Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A year, a milestone

One year has passed since we got the news that the cancer was back, in full force.

I have prayed so much for this time. For God to allow us this time.

A year has come. Where did it go? How has a year passed already?

For the last several hours I have been sitting here reading my older post from this time last year.

The chemo treatments, the aggrivations, the brokenness.

Some things have changed. There is no more Chemo.

We are not nearly as aggrivated by it all as we once were.

We no longer broken.

God has given us peace.

I thank God for this past year we have made some remarkable memories.

I pray that we have another and another, and another and...

How ironic that in two days we will be going once again for another scan and another visit with the Oncologist that has become like an old friend?

The only difference is we know that the news will not be good this time.

Richard hurts all day everyday. Sometimes it's more intense than other times.

The pain patch barely puts a dent into the pain he feels.

His appetite continues to decrease, the cancer continues to spread.

Yet through it all he amazes me.

I amaze me.

We have grown closer to each other, closer to our boys, closer to God.

I don't know if God will give us another year, but we will thank Him and praise Him for every second of every minute of everyday.

For He is God and this is His plan. We still do not understand but we trust Him.

Jesus said: "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

16 comments:

Brandy said...

You BOTH amaze me.

Continued prayers for you all...

angi_b72 said...

Hey you!!! Glad to be back!! Catching up on your blog now!! Hope things have been going well for you and no more interruptions...off to read what you have been upto!!

LarryG said...

"We all live off his generous bounty, gift after gift after gift."

John 1:16 (The Message)

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing your days ... whether good or challenging ... and this past year with us. It's a gift to all who read your words.

Catching up ...
Great photos from Universal! Love it.

Holy crap ... a fire ... are you serious? I thought you were going to say it was all a dream. I cannot even imagine. Glad everyone is safe though.

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ you both amaze me so much. I don't think I could have the strength to go through what you two are. I love your blog...and feel that I know you and your family through it.

Hugz girlfriend...stay strong!

Michele

Michelle said...

It is amazing how quickly time passes. And it's even more amazing to me how much thing change in that time.

I can only hope that there are more days and weeks and months and years than you ever anticipate.

Christy said...

You are an amazing woman and what a beautiful verse.

Lisa said...

You have an amazing testimony of God's mercy and grace. Your story breaks my heart, but at the same time I realize that life is not perfect here on earth. We can only decide how we face the challenges put before us. You have chosen to face them in faith and with boldness.
May God continue to bless your time together as a family.

Lisa Q

Caroline said...

Wow. I'm so glad that you see God working in the midst of this difficult situation. You are obviously covered in His grace and mercy, along with your family.

Heather said...

Kori, sorry I've been away so long. I have enjoyed all of your Disney pics; I'm so glad you were able to make so many great memories with Richard and the boys.

It is incredible to hear you talk about the peace you have found through all of this. God is so good. You are amazing.

Kristin said...

Keep clinging to God, he will give you the strength to face each day!!!

Rejoicing in the year that you have had to make memories together!!!!

Praying for you!

Devri said...

You have such great faith..

Prayers for you!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Your positive attitude and faith amaze me.

Continued prayers.

Finding Normal said...

You amaze me, too.
I really believe that learning the lesson of just appreciating each day, each moment, each breath is part of my journey on this earth. To live in the moment and not worry about what's coming or what's passed. To love with all my heart, no strings attached.
I will pray for peace for you both as you get news.
Can I say how annoyed I am that your new posts don't show up in my "following" thingie since going private? Guess I should put you in bloglines!

Tracy P. said...

Kori, thanks so much for sharing your story. That verse says it all. This is beautiful!

Marrdy said...

Finding the good every day is a gift that each one of us can learn from you. Thanks for sharing.