What a great weekend we have had. We wanted to do something to take our minds off of everything going on. And for the most part that is what we done. Plus not knowing how Richard is going to handle the Chemo we may not be getting out much once he starts tomorrow.
Saturday we went to one of our State Parks and had a wonderful time. The weather has been unbelievably nice. We just walked and talked and enjoyed ourselves.
So then today... we went to Church this morning. Boy did we have a great service. The guest Preacher we had preached out of Acts 4 about the crippled man at the temple. And how John and Peter healed him in the name of Jesus. Oh what a sweet, sweet name that is. Jesus! Such a great lesson to learn. No matter what life hands us we all need to just give it to Jesus. Just call on him and let him deal with our problems. I know personally that this is not an easy thing to do. But we aren't really the ones in control to begin with.
God has a plan and it is so much bigger than the one we have for ourselves.
After Church it was my Father-in-Law's Birthday shindig. Loads of fun, family and good food. I'm talking salad, lasagna, garlic bread, peach cobbler and strawberry shortcake. Yum~O! My Mother-in-Law sure can cook some good food.
Now I'm full and feeling like a nap. I have not had a good nights sleep in the past several weeks since all this new stuff first started. So maybe I should take advantage of my full tummy and go take a little siesta.
6 months ago











0 comments:
Post a Comment