments on how funny he is.

I laughed so hard, I almost wee'd ..

Happy late birthday, buddy!

Emily said...

Oh Kori, what a beautiful tribute to your son!
His letters are so funny! I love that he calls you love birds. That is one true testament.

Kristen Andrews said...

Kori that is so sweet and Happy Birthday Jacob!

Lula! said...

You are the best mom in the world. Yes, you are.

WheresMyAngels said...

Happy Late Birthday!

What a sweet and beautiful guy you are!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

SO cute! Happy Birthday to him.

Shannon said...

Happy [belated] Birthday, Jacob :) Hope you had a great day!


Love the Christmas letter! Love birds, LOL!

Heather said...

I can't get away from your blog without tears in my eyes, from laughing, from crying, but usually from both.

Girl, you seriously rock. And clearly, so does that boy of yours!

Happy (belated) birthday, Jacob!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy Birthday!

FlipFlop Mom said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You're an amazing MOM!!!! and your son's are truly blessed to have you and hubby!!!!

Rhea said...

Awww, what a sweet birthday post!

I can't believe you were 16! I thought I was young at 19. Whew. You got me beat.