Monday, April 20, 2009

In the Mirror...

Every morning I get up drink my cups of coffee and proceed with my regular morning ritual.

Every morning I pull my hair back, wash my face with Noxzema, apply moisturizer and then begin applying my make-up.

Every morning in the same house, same bathroom, while looking in the same mirror as the day before.

This morning I caught a glimpse of someone I barely recognized looking back at me.

The eyes were tired, weak, weary and sad. The longer I looked the deeper they became.

This is not me. I am not tired, weak, weary or sad.

Yes it is you, I heard the voice inside my head saying.

WHAT!?

I looked away. I could no longer look into those eyes.

I cried. My own eyes made me cry.

I don't want to be the person staring at me in the mirror.

I know that my patience has been wearing thin, I have not been the spunky, outgoing person everyone knows. My emails have been short and lacking as well as my Instant Message conversations. I'm sorry if it was you on the other end.

I realized I am not as strong as I thought. I can not continue on doing this alone. I need to pass my burdens on...

to God.

He's there I know that. Jesus, me and Him are tight. We talk all the time. Ok, so I talk He listens. It works for us that way cause I talk and talk and talk and he can't get a word in edge wise. But when he does, I certainly listen.

I know that I have to continue to turn this over to Him. For some reason I can't. My heart is heavy. Let Go, Let God as Lula once told me.

I have to, I had to... I did.

For my burdens are not mine to have to bear alone.

I've known it for some time but I just realized it while looking in the mirror this morning.

Thank you God for letting me see the me that I don't want to be. Thank you God for taking the burdens without question. Thank you for guiding me along this road. Thank you for letting me see... me.

Just...

thank you for the Mirror.

22 comments:

Tracy P. said...

The mirror speaks the truth. Sometimes it could speak it with a little more love. ;-) I'm glad the Lord tossed in the love with that encounter.

Christy said...

insert watery smile here...God doesn't shy away from showing us the way we really are sometimes. It's scary.

It was nice to talk to you this evening, hope to do it again sometime.

Angie said...

Oh Kori, I wish I had magical words to ease that look in the mirror but you have it all correct....only GOD can help with that. Just know there are many thinking & praying for you guys. Sending you lots of love from Virginia.

Linda said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way. Wish I could do more, anything to make it a bit more bearable for you. One day you'll look in that mirror and smile with the brave, strong and faithful woman you see.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I will continue to pray for you, too!

The 4 Mounier's said...

Oh Kori, How the mirror speaks the truth. You are tired and scared and feel alone at times. Always know that are God is always there.I remember some of the things you were talking about when I took care of my grandmother. There was days it was just me and God. I also remember you and your beautiful sprit helping through all the tough times. You have a GREAT support group behind you and praying for you are your family. God will see you and the boys through this. I LOVE YA GIRL.Turn your eyes upon Jesus he will see you through it.

Lisa said...

May our Lord comfort you and hold you. His spirit that is within you will carry you through.

Lisa Q

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ God is there to comfort you and take your burdens. And we are here to listen when you need to vent or talk. Please remember that....

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

I know it's those times when we wonder where God is, but those are times he's holding us the closest. Someone once told me that God sees something in you that you do not see in yourself when selecting who's lives he will bless with these amazing people.
Please know we're here if you need us.
Hugs
Angela

Marrdy said...

Even in your times of trouble you bring to us an inspriational uplifting message. Bless you and do as Lula says, Let go and Let God.

Graceful said...

What an awesome strenght and grace you have, Kori! God listens, God cares, God Answers!

Lula! said...

"thank you for the mirror..."

That is GOOD STUFF right there, Kori. Oh, how I loved this post. Oh, how I love you. And your gorgeous eyes.

LarryG said...

Colossians 1:27

Betty said...

I´m glad you rely on the only source that can give you the strength you need to go through this! HE is there for you and we will pray!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Boy how he can listen. And to be able to sit in His presence and really FEEL it, and being able to just pass the burdens on. Peace.

Krissi said...

"Come to me, all you that are weak and heavy laiden and I will give you rest"

Heather said...

I agree with Lula, girl...this IS good stuff.

Heart-wrenching, soul-searching, God-loving kind of good.

Praying for you and your family in the days ahead.

Sending love to wrap around all of you.

Susie said...

One minute at a time.... It is so hard to be strong at a time like this. I know you are having a tough time, but it is so good to read that you are letting God... BTW, I look in the mirror and see a woman who is starting to look her age... My internal mirror says I am only 21....

Michelle said...

Dear Kori, Oh how I can identify with those feelings and I wish I had comforting words, but I would just need to turn them around on myself as well. I'll be praying the only One who brings true comfort will encircle you now. I know and I know you know the spirit is with you.

Anonymous said...

Still praying

Christine in Cali

Megan said...

It's just like the poem 'Footprints'. He carries you when you can't walk.

Hollywood said...

Beautiful <3 not alone