Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quick

Well yesterday was the day that a certified letter was sent to my Ex. Hopefully he will sign the consent relinquishing his parental rights. He has 30 days to respond. I am nervous, he has never made anything easy for me. I just pray that for once in his life he will do the right thing and let Richard the only Dad they know, adopt them.

Richard is about the same. There hasn't been any new increases with his pain medicines in the last week and a half. He still hurts and is uncomfortable but it seems to be a little bit more tolerable than before. I just pray that he doesn't become immune to the new increase for a while.

The boys went away over the weekend. So I surprised my hubby with a night away at a nice Hotel in the city with some extra money I had saved for spur of the moment memory making. He was definitely surprised and we really enjoyed our night away from the house alone.

Oh and I went to the Doctor Friday and you all be glad to know that I am now on a sleeping medicine. So no more 2 hour a night sleeps for me. The last couple of nights I have slept better than I have in probably 8 months or more. YAY FOR SLEEP!

Hope all is well with everyone. I know I haven't been around much lately things have been a little crazy.

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Praying that your ex does do the right thing for the boys. Glad you can sleep now. That will help you cope with everything better.
Take care,

Lisa Q

Emily said...

Hope and Pray that your ex does the right thing too.
You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.
God Bless you Kori, Richard and the boys.
Love,
Emily

Lori said...

carry on girl...you are so brave!

Linda said...

I will pray for things to go smoothly with the ex. That's a headache you don't need right now. And yahoo for the sleep! You take care of yourself now ... I know it's hard when you are so focused on Richard and the boys. But they need you to stay healthy.

love ya!

The 4 Mounier's said...

I am praying that all goes well with the ex. I am so glad you and Richard had a great weekend. Every memory is like a million dollars. They are priceless. Keep me informed on what is happening I am on the edge of my seat waiting with you. Tell everyone we love them and if Richard needs me I will be here.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am praying that all goes well with the ex. that is wonderful that you enjoyed a weekend together, memories are all we carry from the moments that mean the most. hugs + prayers.

Lula! said...

Praying for y'all, as always. And for your ex. Really.

Unknown said...

Praying that your ex does the right thing also!

Michele said...

I'm so praying that your ex does the right thing. And I'm so glad you're on some sleep meds...I wish my doc would give them to me. The muscle relaxers they have me on make me sleepy, but I don't stay asleep...sheesh!

I'm keeping you and Richard in my prayers every night...

Big hugz,
Michele

Angie's Spot said...

I'm glad you guys had a lovely weekend together! Crossing my fingers that your ex decides to do the right thing. And quickly.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I pray that the ex does the right thing.

Yay for an adult night away...you totally deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I hope all works out well for you with the boys. I know how stressful that situation can be.

So glad you and Richard got a night out of the house together alone.

And sleep...yes, you do need to be getting plenty of that.

Aubrey said...

So...how has the sleep been treating you?!

FlipFlop Mom said...

I'll be praying for you on this one... I faced this 14 years ago.. and he pulled through and did the RIGHT thing... GOD IS GOOD!!! I'm praying for the same for you.. and the boys.. and especially Richard who has been their true father!!

Rhea said...

I'm so glad you're getting sleep...and yay for a getaway! woohoo!

Megan said...

I'm praying that your ex signs the papers!!

How nice that you were able to get away for a night.

And YAY for sleep!! It an surely make all the difference in how you feel.

Natalia said...

I am so glad that you are now sleeping well, and that you had a special night away - what a lovely thing to do.

I will pray that Richard's pain medication will continue to work. And also that your ex will sign and let Richard adopt the boys!

I haven't been around much either and I'm catching up backwards. (Not that I expect you to have noticed but I feel bad about it myself.)