Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update

Today as I sat beside my husband holding his hand waiting for the tech to call him back for the scan I felt this overwhelming sense of feeling completely terrified. Just as quick as it came, it was gone and I knew it was none other than my God.

I am not saying that I am not scared or terrified because I am. I am just saying that I am comforted to know where my husband is going and who he will be with when he's no longer with me. I will miss him more than I can even imagine but I won't wish him back, not for him to be like this.

Today we knew would be rough. We knew the news we would receive would not want to be heard.

We arrived did the usual labs, scan and then waited for the Doctor. He wasted no time getting in the room to see us. He preceeded to explain that the Radiologist called him due to the cancer being "Considerably Worse" and she wanted to explain what she seen.

Since we are no longer doing any treatments because they weren't working to begin with the cancer to continues to progress fiercly within Richard's abdomen. He now not only has cancer in the peritneum but he also has tumors in what the doctor called the "apron" that lies on top of the intestines as well as in his groin.

The radiologist didn't mention if there was any involvement of the organs. She did mention that the chest x-ray was conclusive to that of a Cystic Fibrosis patient and that the right upper lobe was compromised and appeared to have some infection. He is now on antibiotics for 2 weeks to hopefully prevent a hospital stay.

Richard was in so much pain that he couldn't even stand for the Doctor to touch his abdomen. They have upped his pain patch, teken him off the percocet and put him on some meds that are supposed to offer instant relief. We will try this regimen for 5 days if it doesn't seem to be working we will try something else.

Doctor P. didn't mention time frames but he did tell us to just enjoy each other and our family. We plan too.

Right now Richard is comfortable for the most part. Now don't think that he is not able to do anything. He can still do whatever he feels up to doing. Driving, being a stay at home dad all of it as long as he doesn't overdue. He is some kind of awesome and I love him so very much.

Now let's get off this Debbie Downer stuff for a little bit. I got my CD with the rest of the pictures that Tonya took of us back in December today. She even sent me the outtakes. I am so glad she did they show "US" I love them all but I will just show a few to you guys. I don't want to run you off or anything.



Ok so obviously I am not quite sure what a few is. I have a lot more though so be thankful. Oh and I have one more that is awesome.


Are you ready?


You sure?


Ok.


Wait for it.


Wait.


ok here it is...






AWESOME isn't it?

I think this shall be the one I have frmaed and mounted above my fireplace.

What do you think?

44 comments:

Wep said...

hon i am so sorry. If you want to chat i'm on im during the day. I love the umbrella ones. They are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kori. First, I love the pictures. The photographer seemed to capture your love & spirit. A.Mazing!

Second, your faith and devotion bring me to tears. I pray for you, Richard and the boys, asking for God's grace. I will continue to pray that you are able to stay firm in your strength, as we all know that without God, nothing is possible. With Him, all things are possible. I will also pray that the pain meds help Richard's pain, and that he is comforted.

Sending all of you hugs!

Lori said...

amazing pics!!!!

and still praying for you all. stay strong!

BBB said...

For some reason I find myself VERY drawn to that last pic.... I just can't figure out why.... *wink wink*

I wub you baby

@ said...

The pics are great, of course. I will be praying, as usual.

I looked for you as I grabbed the last box of Banana Nut Cherrios at Walmart yesterday, but you weren't there, as scheduled ;) . Want 'em? Seriously... ;)

Marrdy said...

You know what I enjoyed most about this post is how much love you have expressed that your Richard has for you. What a beautiful gift. You know from your past how bad marriage can be without someone who loves you no matter what. And what a beautiful family. You look happy and silly and I hope this is how you always remember your life. Love you!!

Dawn said...

Kori, if you were right here with me, I would give you a big ol' hug. Your attitude through this difficult time just wows me. You are brave, and you are honest. I love that about you. I will continue to pray for Richard, yourself, and your family.

Also, those pictures are all fantastic!! They are just so fun.

angi_b72 said...

awesome awesome pics Kori!! Still praying for you!! Love ya girl!!

Shannon said...

Oh, Kori. You've got me crying one minute... then I get to the end of this post and I'm laughing.

I love you big time.

Christy said...

OK, I had to look twice at that picture before I noticed what you were talking about. That is awesome, he is so hilarious. I love these pictures, but I especially like the one with the boys on your backs. So cute!!

Thinking about you, as always.

Kellee said...

Ahh..
I cried then laughed then cried..
Im so sorry
I will continue to pray for you and your family.
You amaze me with your strength and devotion =)

Lisa said...

Beautiful pictures of a very loving family.
My heart aches for you and the boys, but I know that our God will sustain you. Praying that Richard will not be in alot of pain

Lisa Q

Trish said...

I'm sorry, yet so amazed. You my friend shine with an amazing faith in our Lord.

Praying tonight that the new pain regimine works.

Also laughing hysterically at the picture. Guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, eh?

Tracy said...

I just love all the pictures.

Hugs,
Tracy

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! They are Great!! Still praying for Richard,You and the Boys

Stephanie said...

Do you still have the same phone number?

I love you so much and I LOVE your pictures!! They are gorgeous!

Your family is always in my prayers! I love you all so much!

The 4 Mounier's said...

You are so strong. I cried and cried. I am so happy that are Lord has given strength because he is the only one we can get it from. I wish I could give you a hug. I am leaving this evening going to T-Town until Sun. I will do my best to see you next week. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. I love all of you. By the way how is MR.C? I can not stop thinking about what happened.T wants J to come back over and spend the night. If you can handle it. Love Ya, Your in my Prayers As Always

The 4 Mounier's said...

