Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cards for Sidnei

Let me tell ya'll a story.
See this beautiful girl right here. This is my good Bloggy friend Stephanie.
If ya'll don't know her I recommend you go check out her blog.

The Road Less Traveled. It will truly touch your heart.

Stephanie and I talk quite often well that is if you consider IM'ing talking. But I do have her phone number just haven't called but we have texted a few times. Anyways. She is wonderful.

Stephanie has had to deal with a lot.

She married Sidnei on March 8, 2008 just 9 months ago.

They then went on their Honeymoon to St Thomas the very next day.


They were beyond elated to be married and enjoying their new life together.


But when they were ready to come home Sidnei was arrested at customs.

Stephanie was devastated and in shock. She had to get on a plane and come home without the love of her life.


You can read all about there story here, here and here.

This past weekend is the first time she has been able to go to Puerto Rico to see her beloved Sidnei in 9 months.

Her and I were talking yesterday and I asked if I could send Sidnei a Christmas Card. I know things have got to be hard on him being away from her. And I thought I could bring a little Christmas Cheer his way. Then I thought. Everyone can send Sidnei a Christmas Card and just blow him away by the outpouring of kindness we all have.


So if you would like to send Sidnei some Christmas cheer by sending him a card. I would be overjoyed and so would Stephanie. You can email her at

mrsdemiranda at gmail dot com

Also there is NO EXTRA POSTAGE required, unless your cards require some! Just put a regular stamp and send it on!! Puerto Rico is a US territory and USPS delivers there like continental US!

Thanks so much you guys.

25 comments:

KimmyJ said...

OMGoodness, what a sad story. I will be praying for a good outcome. I linked to you on my post today. Tissue warning, though.

LarryG said...

just the sort of "peace on earth" opportunity that you would jump in on!
way to go Kori, i will be getting a card in the mail to sidnei soon!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Hey Kori, I'll get a card in the mail as soon as I get the address. And if you don't mind, read my post for today cause I am doing something similar for a bloggy friend of mine!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Wow. How horrible for them. Sounds like she has quite the fight on her hands.

Brandy said...

You are so great to think of others! Poor girl-to have the happiest and saddest day of your life at the same time.

Shannon said...

I just read through her whole story...

UGH. I could not imagine...



I will be more than happy to send a card to Sidnei!

Lula! said...

I love this woman...I love her blog, too...

Anonymous said...

How did I get so lucky??? You are simply the best! Thank you and thanks everyone who is helping and participating! It means SO MUCH! I love you all!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I cried when I read her story and hope that soon they will be together again soon.

To answer your question about blog tags, look at your live traffic feed and you can see where people came from, if they came from a familiar site or from another link. I just kept seeing the same link of "Bill the Cat" and wondered what all the hub-bub was about. There is someone in another country that uses that to link to my site. Go figure.....

I am sending love your way and blessings. I am so elated that you will have the trip of your dreams in March. There are many angels walking amoung us.....

krissy said...

This is a story of true love. It is sometimes difficult but always worth it. Thank you for sharing.

I have something to send to you and need your address. Please email me at sdiver1973@unitelsd.com.

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am really loving yours! How awesome of you to think of sending Stephanie's husband Christmas cards! I will send him one! Come back and visit soon!!

Rhea said...

OMG, what a horrible end to a honeymoon! I'll have to stop by and read her story. I'm curious now.

My Secret Santa gift arrived today, and I"m going to post about it tonight!! It was awesome!

Megan said...

I'll have to go check out her blog. Sounds like a sad / interesting story!

I have an award for you on my blog.=)

La Pixie said...

I visited her blog. amazing story. its awesome of you to support her like this!

Aubrey said...

That is such a great idea! I have gone over and read her story before and can't imagine. So terrible! Hopefully he will get to come home to her soon!

Tracy said...

My Secret Santa gift arrived today, I love everything!
Thanks so much Kori for all your hard work getting this all together, I had so much fun.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are just too sweet to think to do something like this.

I already have his address...but no Christmas cards this year.

But, I'll send something when he least expects it!

LarryG said...

it's in the mail! thanks for the opportunity Kori!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kori you really ARE the sweetest woman I "know"!!! I'm going home to try to find a blank Christmas card tonight!!

Jenni said...

What a sad story!

Michelle said...

I have seen her blog before. Poor girl. That is so sad. I will send her an email.

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing, Kori!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

Her story is heartbreaking :(

Amy Kay said...

I put my card to Stephanie's husband Sidnei in the mail today. I hope they get to be together again soon. I am keeping them and you Kori and family in my daily prayers.
God bless,
Amy in Georgia ;)

AmberW said...

I too have been following her story! How heartbreaking, and what a GREAT idea to send Christmas cards!!!