I haven't blogged in a few days due to the fact that Richard hasn't felt the best.
Today is the last day on his first week of Chemo. Then he gets a week off before he starts again. He has been having a lot of trouble breathing as well as some left lobe pain. He thinks that the pain he's experiencing is just from a mucus plug. Also he has been experiencing some difficulty keeping his body temperature regulated. One minute he is burning up and then the next he is freezing. He is so tired and has very little energy to do to much of anything. He still seems to have a pretty good appetite though. Which I'm thankful for. He is trying very hard to keep his weight up by drinking high calorie scandi shakes. So far this seems to be working.
You can just look at him and tell he doesn't feel good. I hate this. But only 5 more weeks. If he can just tolerate it for 5 more weeks. I know that it's not guaranteed that this Chemo is even going to work. But we pray it will.
All in all this weekend was not the best to be told. We did however manage to go to a Baseball game Saturday Night. It was to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We had a lot of fun. It was a good Saturday night out with family and friends. The Birmingham Barons beat the Montgomery Biscuits 8 - 2. Speaking of Baseball Jacob's team won their game Friday night 16 - 1. The team was thrilled of course. He has another game tonight we'll see how they do.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support and prayers for our family. You have no idea how much it means to me, to us. I had no idea that my blog would be viewed as much as it has. Almost 500 hits in just a matter of a couple of weeks. But the more people that view it the more people are praying. And we need lots of prayers.
6 months ago











1 comments:
I will keep praying the chemo works for Richard! Take care of yourselves!
Post a Comment