Monday, December 22, 2008

Weight lifting

Richard spoke with the doctor today about the results of his MRI. It was clean there is no cancer in or near the brain. Praise God for he is Good. Although the headache is being caused by a serious sinus infection. With Richard having Cystic fibrosis the mucus that is in his lungs is real thick and sticky, yucky stuff. The same thing goes for the junk in his sinuses it too is thick and sticky. Alot of CF patients sometimes have to undergo sinus surgery to take care of the problem. So after the first of the year Richard will be going to see even more Docs to figure out what the best form of treating this will be.



I have to admit I have been sick with worry. Tears have flowed from my eyes so much it's a wonder I have any left to cry. So even thogh the news isn't great a huge weight has been lifted.



Yesterday the pain in his back was the worst so far. I contemplated a few times on taking him to the ER but he wouldn't hear of it. He did mention this to the Doctor today. Thankfully his Doctor is the one on call for the Holidays. So if it gets really bad again he wants us to go to the ER and have him paged. I don't really know what they will do. I'm guessing just give him some stronger pain medicines to help him tolerate it better. Oh I just don't know, all I can do is pray and I ask you to do the same.



Christmas was really stressing me out to no end. I wanted the boys to have the best Christmas ever because as much as I may try to not think about it. This may very well be Richard's last Christmas with us. I pray not and I have no way of knowing except by what the Doctor has said. After the year we have had and all the things they have had to deal with I just wanted it to be memorable and enough to erase the bad things and for them just to be overjoyed with excitement. Even though we surround them with love it is still very hard to know that it won't always be like this.



Thanks to many of you. Christmas will be wonderful for the boys. I can not thank you all enough for everything. I want you to know that without you guys Christmas was an impossibility for us to make happen. The only things I have been able to buy were the necklaces and a Wii game that Jacob wanted that I was able to find on sale for 20 dollars. That's it. These past couple of months have been tough. I am able to keep all the bills paid and current but other than that there is hardly any extra between what I make at work and Richard's disability check. It is pretty slim pickings around here when it comes to extras. The boys understood and then with the news of the trip to Disney. We were more than elated with that being our Christmas present. But alot of you had much bigger plans. I am truly humbled and I have been shown what Christmas is all about.



The outpouring of love and support has been remarkable. Thank you all so very much.

37 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your Christmas! May it be the best ever...you are in my prayers!

Beth said...

That's GOOD news about the MRI! Yay!
I will pray that the doctors continue to be blessed with the knowledge and skills to care for your husband.

May your Christmas be the most blessed and memorable Christmas ever. You all are in my prayers.

*hugs*

Linda said...

Praying for some wonderful memories to be made this Christmas!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Great news!

Merry Christmas!

Shannon said...

Oh, Kori... when I read your post title, I so hoped you meant it that way... that some weight has been lifted off you guys...

Such great news about the MRI results! God is good, indeed!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas... that a little bit of peace and joy fill your hearts this week!

xoxo

WheresMyAngels said...

Great news about the MRI!

Prayers that this is a wonderful holiday for you.

and thank you so much for doing the secret santa. I got mine in last monday but I lost my camera charger. I took my package to my sisters home yesterday and she is going to send me the photo's to post up.

Again, have a blessed Holiday and may Richard have relief from his pain.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Like I told you earlier - there is such joy in giving. And I will continue to pray. Comfort and joy - comfort and joy...

Melissa said...

Praying for you all. You are also on our church's prayer list. I feel so helpless sometimes and then God reminds me that He's the one in control not me.
Girl, you are such a blessing to me and I am so glad that blogging has connected us.
I know your boys will love Christmas. Even if the only thing they had was you and their daddy.
I'm so glad you all have some provision. Isn't God so intimate? Who are we that He should be mindful of us? What does He see, that's worth looking our way?
Love you Kori....:) Keep hangin' on.....Melissa

Kelsey said...

That's great about the MRI!

I pray that your family has the best Christmas ever and that it is everything and more that you want it to be.

Anonymous said...

Kori....I'm so glad the Cancer had not spread to his brain....this is really good news. I hope Richard can have a pain free Christmas!

I love seeing the spirit of Christmas at work in everyone...I'm so glad people who have extra were able to help your boys have an awesome Christmas! You and your family are very special and totally deserve it!

angi_b72 said...

I wish you the best Chritsmas ever!! Love and prayers!

Kristin said...

Kori: I love to see all that God is doing in your life from the good MRI results to the Christmas presents. God is good! Merry Christmas, Friend!

whoopsadasie said...

Great news about the MRI!

