Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update & Interview my Hubby

At the Doctor's office today, we did talk quite a bit about Hospice Care. He wants us to interview Hospice Organizations to see which one we like the best and which one will offer the most support for our family considering that we do have children in the house.

When we go back on July 9th he wants us to have a decision as to which one we would like to go with. Depending on how Richard seems to be doing when we go back he will then make the call about starting Hospice. We did find out that the Doc will be able to still follow Richard and see him if need be while he is on hospice. This news made us both feel a little better.

We did keep our appointment with the Funeral Home today. It wasn't as bad as I psyched myself up to expect it to be. Neither one of us shed a tear. It was very cut and dry. And since we know the Funeral Director it was pretty painless and it took all of about 15 minutes to shop for a casket, vault and memorial package.

Now that we have gotten the update out of the way. I have something else for you guys.

Several of you have asked about Richard maybe doing a guest post on my blog. Well I talked to him about it and he thought an interview would be better for him.

So he wants you guys to ask the questions. Ask him anything and he says he will answer it. (maybe I should sneak my own personal questions in there. lol)

So shoot, ask away.

13 comments:

Devri said...

Sorry I have been MIA, I come read, just don't have time to comment anymore.. NOw that school is out I will come more. caskets? I would have bawled like a baby. love every moment you have together. hugs to you.

Lisa said...

I am speechless and can't think of a thing to ask at this moment. God does give us the strength when we need it, because I can not imagine going to pick out a casket for the person sitting next to me.

Ok, I have sat here and thought about it. Richard, do you think only in the present now, not the future? Has a terminal illness changed the way you view today?

You guys are awesome.

Lisa Q

Angela said...

{{{{{BIG HUGS!}}}}} to both of you! I cannot even imagine how hard it was to go to the funeral home. I agree with Lisa - God gives us grace and strength when we need it - rarely before. He is never late though!

I don't have any questions for Richard, but just want to send you guys love and say hi!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Richard you asked for it!!!! ☺☺
* What advice would you give to a parent raising a child with Cystic Fibrosis?
* Would you redo anything in your life?
* What is the biggest lesson you have learned through out all of these obstacles you've been given?
* What advice would you give to someone that has Cystic Fibrosis?
* Also any tips, tricks, or things you have learned that have helped you on days when you have struggled with your CF?

OK, enough I know! I could go on for ever! So if you need more let me know! It's always helpful to have someone elses persepective that has been there and knows what Phoenix is going through.
Sending big hugs and prayers!

Christy said...

I don't have any questions either... I am glad your day was easier that you expected it to be.

Aubrey said...

Ok, my question is going to be WAY cliche but...

What do you love most about Kori? And does she have any bad habits that you can't stand?

Tracy said...

Well not too many people have asked questions.
I do admire y'all for your strength and faith through all this, I'm telling you I just don't think I could be so strong.

Steve and I have conversations sometimes about if something happened to one of us, would we want the one left here to go on with their life and remarry IF someone came along. Steve tells me he would want that for me, but I tell him No....I would never want him with anyone else. Is that awful of me, probably so but for the life of me that would hurt me worse than anything knowing that after I was gone he could move on and be happy with someone else. What are y'alls thoughts? Y'all probably are like Steve and most other normal people, I guess I'm just weird!
My real maternal grandmother passed away when I was 5 yrs old, her and my grandfather had been married 30 yrs, within 6 months my grandfather got married to my first step grandmother, they were married 30 years and she passed away several years ago, again within 6 months he was remarried again. I just can't imagine, especially so soon. I am glad he's happy though and wouldn't want him sitting there lonely , but within 6 months both times, Mmmm can't imagine.

Heather said...

Richard and Kori, you know all of our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. And will continue to be from here on out.

You are facing one of my biggest fears as a parent: leaving your children behind. How are you dealing with that? I know you had the necklaces made for the boys...have you done anything else for them, to help them deal with their loss?

What is the one memory that you treasure most?

Michelle said...

Oh Kori, I'm so sorry to hear about the progression of Richard's cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

And questions? Hmmm....

What is your favorite memory of Kori? Of Jacob? Calob?

What are your goals over the next several months?

What is your proudest accomplishment?

What makes you happy on a daily basis?

How do you spend your days?

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK for Richard:

What is your greatest wish for Kori and the boys for the future?
How do you want them to remember you?

And always know there are tons of us out here praying for you daily!

Marrdy said...

I am impressed you were able to be so brave. You always amaze me. Hold strong and trust in God.

Here is a Richard question:
What one thing that you have taught your sons would you like them to carry on throughout their lives?

Linda said...

I'm always amazed at your strength through all of this. My prayers are continuously with you all.

For Richard ... how has your faith helped you through this? Was there ever a time, or is there still, when you are angry with your fate? Is there anything that you wish you still had time to do?

Tracy P. said...

Richard, I'm curious what your prayer life is like. I want to know whether you sort of sit in his presence and let him do his thing, or whether you talk to him about specifics.