Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Strength?

Since I first started this blog page a few weeks ago I have met some amazing people. Some of which I probably wouldn't have come to know otherwise.

One of these people is Krissy. She is definitely the FireCracker. But in her latest post she refers to me as being stronger than strong. I have pondered this since reading it yesterday.

Am I really as strong as I should be? Am I as strong as I could be? I would like to think so. In reality the truth is No, I am not strong.

But (thank God for the Buts) with God and his amazing love for me I have the strength to deal with whatever is thrown my way. It is God that continues to hear my prayers for peace, strength and one more day. He continues to carry me through my heartache. He continues to bless me and my family each and everyday. He continues to give me that extra push to get out of bed when all I want to do is hide under the covers. He continues to be the calm during the storm. He continues to be my strength because I am so very weak and weary.

I have more than had my moments where at times I find myself angry at God. He can fix this. Why doesn't he? Because he's God and he doesn't have to. And that's Ok with me. He has never left me I have been one to turn on him during these trying times. But he remains ever present by my side. And for this I am once again Thankful.

Krissy thank you so very much for the wonderful compliment and for making me realize that I am a little stronger than I thought I was. I am truly humbled.

6 comments:

krissy said...

Sweetheart, the defination of strong comes in so many ways. You are strong in your faith. That is a gift right there.

Let me tell you a little secret about myself. I am strong when people mess with me or my own. I am a "firecracker" then. But when real life things get thrown at me, I am a puddle of yuck. I am on anxiety and panic meds because I worry about the unknowns, the stuff I cannot handle.

But through this journey, even when you get angry at God, you still stand by his side, holding his hand and even allowing him to carry you. You stand by your husband and show him the support in which he needs.

Don't question your strengths. Don't question your weaknesses. Just remember that you are in a situation that would make most people crap themselves and run for the hills. You are STRONG and you are amazing. Don't forget that. If you do, come and see me! I will remind you and I will pick you up when you are down. That is what I do best.

Hugs and love sweetness!

Brittany said...

Hey! I am Krissy's friend, Brittany.

I am amazed by your faith. What an amazing journey you and your family are enduring- but like Krissy said: LOOK at your strength! God has given you this strength and HE will continue to give it to you, and stand by your side. HE will NOT give you more than you can handle.

"The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him." Exodus 15:2

Blessings From Above said...

Wow, I am so amazed by your strength and faith. I had to go back and start from the beginning. Please know that I will be praying for you and your family.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Stephanie said...

Wow, that was very inspirational. I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for stopping by my blog - I love meeting new friends!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad you've found somebody to be supportive to you. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I left you a little bit of bloggie love over at my place, from this morning.
Take care of yourself!