Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hey all you crafty peeps!

I want to do a Bedroom redo. Now I don't have money for new furniture and things like that. But I can afford a few cans of paint.

I have a headboard, dresser with mirror, nightstand and a armoire.

They all have mirrored glass inserts. It's a little 90-ish and I want to modernize it. I'm thinking of painting it robins egg blue then black over the blue, distressing it a little so the blue underneath will show through and adding some new more modern knobs and pulls. But the glass inserts are stumping me. It has like this decorative gold design around the edges. Even my big mirror on the dresser has this design. The inserts on the armoirs and the dresser I thought I might could decoupage with some kind of decorative paper that would match. But what can I do about this mirror? Can I even decoupage over glass? Can I tape off the gold part and paint over it like paint a border around the mirror. Ooo a border. I could maybe get some strips of molding or wood cut to size and put a frame around the mirror. Hmmm...See I am not that crafty and I need lots of creative ideas.

HELP?????

If I need to I will take some pictures for you guys to really understand what I'm talking about.

We have lived in our house for almost 8 years and every wall is still white except for Jacob's room.

My plans for the summer months are to add some color to the walls and do some rearranging and redecorating. Ya'll get ready cause I'm gonna be asking for lots of advice.

10 comments:

Aubrey said...

I was gonna ask for a few pictures of the inserts! I'm not crafty either but I always see a lot of great ideas online!

Our bedroom is still a blank canvas. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Inspire me!

Unknown said...

Im not much of a crafty person but i just wanted to wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. I know i would need the luck for sure lol

LarryG said...

sounds fun! enjoy

Christy said...

pictures would help I think. =)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Um...yeah, no idea here...but show us some pictures:)

Jane In The Jungle said...

Frame out the mirrors in small pieces of molding but paint the molding the same blue you are painting first. That will make the blue pop when you distress it with the black.

Gina said...

will that decorative gold design scrape off with a straight razor?? what about glass paint? you could tape it off and then paint it with glass paint (craft store- same area as regular craft paint)and it would look more like stained glass..

Marrdy said...

Good luck. Wish I had some cool ideas but I am not crafty at all!

Trish said...

Okay, I am no help, but.......

the girl you need to talk to is Beckie at Infarrantly creative. That girl is amazing!! She is the best at refab. And I mean THE BEST.

And the greatest thing about it? She is very good friends with Leigh Anne in real life, and she and I used to go to church together. It's all 6 degrees of seperation..........

so her blog is www.infarrantlycreative.blogspot.com

hopefully she has an e-mail address that you could contact her on. Seriously, she will walk you throug it all, and will save you dollars in the process. Look through her blog, she recently redid her kitchen cabinets and they are fabulous.

have lots of fun!

Megan said...

I'm sure whatever you come up with will look fantabulous. I'm the wrong person to ask for decorating advice from. lol