So I figured before I really got started on this blog. That I should introduce all of us. And that way when I start telling my story you will have some inclination of who I'm speaking of. Ok here goes...
be called his Wife "Richard." There has never been any other person I have come across that has the same wonderful spirit about them as Richard. He is a fighter. For the past 45 years of his life he has fought continously against the uncurable disease Cystic Fibrosis. And then in June of 2007 he was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer. He had surgery to remove it and did 4 out of 12 Chemo treatments. His body just couldn't take anymore than that. For the most part he is doing better. Being so sick from the Chemo has affected his lung functions and he does get winded pretty easily now. A week ago we found out during a CAT scan that the Cancer is back in the pelvis cavity. We aren't sure yet what kind or if it is spreading at this point. Many more test to come. I'm sure this blog will be my refuge when it comes to the days and months ahead. But during all of this Richard has never lost sight of his Faith. He amazes me with his continued strength. And the Peace that the Lord has given him is an inspiration to others. I love him more than words can express. I would rather have a few years with the man of my dreams than none at all. Being a CFers wife, husband, parent etc takes dedication and love. It is not for the weak nor is it for the lighthearted. God has given us these gifts because we fit the bill so to say. 
Jacob is my tenderhearted always wanting to help child. In 2006 there was a thing on our local news about a girl that was selling lemonade to help in the fight for Childhood Cancer. And my sweet Jacob got the idea that we as a family could do something to help in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. So I checked into it and that was when I discovered the CF Foundation's Great Strides walk. So I signed us up and last year we raised almost $1500 dollars. This year we are hoping for $2000. We have decided to make it a family tradition. It's alot of fun and a wonderful way to tell Richard's story. Jacob also loves to play baseball. He has been playing since he was 4. And I think it is going to continue to be something he loves to do.
Last but not least there is "Calob" he is the baby and always will be. But don't tell him I said that.
Calob is all boy that's for sure. He doesn't mind being dirty and he loves to ride his bike. Although he is extremely accident prone. He has all the scars and battle wounds to prove it. Calob can make anyone laugh when they are sad and he is friend to anyone he meets. Kind of like his Mom I suppose. But he definitely gets his jokes and wit from Richard. They are so much alike sometimes it's scary. Calob and Jacob have a very close relationship one like I have never seen. But as kids they have seen, heard and experienced things that other kids don't know anything about. So I guess they figure they have to stick together. 
When Richard is in the hospital they become my little men of the house. They help out around the house making sure that chores are getting done and that I am Ok and not lonely. Calob is always playing some kind of Joke on me to make me laugh and Jacob tells me about all the crazy 5th grade drama going on at school. And when we go to the hospital it's alot like home just not. We play games, watch movies, have dinner together and just take joy in the time we have together. It's funny how close we all are. I guess going through our life we have to stick together.Well that's us in a nut shell. Till next time.











0 comments:
Post a Comment