I forgot to tell you your PICS were GREAT!!!!!! I LOVE THEM. EVER PIC is so priceless.LOVE YA

Elena said...

Knowing what is to come, sure doesn't make hearing it any more easy. You have SUCH a beautiful attitude about all this. You are an inspriation to so many. LOVE the pictures. They will be treasures for you!! THe last one is hysterical.

Brandy said...

You always make me cry. And not because I feel bad for you, but because I admire you. Your strength. Your faith.

I LOVE the pics...what a beautiful family you have!

Michele said...

Oh Kori honey...I so with I could give you a great big bear hug right now. You are so strong...I love that about you.

I love all the pictures...just captures the love between all of you. So special!

Hugz,
Michele

Jane In The Jungle said...

Kori those pictures are awesome!! I loved them the first time but enjoy these even more, love outtakes!!
I will pray that the meds work as they should for Richard so he will find relief from pain. I will pray for you continued peace within this storm. Take care friend.

Susie said...

Kori - I am so sorry the news was not good. I have been so busy with my job that I haven't made the time to stop and visit your site. I pray for Richard and you every day so even though I am not taking the time to see what you are up to, I do have you in my thoughts.

I love the pictures, especially that last one. Ha ha ha

Betty said...

The photos are awesome! You will cherish them always,I´m sure!
As to the rest...all I can say is, your attitude amazes me! I will keep praying for you!

Shelley said...

Awesome photo indeed! Thanks for sharing all of them!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family! Loved the pictures too.

Christine

Rhea said...

Those photos are AWESOME. Definitely worth it. Hang in there, Kori.

Kerry said...

Oh Kori , I m so sorry about all of this. I pray the the change in pain meds help Richard to be more comfortable.
Something you can take to the bank is that you are always there for Richard. That is a gift given to him. Its never easy being a caregiver but you are awesome.
I m praying for a bit of relief for Richard. About the time line, glad none given..Only God knows what the plan is. No one can tell us that.
Enjoy each day with your family.
Prayers from Michigan.
Love the pictures they are great.

Finding Normal said...

I love all of the pictures. I'm so sorry to read that the cancer has spread. I'll pray for comfort...for all of you.

Meg said...

Hugs and prayers for you and the guys. I love these pics--and the final one is great!

FlipFlop Mom said...

I went from a sad heart to an outburst of laughter!!!! You my dear are an angel!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the news... and as always.. you all are in my thoughts and prayers...

The photos are BEAUTIFUL!!! such great talent!!! and I absolutely LOVE the last picture.. I say hang it up!!!

Hugs and loves for you ALL!

Caroline said...

I'm so sorry about the report you got. I hope that this time you all have as a family will be more than brilliant and treasured forever.

And those pictures...WOW! They are beautiful! Your family is gorgeous!

mj1989 said...

Kori,

I read your post on Friday and didn't comment. I've been thinking about you all weekend. Enjoy every moment with your family - make good lasting memories for those boys. I love your spirit. I will be praying for you all.

Aubrey said...

You all are such an inspiration to me! Your family, your faith, it is all just amazing. You are in my thoughts often and my prayers every day.

The photos are LOVELY! I love them all. Especially the piggy back one!

Linda said...

Fabulous photos! Thanks for being real and sharing what's on your heart. Continued prayers for you all ...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I just love those pictures! Every time you post them, I can't help but smile.

I will continue to pray for Richard's pain relief and peace!

(I'm sorry I haven't been by lately, I didn't realize I wasn't a follower...maybe now, I will know when you post?)

Katey said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!! I hope Richard gets some relief from the pain with the new meds! You all are constantly in my prayers! And you know if you EVER need anything...i'm not that far away!! You are an amazing person!!!

Carmen said...

Hi Kori,
thanks so much for sending me your blog. I am so happy that Richard found such an amazing, beautiful, loving and spiritual woman.

I am so sorry that my friend is not feeling very well, having such physical pain as well as the emotional turmoil that it must cause. Richard and I go back to 1982, thats easy for me to remember because that is when I started working at Children's hospital. He was my patient many, many times over many, many years.
Richard always held a special place in my heart, he was so kind and had a gentle spirit about him.
It looks and sounds like he had found his perfect mate with you.

I will be praying for Richards health and for healing and comfort, on all levels. Please, tell him hello for me again and I would love to meet you, and see Richard again.

The photo's are simply beautiful, what a great family. I see the love in every one of you.

Please take care.
Carmen

Michelle said...

Tears, just tears....

Michelle said...

Yikes... again with blogger not letting me actually follow this anymore and ummmm me having not read blogs since last Tuesday, I'm quite a bit behind. I only wish I could offer you some sort of peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

And the photographer, I have to ask -- is this from the foundation where professional photographers take pictures of cancer fighters and their families, etc? I was out on a Girls Night with some friends last night, one of whom mentioned that her (I think?) SIL had started something like this after a bout with breast cancer. I'll admit some of those details are fuzzy, but the concept of it was so cool. And whether this is that or something along those veins -- I love the result!

And I still want to know where you got that ice cream cone shaped pan :)

Megan said...

I love every single one of these pictures. Truly awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!!! What a beautiful family!

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so dang cute with the eyes crossed. I would frame it! lol

Love the photo's!

Anonymous said...

Amazingly. Beautiful. Pictures.

Amazingly. Beautiful. Family.