Saturday, April 11, 2009

FIRE!

Yesterday afternoon one of my dearest friends K picked Calob up from School so that he could spend the night with his best buddy C.


They were going to play the Wii, be boys, have a good time and then today they were going to a Birthday Party. I spoke to K yesterday evening and she told me that Calob would be home late Saturday afternoon.


Well imagine my surprise when Calob was knocking on my bedroom window at 7 this morning.


Soot all over his face, singed hair was upon his head, blisters on his ear, burn mark on his arm as well as flash burn to his hand and blisters on the bottom of his feet.


There was a fire that started in C's room. He got up and went to get his parents. Calob was still asleep in that same room. When K got there to wake him up she couldn't get in the room due to the fire and the inability to see where he was without her glasses.


So she kept hollering. Calob! Calob! Calob! You have to get up and come to me.


He woke up and the whole room was on fire even the carpet was melting.


My son had to run through the fire in order to get out.


It could have been so much worse. I am thankful for my friends. I am proud of my son for being the brave little guy he is.


Here he sits next to me in a cover after his shower, scared and afraid. He still smells like the fire. He's worried about his best buddy cause he lost his pet sugar glider in the fire. He's worried about C's little sister's and them not having anything. So much for one little guy to have to bare.


They lost everything in the fire. All they have are the pajamas they were wearing. They do have insurance but it will be sometime before they get everything back to the way it once was.


We're just thankful that everyone is ok. Please lift this wonderful family up in your prayers.
They are very special to us. We love them dearly.

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my word. I am shaken by the fact that Calob was left in the room while the child went to get his parents. God is good; it could have been much worse.
Did there whole house burn?

Lisa Q

Unknown said...

I will pray for the family! So glad that Calob,his friend and the rest of the family got out ok! It could have been much worse. How scary!

Angie's Spot said...

Oh my word Kori, thank heavens everyone came out with their lives, especially Calob! Material possessions can be replaced and time will heal the emotional and physical wounds. Keeping your friends and you guys in my thoughts! xoxo

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh Kori!!! I cant believe that! Oh awful!!! POOR THING! Poor family! Thank GOD the mom got to Calob in time! I will say prayers for everyone! So so so so so glad everyone is alright!

Elena said...

OH MY WORD!!! That is so so so scary! Did your friends lose the whole house? So grateful your son and their family made it out safely. What a blessing in such a tragic event. Wow, I just don't know what to say.

Meg said...

Wow. It's heartbreaking that they lost their home and a pet, but thank God Calob and the family are safe.

Betty said...

Wow, you guys really have such hard stuff happen to you! I´m glad Calob is ok and we will be praying for your friends, that they have strength to get through this situation!

Shannon said...

Thank God everyone got out of the house OK! Will definitely be keeping this family in my thoughts and pryaers.

Christy said...

I am so, so, so glad that everyone got out ok.

Caroline said...

Wow, I'm so thankful that everyone got out with their lives. That had to have been incredibly scary. I'm so glad that Calob and this precious family are okay, but sad that they lost all their possessions and their home.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh my goodness. How scary. I'm glad everybody is okay.

Marrdy said...

Oh my gosh. What a horrible thing to happen. I will keep them in my prayers.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Girl you just lived through one of a mom's worst nightmares!! Thank you God for saving Calob and your friends family! Let them know they are being lifted up!

Megan said...

OMGOSH!!! WOW! I'm SO glad that he was able to get out. I bet he's terrified! I'm so sorry that your friends lost everything but THANK GOD they got out with their lives and your little guys life, too! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is SO SCARY! I'm so glad that EVERYONE is safe and sound!! That poor family and POOR Calob!!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Oh my goodness. I don't know how you kept it together with Calob showing up like that. How scary.

Will be saying a prayer for your friends who have suffered through the fire in hopes that things are back to normal as soon as possible.

So glad everyone was OK.

Michelle said...

Wow. That is one of my worst nightmares. I'm so glad to hear that he was ok... and yet so scary for all of them. Thank GOD he got out... and the C woke up to begin with.

Sorry I've been delinquent -- I followed but it doesn't actually follow. Yikes!

How is he doing now?

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry for this family, but SO thankful to God that everyone got out safely. Thank you Jesus.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help this family. My heart goes out to them as a house fire is one of my greatest fears.

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so scary! I'm so glad and thankful everyone is all right! Prayers that they are doing all okay now.