I'm here at work taking my lunch break, trying to relax after eating some fairly decent food out of the cafeteria.
However I can't relax. I can't seem to flick the shut off switch in my brain.
All I can seem to focus on is tomorrow.
Richard's scan is tomorrow morning at 8 we have to be there at 7 for the usual work up of labs. Then we see the Oncologist at 9 which after the past year has become like an old friend.
How is that possible? I admire Dr. P for his honesty, for taking on the role as the bearer of bad news for so many. The job he has I am certain is a very difficult one.
Pray for him, I do.
IF we get done there by 11 we are suppose to go to CF clinic just for a check-up. Depending on time and our emotions we may not make it there.
I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I am dreading it for many, many reasons.
Richard has developed more pain in different areas. That can only mean that the cancer has spread some more. With the touch of my hand on his abdomen I can feel these hard pearl like shapes. It's surreal to think that I can feel what is killing him.
He hurts all the time for the most part. We do have glimpses of pain free moments. But those are rare, far, few and in between. His abdomen is bloated making it hard for him to button his pants. Most days he is in pajama pants around the house. When he does go somewhere alot of the times his pants are left unbuttoned yet covered by his shirt.
Standing to long hurts, sitting to long hurts, laying to long hurts. And at night when he tries to roll from the right side to the left there is a moan that escapes him. He says it feels like his insides are pulling apart, so back to the right side he goes.
The cancer that Richard has, has a way of secreting a sticky glue like substance. It attaches itself to whatever is around it whether it be other tumors, intestines, liver, stomach it doesn't matter. It can also cause organs to fuse to one another. This is where the discomfort and pain comes in.
He now has chronic pain, meaning it never goes away. As far as the pain patches he is on they just make it a little more tolerable. They are no longer working like they once were and percocet seems to have become our new friend for those times when the patches seem to be completely noneffective.
I hate to see him hurt like this. Sometimes I feel completely and utterly helpless.
How did we get here to this place so quickly?
Yesterday my dear sweet friend Megan did a post about not being able to become pregnant after trying for the past several years and how she's upset by it all. She asked if anyone had suggestions on how they should be praying specifically for God to bless them with a child.
I couldn't tell her how to pray, yet I did tell her how I pray.
I no longer weep from the sadness my heart feels as I pray. I no longer beg and ask God for a miracle to heal Richard as I pray. I no longer ask that He give me peace to be able to handle the days ahead.
Why?
I have peace with it all. For so long I was looking for the peace that only He can give. I realized I had it all along I just had to believe it.
When I pray at night now... I am just thankful.
I still weep, yes but it's for completely different reasons.
It's because I am... Thankful that God has blessed us with the past 8 and a half years. Thankful that he has allowed me to love Richard completely, openly and honestly with all my heart. Thankful that He chose to give me a love like this. Thankful for the two amazing boys that I have been given. Thankful for the amazing father Richard is to our boys. I am thankful for all the amazing and wonderful people that He has brought into my life.
Most of all I am thankful for Him, my God, my Jesus, my Father, my Friend.
I just ask you to please remember us tomorrow as we know the news won't be good. Our peace in God will comfort us for I know this.
Also if you twitter I usually try to post updates there throughout the day while we are at clinic. My user name is wife2cfer.
6 months ago











20 comments:
Prayers for all of you.
Just checking in and letting you know I will be praying for your family.
Christine
I'm so glad that you are able to feel peace through this. It's never fun to have a loved one suffer or taken from us, but it is such a blessing that God can grant us peace. My heart is with you tommorrow.
You amaze me to no end. I've never met anyone with such strength and conviction of faith in spite of adversity. You are an inspiration to me always. Know that hugs are being sent your way tomorrow morning and always.
Tears...prayers...hugs...much love!
Praises to Him for all He has given you through this .. my heart aches for you, and rejoices at the same time.
Praying, Praying, Praying! Hugs to you all!!
Kori, that is absolutely a beautiful way of explaining yourself. I wish I had something to offer you -- just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow and the next day....
your strength makes me misty-eyed. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.
Kori, I will be praying for you both tomorrow. And also for Richard's doctor.
All along,my friend, I have been so amazed at the grace and peace that you handle all of this with. You amaze me. Even when it all sucks, you admit it with such grace. I wish i knew you IRL. You are living such a testimony.
Please know that you will be lifted up in my prayers.
Much love!
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
My prayers and thoughts are with you. xoxo
I am praying for your family
Oh Kori ~ I so wish I could hug you honey. My heart and prayers are with you and Richard right now...and always. I pray Richard can get a little relief from the percocets.
Lots of hugz,
Michele
{{Hugs}} You are so inspirational. I'm praying for ya'll...
As I am posting this a day late, your tomorrow is already happening right now. I wish you luck!
You've got my prayers....shoot this was yesterday.
Well hugs to you all.
Praying for you all today Kori.
Thinking of you... so thankful for the Peace that Passes all Understanding!!!
Kori there just are no words I can say to help you feel better I know, but I do hope you know how much you all are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't begin to imagine what you all are going through, it makes me want to cry when I do try to imagine, what if that were Steve ... Oh I'll tell you I just don't think I could be as strong as you are. You are just one super woman and Richard is so lucky. Not only is he lucky though, so are you...you and your boys are so lucky to have been blessed to have Richard come into your lives. It's so hard to understand sometimes why things have to be the way they are we just have to know that God doesn't make mistakes and everything happens for a reason. I know that you already know that though without me having to say it. I just wish I could hug you all right now .........
No matter how bad things get just always know there are people here for you, all you have to do is holler!
Much love my friend
Tracy
My hubby and I have tried to keep our prayers full of thankfulness and what a blessing it has been. I will keep you in my prayers too!
I'm sorry I'm just getting over here. And I'm sorry you guys didn't get better news. I'm praying that Richard's pain meds start working so he's not in so much pain.
And I wanted to thank you for sharing how you pray. I was a very helpful piece of advice.
(((HUGS))) and prayers!!
Post a Comment