I will pray that the Lord will continue to give you the strength to endure all of this.

May you have the very best year for Christmas!

whoopsadasie said...

Great news about the MRI!

I will pray that the Lord will continue to give you the strength to endure all of this.

May you have the very best year for Christmas!

whoopsadasie said...

Great news about the MRI!

I will pray that the Lord will continue to give you the strength to endure all of this.

May you have the very best year for Christmas!

Lula! said...

Once again I sing to you...

God is so good
God is so good
God is so good
He's so good to me...and us...and you...and the boys...and Richard.

Amen.

I LOVE YOU!!!! We will chat soon.

LarryG said...

Does Richard use the sinus rinse kit they have at the pharmacy? I don't know if it's appropriate for him, but i have a friend that says it's the best thing ever.

Still lifting y'all up! Glad to hear good news!

Britt said...

So glad you had some good news this week! I'm praying for you!

"Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again, my Savior and my God!" Psalm 43:5

Hugs to all of you .. I'm praying for a merry Christmas, wonderful moments and memories to hold in your heart forever and ever, and so much love you may just burst from it.

Heather said...

The thing that I love best about God is how He uses people in our lives to help with His blessings. He totally could have done it Himself, but He used your friends to do it on His behalf. That way, He gets double the blessings. It's so good to receive, but just as good to give, when you're able. One day you will be on the giving side; I'm so glad you have been able to be on the receiving side at this time in your life. Your focus right now needs to be on your family. Which it obviously is.

Praise God for the good news on the MRI. He truly is so good, as Lula "sang" on her comment.

Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas, and store each and every moment up in your heart.

Michelle said...

Well, who ever thought a sinus infection would be good news. So happy for you. Keeping the prayers coming your way.

BBB said...

We're both learning alot about Christmas aren't we?

Jane In The Jungle said...

Merry Christmas Kori!
And sounds like it will be memorable for all of you!
Enjoy.

Tiffany said...

Merry Christmas, girl!!!! Enjoy every minute.

scargosun said...

So glad to hear about the MRI. I will be thinking positive thougths and sending out vibes of the same for you all.

Brandy said...

Those are great results from the MRI! I'm so happy to hear that and that a it's eased some of your worry.

Enjoy every minute of your Christmas together!

Julie said...

Praise God for the good news. We are rejoicing with you!

HUGS from afar

Winifred said...

Sinus can be so painful it's really frightening. Last time I had it badly and was sick with the pain so I couldn't keep any painkillers down. I began to think I was having a stroke or something.

The only thing that worked eventually was inhaling olbus oil.

I do hope you all have a lovely Christmas and many more together. Remembering you all in my prayers.

littlesack said...

just found your blog (from Angie and Randy). You really do have amazing strength. Like everyone else who commented, I'll put you and yours in my family tonight.

Christy said...

Thank God for the MRI results. I hope Richard starts feeling better soon. You have such incredbile strength and I can't imagine doing what you are doing without breaking. You are an amazing woman and Richard and the boys are lucky to have you in their lives. Have a good Christmas and know there are people thinking of you. =)

Finding Normal said...

I'm so relieved for all of you that it's "just" his sinuses. And that it's treatable. Addison is having sinus surgery after the New Year too. Good times.
I'm glad that Christmas is turning out to be a miracle for the boys. And you'll all continue to be in my prayers.
Many many hugs!

Rhea said...

I'm so relieved there is no cancer near his brain and that's it's just a bad sinus infection (although that's awful). Whew.

And you seem like such a special, neat person, Kori. I'm glad you're getting so much love and support.

jewelstreet said...

Merry Christmas, Kori!

Laura said...

Merry Christmas, Kori! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Merry Christmas to your whole family.

I'm glad the scan came back good (better than expected). I hope you don't have to go to the ER!

Dawn said...

Merry Christmas to you & your family. I hope Santa is good to all of you!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Such a wonderful blessing for your family at Christmas.
May this be the best and memorable Christmas ever.
Its so wonderful to hear how much your friends love you and your family! ♥hugs♥

Gina said...

Hey Kori!!
We are back from our Christmas trip so I've been trying to do a little catching up with my friends... I am soooo relieved to hear that Richard's brain is clear!! hooray!! I know that has had to have been such a huge worry of yours'- I can only imagine... also, the photographs that were taken of your family are so beautiful they made me cry!!! What an amazing treasure for all of you- and future generations!! They are absolutely stunning in how they capture the love and togetherness of your family.
I am glad that Christmas turned out to be a time of joy in the midst of so much stress.
Love you, girl!!